What's new

My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic exists no more

The people who made My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic got a cease & desist letter from Hasbro, the makers of My Little Pony.

Hello, everyone.

We have what for most will be bad news, for us are terrible news, and for a selected few might actually be good news.

We have received a C&D letter from Hasbro's Legal representatives, asking us to cease game development, remove any materials that might contain My Little Pony characters, names, locations or related elements from the sites we control (Our site, our youtube, our twitch), and "cease any further use of [their] MY LITTLE PONY property".

Options have been considered, lawyers have been contacted, and resources have been (mostly) exhausted.

We have attempted negotiating with Hasbro for the continued use of the property in our non-profit, voluntary project, but so far we haven't received an answer. As such, we're complying with the contents of the C&D letter until we receive answer from their PR and/or Legal departments.

We also want to inform the general public of the final and irrevocable resignation of James Workman (Elosande) from the Mane6 DevTeam, effective February 6, 2013, as well as reminding of the final and irrevocable resignation of Prominence, effective January 30, 2012. The Mane6 DevTeam no longer represents their interest, nor do they represent ours.

We'll keep everyone posted as the situation evolves, but be aware we might not be able to respond to comments and questions due to the delicate nature of the situation.
Thanks for following our project so far.

http://www.mane6.com/2013/02/not-all-wonder-is-endless.html
On the bright side, Tesco have a new range of economy burgers starting next week...

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
UNless either side stand to profit from this game being made, Hasbro really cannot do anything but send a nast gram

Gruff757

The Gruff
The people who made My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic got a cease & desist letter from Hasbro, the makers of My Little Pony.

So don't bother voting for them to be at Evo.

On the bright side, Tesco have a new range of economy burgers starting next week...
thats done, melee got the spot

Lauren Faust (creator of the MLP tv show not the brand) is offering help to mane6 to create original characters. She is basically considered a goddess by a sizable community in terms of creative talent.

Some arguments that could be made for this is that the game depicted Hasbro's characters doing things they would never do in the actual show.

Another possible reason is that Hasbro's lawyers never got wind of this, till now; I think that sounds reasonable........those fuckers.

The mind boggles how grown men can like that crap.
Ewww, how can you like a game where ninjas and vicious creatures kill and dismember each other, and even rip hearts out?!

As hard as it may be to believe, people don't always have to follow the social stereotypes that many are so inclined to push! Maybe they found something of a certain quality and humor that appeals to them? No seriously; there is ever so slight a touch of adult humor in MLP:FiM (the TV show).

To understand why and get past the mind-boggling, you have to look past the exterior; i.e. Don't judge it by how it appears from the outside.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
From World Tekken Federation Forums:
Moose said:
MLP gets a C&D :p
No offense to the developers, but I'm glad Hasbro put a Cease & Desist on My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic. I understand it was a big project, but it was a joke. An insult to the FGC. I'd rather have Ed Edd & Eddy: Fighting for quarters. >.>

Anywho, does anyone else have feelings about this?
^ This, This is why I no longer have faith in public schools. I honestly could give 2 shits about MLP, but I hate to see the world with less fighting games in it. But you've got ignorant fucks like this who like to see something go because it looks "girly"? I'm quite honestly more insulted to have dumb people like this in my extended community. If you're insulted by pastel ponies, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Flagg

Noob
Ewww, how can you like a game where ninjas and vicious creatures kill and dismember each other, and even rip hearts out?!

As hard as it may be to believe, people don't always have to follow the social stereotypes that many are so inclined to push! Maybe they found something of a certain quality and humor that appeals to them? No seriously; there is ever so slight a touch of adult humor in MLP:FiM (the TV show).

To understand why and get past the mind-boggling, you have to look past the exterior; i.e. Don't judge it by how it appears from the outside.
I like those things in MK because I am a man and I have a pair of balls. Men are primates running on testosterone that crave adrenaline rushes and combat. It's why SPORT is good, its why the GYM is good. It why watching full contact sport is good. It's why extreme sports is good. We dont live in a age now where you walk into a collaseum to do battle with tigers or gladiators but we can do the next best thing in todays society. Stuff that taxes the body and brings peace to the mind.

I've resigned myself to the fact that there is a generation of men coming up that are frankly, metrosexual pussies but to say such things is to not be accepting or PC now a days.

When the Hell did men stop being men?

I like those things in MK because I am a man and I have a pair of balls. Men are primates running on testosterone that crave adrenaline rushes and combat. It's why SPORT is good, its why the GYM is good. It why watching full contact sport is good. It's why extreme sports is good. We dont live in a age now where you walk into a collaseum to do battle with tigers or gladiators but we can do the next best thing in todays society. Stuff that taxes the body and brings peace to the mind.

I've resigned myself to the fact that there is a generation of men coming up that are frankly, metrosexual pussies but to say such things is to not be accepting or PC now a days.

When the Hell did men stop being men?
Someone must have not studied psychology.

People can like anything they wish to like. Stop following the crowd and doing things that only a "man" can do.
Nobody is hating on you for liking sports and going to the gym.

Gender Roles are so primitive today in America.
I'm a gay man, and I HATE my little pony.

You're a man, so you shouldn't even be playing video games and roaming sites for video games much less.
Go to work, raise a family, mow the lawn, and go watch football.
Real men don't have time for "Activities for kids".

Your mentality is utter bullshit.

What's wrong with being metro-sexual or homosexual for that matter?
For you, contact sport is good to bring peace to the mind.
For me, it's Yoga.

Lighten up, and accept that not everyone is the same.
Not everyone follows the norm and acts as society deems them to.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I don't really like MLP but I always really hate seeing anything go wrong when someone has put so much hard work into something.

Hopefully they pull through somehow.

Flagg

Noob
Someone must have not studied psychology.

People can like anything they wish to like. Stop following the crowd and doing things that only a "man" can do.
Nobody is hating on you for liking sports and going to the gym.

Gender Roles are so primitive today in America.
I'm a gay man, and I HATE my little pony.

You're a man, so you shouldn't even be playing video games and roaming sites for video games much less.
Go to work, raise a family, mow the lawn, and go watch football.
Real men don't have time for "Activities for kids".

Your mentality is utter bullshit.

What's wrong with being metro-sexual or homosexual for that matter?
For you, contact sport is good to bring peace to the mind.
For me, it's Yoga.

Lighten up, and accept that not everyone is the same.
Not everyone follows the norm and acts as society deems them to.
You weren't kidding.

I have a degree in Environmental Science, not Psychology.

MK is the only video game I play and I probably play it around 3 times a week at most. I already work, and while I work I am trying to break into ecological/environmental consultancy. I am also about to book a holiday in Bali for me and my ex girfriend as ive been saving and im generally good with my money, considering the current low paid crap im already doing. I am also looking into emigrating to Australia, so I have my goals well and truly in place.

I dont care what sexual orientation you are, men should still act like men. Watching a show that is for children or women is fucking weird and 'bronies' are equally as weird in their obsession.

You go on about social acceptance, well it seems acting like a man is not socially acceptable in the 21st century so right back at you.

Back to Swizzers stream now.

Goldi

Noob
If the ponies were racing or something that might be different. But the target demographic that has kept these things around since the 80s has always been the parents of small children. If they see those things attacking each other the plastic toys, happy meals, sweaters, backpacks, watches, school supplies, sleeping bags, stickers, and anything else you can draw pony on merchandise is in jeopardy.

You weren't kidding.

I have a degree in Environmental Science, not Psychology.

MK is the only video game I play and I probably play it around 3 times a week at most. I already work, and while I work I am trying to break into ecological/environmental consultancy. I am also about to book a holiday in Bali for me and my ex girfriend as ive been saving and im generally good with my money, considering the current low paid crap im already doing. I am also looking into emigrating to Australia, so I have my goals well and truly in place.

I dont care what sexual orientation you are, men should still act like men. Watching a show that is for children or women is fucking weird and 'bronies' are equally as weird in their obsession.

You go on about social acceptance, well it seems acting like a man is not socially acceptable in the 21st century so right back at you.

Back to Swizzers stream now.
I accept men for however they may come - masculine, feminine, both, metro, homo, hetero, bi,

So however you come across and act, I accept.
A cartoon show, clothes, sports, doesn't make a man a man.
It's the qualities of integrity, respect, etc, that do in my opinion.

And I agree, some parts of society bash on men for being too masculine, and I LOL at the hypocracy that sends off.

Glass Sword

Nobody
It is very disappointing that this game was stopped I had very high hopes it. I would of played if it would have gone anywhere is up for debate. The staff for Fighting is Magic really put their hearts and souls into making it and it showed.
For any of you that are happy it got shot down well I hope you don't care when some one cheers when you fail. What your doing is being unreasonably hurtful toward a group of people who were simply pursuing what they loved.

Im not trying to offend bronies or anything, but isnt it a bit awkward when the majority of your fanbase is prepubescent girls? I can definetely see why the company who owns MLP would not want a fighting game considering who their product is marketed for either.