What's new

Tech - Hellfire My name is Scorpion, and I don't care about your Armor.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It's just nitpicking imo. I watched the full video actually interested in what he came up with. I guess most people aren't as patient.

This is coming from a guy that used to film matches and tech with a cellphone cam so maybe I'm bias.
My videos used to be green screen before i get my hands on a capture device, so i know where you're comingo from :p

Thank god for the new PS4 record, stream system, i get to extract my vids and do whatever i like with them even if i don't have a 1K equipment.

There is some setups i find interesting on the vid, will definitely grind into them further.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Backdash when staggered comes out even before ducking, for example you can backdash that 214 after tp(if done after the tight window) but cant duck the high, also thats was exactly my thoughts, 2 frame link into 2 frame link and then 214 midstage....cant get more impractical than that
When exactly can you back dash out of 214? Between the 1 and the 4? Also the 2 frame link of b12 after flame aura isn't very hard unless you play online. As for the time to delay 214 it feels like more than a 2 frame window. I was able to do it very consistently with minimal practice.

Honestly the failure rate in 21 flame aura d4 21 fbc 123 seems to be more common because it has to be done perfectly with what feel like tighter windows imo. Still usefull if it can be executed consistently.

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
As i said practicality is what we aim for, pointless 2 frame links are not practical, if you miss the 2 fr link you have to empty tp to make it safe, which can be punished for your life.
After the b12 tp you have to dash to get the 214, if you dash too fast flame aura wont hit within the 7 frames of laos reversal, if you dash too long they can then backdash the 2.
Lastly 214 is the worst string to use midstage( if you want i can make a video reply why)

JINAMOUNAINAI

Flame aura d3,123 works in the corner as well instead of d4, 21 fbc 123(that was a true blockstring setup not an armor breaking btw, it just so happens it times perfectly with one after the 123)

MAN0

DevilApes
One of my favourites on lao, heads up, on other characters ex. Sub zero if 21 is blocked crouched it messes up the frame + and flame aura will whiff
Thanks for the tip, haven't tried anything on crouchblocking opponents yet.

Btw this also works against scorpion's ex takedown, it won't let it low profile.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Says "video is too long" and "less is always more." Makes 25 paragraph post to explain such. Hmmph
Uh... My post was 3 small paragraphs long with two lists. If I were to condense it all into one paragraph it would be painful on the eyes, so its spread for reader convenience.
Is that the best gripe you could come up with?

Uh... My post was 3 small paragraphs long with two lists. If I were to condense it all into one paragraph it would be painful on the eyes, so its spread for reader convenience.
Is that the best gripe you could come up with?
Straight from the horses mouth, what can I say...

JINAMOUNAINAI

Thanks for the tip, haven't tried anything on crouchblocking opponents yet.

Btw this also works against scorpion's ex takedown, it won't let it low profile.
Scorp is also one of those that if blocked crouched gives different advantage than blocked standing, but in that case you get the true blockstring setup even with 214 so yea options are still there
Sure man, so far d3,123 is the easiest to do both midstage and corner, ill probably make a vid analyzing pros and cons for each setup and ppl can choose which ones they like

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You're drawing comparisons between tech and effects. You shouldn't.
I couldn't if I wanted to, since 80% of the video wasn't anything new tech wise, but 100% of the video was effects. And since its a video, and the effects have a direct impact on the viewing experience, yes I should.

I couldn't if I wanted to, since 80% of the video wasn't anything new tech wise, but 100% of the video was effects. And since its a video, and the effects have a direct impact on the viewing experience, yes I should.
You heard it NRS. Please remove particle effects as they're directly impacting the experience.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You heard it NRS. Please remove particle effects as they're directly impacting the experience.
Game =/= video, as you try harder to keep up in this you begin to lose more base from your argument.
If MKX was just a 5 minute video and the particle effects never left the screen for the entire time and negatively impacted the experience, then yeah.
Instead its a video game where particle effects disappear after being active for a short time, and enhance the experience.

It doesn't get any more different than the line between enhancement and detriment.

Game =/= video, as you try harder to keep up in this you begin to lose more base from your argument.
If MKX was just a 5 minute video and the particle effects never left the screen for the entire time and negatively impacted the experience, then yeah.
Instead its a video game where particle effects disappear after being active for a short time, and enhance the experience.

It doesn't get any more different than the line between enhancement and detriment.
I seem to recall many who actually liked it. Please insert coin to continue.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I seem to recall many who actually liked it. Please insert coin to continue.
"many" being... what, 4 people? I mean I guess that might be an intimidating number to you since you thought 3 short paragraphs was "25", but doesn't take away from the fact that posts mocking the video have gotten more likes than the video itself.
Soooo yeah, 4 likes vs 4 pages, its still not in your favor by any measure.

"many" being... what, 4 people? I mean I guess that might be an intimidating number to you since you thought 3 short paragraphs was "25", but doesn't take away from the fact that posts mocking the video have gotten more likes than the video itself.
Soooo yeah, 4 likes vs 4 pages, its still not in your favor by any measure.
Even if only 1 person liked it, it's a victory as it helped someone. I ask you film major, who've you helped today?

Truth be told I don't care about your response. We are done here.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Even if only 1 person liked it, it's a victory as it helped someone. I ask you film major, who've you helped today?

Truth be told I don't care about your response. We are done here.
... So wait, if one person liked it then that validates the idea that many people liked it, despite clear evidence to the contrary?
This isn't just about the video, I worry you may well be out of grasp with basic things like numbers, basic counting, stuff like that.
You began the thread as someone trying to be civil, but instead you attempted to call me out, which on its own is something people know better than to do.
You've walked a very dangerous ledge, if not for the fact that I frankly don't care about your opinion on account of it being so far off base that it warrants concern...
Well lets not get into it. You're done here because you've lost, which is fine. Its respectable to walk away, though to do it so bitterly smacks of delicious weakness. Be mindful where you go in the forums, monsters lurk and you'd make a tasty treat.

Scoot Magee

As i said practicality is what we aim for, pointless 2 frame links are not practical, if you miss the 2 fr link you have to empty tp to make it safe, which can be punished for your life.
After the b12 tp you have to dash to get the 214, if you dash too fast flame aura wont hit within the 7 frames of laos reversal, if you dash too long they can then backdash the 2.
Lastly 214 is the worst string to use midstage( if you want i can make a video reply why)
I disagree that 2 frame links are pointless. It's not hard to do consistently with practice and it's common in other fighting games. Also even if b12 does not connect there's some time to see it and just not cancel into the teleport. It can be tough but imo b12 is hit confirmable. Regardless, with practice the link isn't that hard.

As for 214 I'm going to mess around with it and see what escapes it. I know Scorpions takeout was randomly interrupting between the 1 and the 4 but it was very inconsistent. It may be range dependent like 114 is.

If you can post a vid on it that would be great as well.

Last edited:

JINAMOUNAINAI

Im curious, because so far you insist its a good setup, give me your comparison why i should choose the b12tp setup over d3,123?

JINAMOUNAINAI

My thoughts (consistency and competitiveness)
-b12 is a tight link, no point to lose all my offense for a 2fr link
-214 is scorpions worst midstage string, why? On hit the 4 leads to nothing in midstage(5% is enough dmg? Over a reset???) Why throw a string hoping that they will hold block all the way?
Alternative?
-d3( easiest link ever) then 123 fbc. why?
-123 fbc leads to full combo no matter when they get hit
-123 fbc grab will combo even on hit
123 xx exspear is 4 hit string that will combo if they try backdash or even jump after 123 (214 not really)
This is how i see it, if you think im missing something plz do tell

Scoot Magee

Im curious, because so far you insist its a good setup, give me your comparison why i should choose the b12tp setup over d3,123?
You're right, the d3 setup is better due to the reasons you stated. B12 is a riskier though slightly more damaging alternative in a best case scenario.

Scoot Magee

This is how i see it, if you think im missing something plz do tell
I never tried to claim that the b12 setup was better than the d3 123 setup. I've only been trying to make the case that the b12 setup does have practical use. I'll explain why.

The b12 setup adds a few % more damage which could be critical. It's a tight link but it's totally practical with practice. In a situation where you really need the damage you can go for it.

As for 214. 214 does slightly more chip than 123, if you add that to the extra damage from using b12 it starts to add up, it also leaves you at +8 just like 123 does.

If somebody desides to eat the last hit of 214 you can get a free ex hellfire (not against characters that can punish from full screen with a wake up attack) for an extra 9% on tip of the 6.5% from the blocked 21 and hit 4. It also sends them to the corner which is a good thing imo. Honestly I think most players will opt out of eating the 4 when they realize this.

I know 123 is a more versatile string on hit. I wouldn't let go and I would respect the fbc because I know I can't armor. I would respect 214 the same way.

D3 123 is my go to setup thanks to you. I never said it was bad. I apologize if I gave you that impression. I just think that in a situation where you need more damage the b12 setup is a totally viable option.

JINAMOUNAINAI

214 can be quick rolled so no guaranteed hellfire -_- ,and its not just about opting to get hit by the 4, people get hit by the 4 by mistake when they think you will cancel 21 into fb and still you will end up losing your offense, no corner carry either since your combo started from the other side(unless you used ex tp in the combo) :p
Ps. Extra damage is all together <3%. Which if needed you could have ended with d2 after flame aura and then guaranteed hellfire for the kill