What's new

My Injustice predictions a year from now

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I said Catwoman was better then Killer Frost to begin with and everyone denied it. Being fairly serious I'm probably within the Top 5 people in terms of knowledge of Injustice outside of people who actually worked on the game or has anything I've said on here ever been wrong...

REO

Undead
Haha -- 1 year predictions are hard to make, man. Mostly because a lot of these things were changed by patches and hotfixes, rather than just the metagame.
Yeah, I know. That's why I mentioned in the beginning that these are my predictions if everyone stays pretty much the same. :p What if the game never really changed much, though?

@Vagrant, I'm gonna be doing a write up later on why I felt how I did with each character prediction.

you are highly forunate they buffed the living shit out of bane and flash, they would be garbo without their buffs

Though i must say i felt the same way about flash and doomsday and superman, i told my roomate "superman was kabal" and i told him not to play bane becaus ebane sucked. Then i thought black adam was the best... later

truth be told the dlc killed these guys, and prepatch batman and aqua were both a little ridiculous too, when you think about the lack of anti-airs but aqua having it and all of his mixups and a better trait, and batmans trait always being out...

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Prepatch batman and aqua were both a little ridiculous too, when you think about the lack of anti-airs but aqua having it and all of his mixups and a better trait, and batmans trait always being out...
Can we talk about prepatch B23?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
These were pretty good actually. A few of them were dead on(Hawkgirl, Flash, Bane) and a some that are off are mostly because of patches(Superman, Cyborg)

The only one that's completely off base right now is Nightwing
Yeah, prepatch flash and bane were huge threats...

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Is there an easier matchup for cyborg than nightwing? I dont even play cyborg and i use him against that character.
These predictions were almost 100% right...reo is smart as hell

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I'm curious why he still thinks Superman is #1. Sure he is still the "corner king" but his midscreen game is lacking..

4x4lo8o

Noob
Those are both characters that got significantly better outside of the buffs they received. It's hard to know how they good they would have been exactly, but they got patched in the direction he predicted so he ends up looking good. Either way, he had the right idea. At the time this thread was made people were saying those characters were terrible, but by our current understanding of the meta probably weren't actually that bad

Flash in particular didn't get that much from patches. He actually got nerfed in 1.06 and the half the buffs he got were frame data corrections.

Last edited:

Justice

Noob
You have to admit though that both Flash and Bane are being played very differently today than they were a year ago. I don't know much about Flash, but I do know that Bane's Venom use has changed drastically. In the beginning people were too afraid of the cooldown to risk spamming it like they do now. Now that Bane players are less afraid of trait cooldown due to the player's ability to keep momentum going during cooldown or knowledge of the damage they can do to make up for whatever happens during cooldown, now we are really seeing what the character was always capable of.

The only Bane buff I'm on the fence about is the removal of the ability to Evade his Dash. I mean, it fits his character but from a gameplay perspective man is that shit annoying :p

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Let's see what happened in the last year...

Doomsday: Still placing. Hold that Doomsday trolls.

Bane: The sleeping monster has awakened.

Sinestro: Despite me saying that he's a bill, he's pretty damn good still.

Flash: Got the buffs he didn't deserve, IMO still outclassed by Wonder Woman in terms of safety.

Superman: Thank Zod he got nerfed, otherwise he would still be a huge problem. His corner game is still deadly.

Cyborg: Overrated. Has good matchups and absolutely terrible matchups outside of that. Nothing in between.

Nightwing: Overhyped. A bill.

Catwoman: Still annoying to fight despite 16 bit's downplaying. A permanent sex slave to Bane though...

Green Lantern: Not as good as we thought, but still a solid character overall.

Hawkgirl: Spot on...spot on.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Those are both characters that got significantly better even outside of the buffs they recieved. It's hard to know how they good they would have been exactly, but they got patched in the direction he predicted so he ends up looking good. Either way, he had the right idea. At the time this thread was made people were saying those characters were terrible.

Flash in particular didn't get that much from patches. He actually got nerfed in 1.06 and in the version of the game that existed when Reo posted this half the reason people thought he was wrong was because they were going off incorrect frame data
Bane and Flash would get in a LOT harder if Flash in particular has trouble getting in, even with his current dash. The "meta" at the time was about interactibles and would have continued, had they not been nerfed. Flash had no way to stop you from holding back to walk away from him, Bane had no dash, original and failed venom design as well as less venom duration, more debuff, no MBable DP and punishable by some DP (IIRC).

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You have to admit though that both Flash and Bane are being played very differently today than they were a year ago. I don't know much about Flash, but I do know that Bane's Venom use has changed drastically. In the beginning people were too afraid of the cooldown to risk spamming it like they do now. Now that Bane players are less afraid of trait cooldown due to the player's ability to keep momentum going during cooldown or knowledge of the damage they can do to make up for whatever happens during cooldown, now we are really seeing what the character was always capable of.

The only Bane buff I'm on the fence about is the removal of the ability to Evade his Dash. I mean, it fits his character but from a gameplay perspective man is that shit annoying :p
That's because he gets in easier, is actually able to use it and the duration was buffed.

He wasn't capable of what he is now back then, it's exactly the buffs that allow him to do what he does. You can't say Version X could do whatever the Version Y can when it's a completely different char design in the end.

U mean sinestro players rely on gimmicks or he isn't as prevalent Bc of other characters gimmicks?

Wound and I are the only real sinestros with hysteria close behind. He is improving but needs to learn to play the player not the character.

I consider sinestro to 10 and top 3 with trait.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
What about DS? Even without getting Kanofied I feel like he'd at least be Noob Saibot. He's a good all-around character. No nerfs, could buff but nah. Although I can smell new tech months from now since his meta game so far is pretty scrubby. So who knows?

See? I can write a semi wall of text from my phone too. Bitch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh my. What a mouth I had a year ago BUT I WAS DAMN RIGHT

No Tapatalk but still mobile lololo

Last edited: