What's new

my new stick

dreemernj

Ambassador
ilovepoop said:
would you guys prefer doing it on the 360 rather than mame?
Yes.

1) Legal
2) MAME has consistantly given us trouble with hooking up controllers at tournaments.

dreemernj said:
ilovepoop said:
would you guys prefer doing it on the 360 rather than mame?
Yes.

1) Legal
2) MAME has consistantly given us trouble with hooking up controllers at tournaments.
well then i think its time for you to hop on the boat and get a 360 lol

Derek

Noob
Enigma said:
He does not do the soldering, correct?
No, he does solder it. He does the whole thing and ships it to you. That's why I'm thinking about getting one. I've got to E-mail him.

Enigma

Noob
Awesome! The last I heard, he didn't do the soldering. This is definitely good news. Does he have to be sent an Xbox 360 wired controller?

I was this close to getting one, but then my power supply burnt out on my computer. I've got to buy a new one for about $70.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Go to his page or contact him, he's a cool guy, very helpful. The first stick he made for me I think got overloaded through adapter whoring. I'm not sure what kind of guts he used for mine exactly, I don't remember, probably PSX pad.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yours has a plain PSX pad I believe (it's still inside the stick).

He did a very good job of constructing the box and soldering everything together with Shock's. The fact that he used clips to all the arcade control buttons is fantastic because I was able to sub in a different controller (iPac) with almost no difficult (and no soldering because I bought the same kind of clips).

Like Shock said, the problems that came up from his are probably due to using the pad with USB adapters. I would assume the power provided differed quite a bit from adapter to adapter because none of them were really of high quality construction.

RayRokka

Noob
Dreaded fist made me a stick for SF about 3 years ago. I still have it and use it to this day. I've never had any problems and I am going to have him make me a umk3 stick for x 360.

So you guys will see me online in a few weeks hopefully. I haven't played umk3 online cuz I don't have stick. Playing with a 360 pad is a travesty and refuse to do it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just so everyone knows, I posted a review of the XFPS in the general section. Glory be to Arcade Stick. It's ridiculous that I can't use the KB the way I want, but because of DreadedFist, DreemerNJ and a lot of my money, I can now use a custom UMK3 arcade stick at 100% efficiency. So now, look at that picture of the UMK3 stick as my Xbox 360 controller, complete with guide button, start, and back.

RayRokka

Noob
Where is the pic of your stick?

Also, we should try to get umk3 at EVO this year. I think it could actually happen :)

i emailed dreadedfist last night and he just got backto me he said for him to make a custom stick for UMK3 with the buttons correct and everything it would cost about $160 thats plus shipping i believe thats not to bad i'll be doing that hopefully later this week

Derek

Noob
ilovepoop said:
i emailed dreadedfist last night and he just got backto me he said for him to make a custom stick for UMK3 with the buttons correct and everything it would cost about $160 thats plus shipping i believe thats not to bad i'll be doing that hopefully later this week
Fucker, I have to wait until March before I can even order the stick.

:cry:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The UMK3 stick for 360 is currently on the shelf again until I get out something after the iPac's demise.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
RayRokka said:
Also, we should try to get umk3 at EVO this year. I think it could actually happen :)
Everyone should send MrWiz (that's his XBL gamertag) a message saying this. He is from SRK.com and one of the higher ups for EVO IIRC. Depends on when EVO is this year, I might go.

ive never had the pleasure to play a mortal kombat game with an arcade stick... too young when the originals came out and i didnt have a good arcade near me. every once and a while i play Tekken at the movies just a couple games, its not competitive there more ppl play ddr than anything.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Konqrr said:
RayRokka said:
Everyone should send MrWiz (that's his XBL gamertag) a message saying this. He is from SRK.com and one of the higher ups for EVO IIRC. Depends on when EVO is this year, I might go.
that would be super nice, but I doubt this could happen officially. maybe some UG torny or something. it'd kick ass for us mk fans :)

RayRokka

Noob
Yeah we should do that...I mean UMK3 has higher online numbers than any of the SF's right?

It's also readily accessible now which is a big deal I'm sure.

There's still plenty of time to make it happen.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, I think it'd be a matter of registrations. There's the factor of people traveling basically. If there was going to be something completely serious, it'd have to be at EVO and it has to happen this year.