What's new

My Injustice predictions a year from now

REO

Undead
Here's my reasoning behind characters predictions for Day 1 patch:

DoomsDay:
DoomsDay had a hard life way back even though just about everyone and their mother ranted about him being a TOP THREE CHARACTER at worst. He had to deal with pre-pre-patch Aquaman, pre-pre-patch Killer Frost, pre-pre-patch Batman, pre-pre-patch Superman, pre-pre-patch Cyborg, pre-pre-patch Black Adam, etc. Those matches were all arguably 3-7 or worse (Cyborg was actually 9-1). If the game was never patched, he would have declined heavily from the "number one, two or three" tier standard players held him up to back then in today's world.

Bane:
Bane was seen as arguably the worst character in the game around this time, and manybelieved he was a bottom three character. I was one of the very few to speak upon Bane and mention his potential. Too bad it wasn't realized in time before a plethora of buffs got thrown in his way. He needed a few of the buffs, not ALL.

Sinestro:
During this time of Injustice Sinestro was seen as low tier and uttered "unviable" by some. But many didn't realize just how ridiculous he was. His vortex, push block into trait, and other strategies weren't discovered yet. Sinestro was definitely a hidden high tier.

Superman:
Superman was a monster like no other back then. He had 100% corner combos that were very practical, his f+2 range outfootsied every character in the game by a mile, his zoning was powerful, his breath was +1 on block, he had the best corner game in the game, and he also had the best super in the game which did 38% raw back then and started up at 2 frames. Factor in all of today's new discovered tech and it would have put Superman in a pedestal above the others.

Cyborg:
Many players didn't understand how much of a problem Cyborg really was at this time. Cyborg was a wall of defeat for many characters. Cyborg could iAFB block infinite more than half of the cast in the most hated way possible - The form of Kabal gas blasting. I think the nine character that could duck under Cyborg's perfect iAFBs were Killer Frost, Aquaman, Superman, Catwoman, Ares, The Flash, Raven, Solomon Grundy, and The Joker. And even then, some still lost to him.

Nightwing:
Nightwing who in a similar fashion to Sinestro, had his fair share of difficult matches but it didn't stop him from being one of the better characters. The gem about Nightwing back then was he could fight most of the cast. I believe it was the combination of NW losing his OTG and retaining most "old losing match ups" while given numerous new bad matches through the case of DLC is probably why players see him weaker now as opposed to back then.

Green Lantern:
Green Lantern was a force to be reckoned with back then. He had huge damaging OTGS. He fought well against a lot of characters but was only shut down by a few. The bane soon to become Green Lantern's existance was the mere muttering of the three letter word -"DLC".

Flash
There was once a time where Flash was seen as a low tier character. As hard as that may be to believe, back then around this time is when that notion existed. Sure Flash didn't have the forward dash he has now, or the MB torpedo on block. But Flash did more damage back then than he did now. Flash was taking almost 2/3rds of your life bar when he would catch you. He could also OTG you to prevent wake-ups. On top of all of that, factor in many of the new strategies and discoveries we have today that would have clearly debunked Flash as a "low tier" character back then.

@, R.E.O. what about Ares? No mention of him...
I tried to focus more on the characters that caused some controversy back then. Sucks that I forgot about this thread after a week when I made it. lol

FGC-Oni

Ascended One
So basically they're already as they are?

Good Flash players are already a pain in the ass to play against, they know how to blow up a keep away game and then go ham once they score a knockdown.

Hawkgirl, as a Lobo player I still loathe this MU

Catwoman, not to many good players but the ones I've ran into online were hard AF to play against

GL, don't even get me started.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Here's my reasoning behind characters predictions for Day 1 patch:

DoomsDay:
DoomsDay had a hard life way back even though just about everyone and their mother ranted about him being a TOP THREE CHARACTER at worst. He had to deal with pre-pre-patch Aquaman, pre-pre-patch Killer Frost, pre-pre-patch Batman, pre-pre-patch Superman, pre-pre-patch Cyborg, pre-pre-patch Black Adam, etc. Those matches were all arguably 3-7 or worse (Cyborg was actually 9-1). If the game was never patched, he would have declined heavily from the "number one, two or three" tier standard players held him up to back then in today's world.

Bane:
Bane was seen as arguably the worst character in the game around this time, and manybelieved he was a bottom three character. I was one of the very few to speak upon Bane and mention his potential. Too bad it wasn't realized in time before a plethora of buffs got thrown in his way. He needed a few of the buffs, not ALL.

Sinestro:
During this time of Injustice Sinestro was seen as low tier and uttered "unviable" by some. But many didn't realize just how ridiculous he was. His vortex, push block into trait, and other strategies weren't discovered yet. Sinestro was definitely a hidden high tier.

Superman:
Superman was a monster like no other back then. He had 100% corner combos that were very practical, his f+2 range outfootsied every character in the game by a mile, his zoning was powerful, his breath was +1 on block, he had the best corner game in the game, and he also had the best super in the game which did 38% raw back then and started up at 2 frames. Factor in all of today's new discovered tech and it would have put Superman in a pedestal above the others.

Cyborg:
Many players didn't understand how much of a problem Cyborg really was at this time. Cyborg was a wall of defeat for many characters. Cyborg could iAFB block infinite more than half of the cast in the most hated way possible - The form of Kabal gas blasting. I think the nine character that could duck under Cyborg's perfect iAFBs were Killer Frost, Aquaman, Superman, Catwoman, Ares, The Flash, Raven, Solomon Grundy, and The Joker. And even then, some still lost to him.

Nightwing:
Nightwing who in a similar fashion to Sinestro, had his fair share of difficult matches but it didn't stop him from being one of the better characters. The gem about Nightwing back then was he could fight most of the cast. I believe it was the combination of NW losing his OTG and retaining most "old losing match ups" while given numerous new bad matches through the case of DLC is probably why players see him weaker now as opposed to back then.

Green Lantern:
Green Lantern was a force to be reckoned with back then. He had huge damaging OTGS. He fought well against a lot of characters but was only shut down by a few. The bane soon to become Green Lantern's existance was the mere muttering of the three letter word -"DLC".

Flash
There was once a time where Flash was seen as a low tier character. As hard as that may be to believe, back then around this time is when that notion existed. Sure Flash didn't have the forward dash he has now, or the MB torpedo on block. But Flash did more damage back then than he did now. Flash was taking almost 2/3rds of your life bar when he would catch you. He could also OTG you to prevent wake-ups. On top of all of that, factor in many of the new strategies and discoveries we have today that would have clearly debunked Flash as a "low tier" character back then.

I tried to focus more on the characters that caused some controversy back then. Sucks that I forgot about this thread after a week when I made it. lol

What did NW have an otg off of?

REO

Undead
What did NW have an otg off of?
Nightwing had OTGS after his sweeps, flip kick, and also had an OTG that was best abusable in the corner by using regular staff spin on hit. Meaty Staff spins, grabs, and b+2 worked best here because it was easy to hit your opponent before they could wake-up. You could also use meaty d+1s to prevent wake-ups but the timing was a lot more strict. His staff d+1 used to have double the advantage back then, too. (+6). It was pretty ludicrous to be knocked down down by Nightwing and literally have no options but to survive a constant onslaught of pressure that reignited itself on knockdown. Not many characters could abuse OTGS like him. I was actually giving thought into making Nightwing my secondary character. I just lost a lot of interest in him after the patch came out and he lost all of his OTGs. It's not very settling when you work hard compiling dirt on top of dirt and then seeing it vanish within a blink of an eye.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Nightwing had OTGS after his sweeps, flip kick, and also had an OTG that was best abusable in the corner by using regular staff spin on hit. Meaty Staff spins, grabs, and b+2 worked best here because it was easy to hit your opponent before they could wake-up. You could also use meaty d+1s to prevent wake-ups but the timing was a lot more strict. His staff d+1 used to have double the advantage back then, too. (+6). It was pretty ludicrous to be knocked down down by Nightwing and literally have no options but to survive a constant onslaught of pressure that reignited itself on knockdown. Not many characters could abuse OTGS like him. I was actually giving thought into making Nightwing my secondary character. I just lost a lot of interest in him after the patch came out and he lost all of his OTGs. It's not very settling when you work hard compiling dirt on top of dirt and then seeing it vanish within a blink of an eye.
I had no idea he had an OTG prepatch.

But yeah, I can see why you would feel he'd be a hidden top tier. +6 D1 and OTGs? Wow. Too bad he still had issues and bugs back then otherwise NW would've been chilling with the big dogs in top 10.

Couldn't agree more on this one.

But I thought Nightwing was already considered high tier by most.

Bane I don't know. We'll have to wait and see but I hope he gets better rep.

My prediction is that all the Ares/Shazam downplayers will feel really silly in 1 year.
People say Nightwing is m
Couldn't agree more on this one.

But I thought Nightwing was already considered high tier by most.

Bane I don't know. We'll have to wait and see but I hope he gets better rep.

My prediction is that all the Ares/Shazam downplayers will feel really silly in 1 year.
When I ask ppl they say mid tier at best but I feel he's mid-high tier. If not high-low tier

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I had no idea he had an OTG prepatch.

But yeah, I can see why you would feel he'd be a hidden top tier. +6 D1 and OTGs? Wow. Too bad he still had issues and bugs back then otherwise NW would've been chilling with the big dogs in top 10.
Not just Nightwing, but EVERYBODY did when wakeups were bugged.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
These are my predictions for characters a year from now. Please keep in mind I am basing this off characters remaining relatively the same throughout the span of time.

- DoomsDay
He will get worse as time goes on. Right now his dominance is mostly all gimmicks (even I still fall for them and am not used to shutting them down, yet) that are not truly effective against players who will have a ton of experience under their belt. I predict a year from now DoomsDay will become the Nightwolf of the game and move down to low-mid. He will be hot for the first few months, but he will steadily decline. I feel bad for all you DoomsDay players who aren't rioting for buffs to get them while you can. His splash is something he really needed. I don't care if it had a phantom hitbox on it, some other moves in the game have the same thing yet they're still in.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Reo is on point now, and even on point last year.
Damn.
Hawkgirl's description fits Cyborg well, too, if you make the heaven to hell ratio about 85:15.