What's new

Tech - Hellfire My name is Scorpion, and I don't care about your Armor.

My thoughts (consistency and competitiveness)
-b12 is a tight link, no point to lose all my offense for a 2fr link
-214 is scorpions worst midstage string, why? On hit the 4 leads to nothing in midstage(5% is enough dmg? Over a reset???) Why throw a string hoping that they will hold block all the way?
Alternative?
-d3( easiest link ever) then 123 fbc. why?
-123 fbc leads to full combo no matter when they get hit
-123 fbc grab will combo even on hit
123 xx exspear is 4 hit string that will combo if they try backdash or even jump after 123 (214 not really)
The 3 in 123 kinda misses sometimes on certain characters hit boxes...

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
IMO Scorpions F4 is just 1 big gimmick since it's ridiculously slow. Back1,2 xx Flame Aura xx Back 1,2 gives you the same result's. Scorpion's back 1,2,1 is his best string both are mid hits and leaves you -1 on block and if you just do Back 1,2 on block twice the pushback / stagger can make it seem + since if opponents don't D1 or D3 and they will most likely get hit by it even though it's -4. I mostly get Scorpions damage from catching people on the B3 Low cancel or B12... F4 only Flys if the guy has no reactions... heck I even think landing F3 on hit canceling it for 38% damage is more usefull then going for F4. But regardless B12 after FA works on armor break for any type of setup
Yeah but I'm not talking about landing a raw f4. F4xx flame is primarily used toward the end of his bnb combos and leads directly to the setup.

Also I agree about b12. I've been using it forever and it's really good. B121 also grants a free ex hellfire.

Last edited:
That's because this "tech" is really bad and there is no reason for Scorpions to be using it
I hope you're trolling. How is it bad? I guess you'll enjoy your armor being broken over and over if you try something stupid during his fireball cancels, or instead taking chip damage or a grab. Or maybe you're one of those people who still try to poke out of his cancels.... Lmfao.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
This thread was the best thing I saw exactly 1 year ago when I traveled from the past to this day in the future, although now it is the present.

FYI; Might want to adjust the tracking on your VHS player if you ever travel back to the past.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I hope you're trolling. How is it bad? I guess you'll enjoy your armor being broken over and over if you try something stupid during his fireball cancels, or instead taking chip damage or a grab. Or maybe you're one of those people who still try to poke out of his cancels.... Lmfao.
No, I'm one of those people who play Hellfire, and dropping 15-20% off a BnB isn't worth the breaking armour only if they CHOOSE to armor, especially since there is absolutely no reason to drop the damage other than armour breaking so it's highly telegraphed

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
The 3 in 123 kinda misses sometimes on certain characters hit boxes...
F4xxflame aura to d3 leaves you at range 0, 123 will connect on every single character from there, and the fact that people use a certain string doesnt make it good :p

Last edited:

JINAMOUNAINAI

No, I'm one of those people who play Hellfire, and dropping 15-20% off a BnB isn't worth the breaking armour only if they CHOOSE to armor, especially since there is absolutely no reason to drop the damage other than armour breaking so it's highly telegraphed
Well if you are judging setups im with you, but the tech in general has very legit applications

Well if you are judging setups im with you, but the tech in general has very legit applications
Are yall smoking something tonight? How does my video @JINAMOUNAINAI tech sacrifice damage? You can break armor with this Tech off of ANY of scorpions BnBs... as @Scoot Magee said.. what is @God Confirm talking about? You clearly don't play hellfire. He losing no damage for the armor breaking setup. As long as your Flame Aura is at the end of your combo you can break the person armor with the FBC or grab or go for chip ending in a safe block string. It's just that simple, what's the confusion?

JINAMOUNAINAI

We were talking about the f4 xx flame aura combos ending on knockdown instead of restand, which btw is TECHABLE, i analyzed that over a month ago on the thread you should have watched before posting this. As for the b12 tp setup i already shared my thoughts before, inferior to d3, 123

Scoot Magee

It's pretty well known that the restand combos are the best option. Ending a combo with f4xx aura b12xx teleport 214 fbc into whatever seems to be legit, I was doing it consistently vs Kung Lao's hat spin and it doesn't sacrifice damage at all. It eliminates most armor options after 214 fbc which is useful imo.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Are yall smoking something tonight? How does my video @JINAMOUNAINAI tech sacrifice damage? You can break armor with this Tech off of ANY of scorpions BnBs... as @Scoot Magee said.. what is @God Confirm talking about? You clearly don't play hellfire. He losing no damage for the armor breaking setup. As long as your Flame Aura is at the end of your combo you can break the person armor with the FBC or grab or go for chip ending in a safe block string. It's just that simple, what's the confusion?
Maybe I'm missing something then, what is the combo ender that doesn't sac damage and what follow up to it breaks armor ? Maybe I just missed the tech in which case I apologise

Xzyj

Noob
So i recreated the situation for b12-tele armor break, apparently for proper armor break you have to delay your 214 after tele as much as you can (somewhere about 7 frames would be perfect), so in other words you suggesting doing 2 frame link after FA, into another 1-2 frame link after tele (so they can't lowpoke you out of your 214 if you're too late, or can't armor if you're too fast)

But i also noticed 1 interesting thing while testing, in one scenario i was able to backdash after b12 tele, but was not able to poke out or armor (is this because backdash doesn't require you to use your "release block frames" or something like that?) Well anyway you can see it in the video.

As for the armor break i think i'll pass on 2 frame link into another 2 frame link for now, d3 123 seems like a better option, at least for online.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
Wish we can go back time.
To the invincible days.
where a wakeup stuff
pressures and oki
But now we're stressed out.

1) You care enough to personalize me a response, which is appreciated but unnecessary.
2) If your friend made it, then he should be the one posting it.
3) If you didn't want people coming in here and pointing out the obvious (music/video quality, the existence of no fewer than 3 other threads, etc), you should do your due diligence.

If you really didn't care, you wouldn't be bothered by criticisms. I can understand being defensive of your friend, which is fine. Friendship is good to have.
But its equally as noble to admit you were wrong, that you made the mistake of posting already-existent information and not make a mod clean up your messes.
If people are pointing out "this is the same, that is the same" take note, provide it to the content creator, and work to make a more specific and informative piece.
There are three issues with this video and topic, all of which could be addressed and would provide much better results.

First is the music quality. Get something more appropriated to the topic at hand, or rather to say, literally anything else than what you have.
Second, a lot of the information in it IS redundant. There are some good things in here that could function as a stand-alone, 1 minute and 30 second video. b.12 as an alternative could be its own video, and it wouldn't take more than 20 seconds to showcase.
Third, I'll make the assumption that @XZXGLAXZX is the original creator since he is referring to himself as such? He has a forum name. Why is he not the one posting it? Credits where its due and all. Also, make note that my issues come with giving you credit for posting something that is 75% other people's work (to the creator specifically) and 25% something decent. If the video was a minute long, not recorded on a potato, and only featured new and relevant information, then yeah I'd probably be less abrasive with my opinion.

EXAMPLE VIDEO:
Look at the usual thing (10 seconds, not counting a short intro)
Now consider this (5 seconds, showing the new variation)
Here is a brief explanation of advantages (20 seconds, maybe if you are long winded)
Here is something else (probably restands, so another 10 seconds)
Here is why I think this is worth considering (Shouldn't take more than 10 to 15 seconds)

At most (not counting a short intro/outro) this video could've taken exactly 1 minute to make. The tech would be clear and not have a lot of unnecessary fluff. The information would be only relevant and pertinent information, and could be open to criticisms like "What about 2 or more hits of armor? How does it work against things like MB teleport which have invulnerability? so on, so forth".

The topic instantly becomes less "The first 3 minutes are whats been made 3 topics over" and more focused on the real juice and meat of it, the actual content he wanted to present.

Whats more, this helps define the topic as less of a "I'll break your armor huehuehue" and a "this is how we can improve on already useful tech". It becomes less about the properties of the tech and more about the tech itself. It lets people build upon a very specific improvement, rather than slogging through 5 minutes to find one thing they could use.

When you narrow your tech down to only whats necessary, it looks more professional. More informative. More credible and reliable, and it provides the forum with a means to accurately work with and through any of the issues.
Says "video is too long" and "less is always more." Makes 25 paragraph post to explain such. Hmmph

Notez4

Noob
sounds like you really knew nothing about this tech or character. not a good way to start a post brother.

Scoot Magee

So i recreated the situation for b12-tele armor break, apparently for proper armor break you have to delay your 214 after tele as much as you can (somewhere about 7 frames would be perfect), so in other words you suggesting doing 2 frame link after FA, into another 1-2 frame link after tele (so they can't lowpoke you out of your 214 if you're too late, or can't armor if you're too fast)

But i also noticed 1 interesting thing while testing, in one scenario i was able to backdash after b12 tele, but was not able to poke out or armor (is this because backdash doesn't require you to use your "release block frames" or something like that?) Well anyway you can see it in the video.

As for the armor break i think i'll pass on 2 frame link into another 2 frame link for now, d3 123 seems like a better option, at least for online.
You do have to slightly delay 214 but there's a large enough window to do it consistently. Its really not hard to get the timing down and in my opinion is worth the practice.

I just want to add a note on any setup that knocks down instead of re standing. you really don't have to make a hard read like everybody claims. Scorpions b121 and b32f2 are long enough to force the player to block when waking up even if they delayed there wake up for the longest time possible are long enough to force the player to block when waking up even if they delayed there wake up for the longest time possible. I know it doesn't grant the most optimum results but it's not like you're going to get punished for going for it.I believe if you delay b12 enough it will beat any wake up and the 2 will hit in the final frames but I need to thoroughly test it. This would allow you to stagger the string or finish it. The great thing about that string is that the last hit grants a free enhanced Hellfire.

JINAMOUNAINAI

Backdash when staggered comes out even before ducking, for example you can backdash that 214 after tp(if done after the tight window) but cant duck the high, also thats was exactly my thoughts, 2 frame link into 2 frame link and then 214 midstage....cant get more impractical than that

JINAMOUNAINAI

A nice corner loop against armor and you can mix it up with 214 or 21xxEx spear to condition them from trying to poke out.

You have to delay the 21 some frames after d4 in order to work.

One of my favourites on lao, heads up, on other characters ex. Sub zero if 21 is blocked crouched it messes up the frame + and flame aura will whiff