What's new

My Impressions of MLG Dallas

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Starcraft is way more than visual chess. It's made competitive for the same reason that fighters are: outplaying your opponent or finding some cheap trick to bring you back into the game. And of course the mind games that come with facing different players. Although not to delve into that much further, high level matches of sc2 are enjoyable as long as one of the players is terran. You know the whiny bitch who always complains for buffs or nerfs? I'm that guy with starcraft 2. lol

Anyway, on topic: I told my friend to keep tabs on the finals for mk because I couldn't watch the stream last weekend due to work. He only plays starcraft and had the rank and record to prove it. So anyway, he's watching mk..and he keeps calling Pig of the Hut "Pigga the hut"...."Looks like Pigga just won this match"...I didn't correct him because 1) I corrected him LAST time I told him to keep tabs on a stream and 2.) at this point its funny. So I don't know what match it was, but he said he was really getting into watching high level mk. He saw Pig win a match and then "proceed to celebrate like he just won the entire tournament". Now knowing Pig, just reading that was hilarious because you can just picture the pop off in your head. I'm waiting to find footage of it. lol

Here's mine:

1. This tournament straight up kicked ass. So much hype. The best I've ever been to.
2. Never again will I attempt to live off of chocolate covered pretzels and dr. pepper for 2 days straight.
3. CD jr your Lao is insane dude, you absolutely beat my poor Mileena into the ground that last game lol
4. BTK HY3NA 7 throws man. 7 fucking throws. Hahaha glad I got to play you, your Kenshi is sick!
5. Astronaut (I think that was your name) your Shang is brutal dude, glad I got to play you. sorry for the babies haha
6. LumberZach (think that was your name) your Cyrax kicked my ass badly haha. Wish we coulda got more games in!
7. Never again will I not play MK for over 2 months before a tournament lol
8. Fuck driving in Dallas, holy shit. That was chaos!
9. Shoutouts to everyone I got to talk to/chill with/fight, Jer, Grolarbears, Hy3na, Astronaut, All the Houston guys, Pig Of The Hut, Pro (think that was your name), CDjr, WoundCowboy, Senseigamer, MITDJT, Tom Brady, GamerBlake90, all the Dallas guys, and everyone else I'm forgetting!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Starcraft is way more than visual chess. It's made competitive for the same reason that fighters are: outplaying your opponent or finding some cheap trick to bring you back into the game. And of course the mind games that come with facing different players. Although not to delve into that much further, high level matches of sc2 are enjoyable as long as one of the players is terran. You know the whiny bitch who always complains for buffs or nerfs? I'm that guy with starcraft 2. lol

Anyway, on topic: I told my friend to keep tabs on the finals for mk because I couldn't watch the stream last weekend due to work. He only plays starcraft and had the rank and record to prove it. So anyway, he's watching mk..and he keeps calling Pig of the Hut "Pigga the hut"...."Looks like Pigga just won this match"...I didn't correct him because 1) I corrected him LAST time I told him to keep tabs on a stream and 2.) at this point its funny. So I don't know what match it was, but he said he was really getting into watching high level mk. He saw Pig win a match and then "proceed to celebrate like he just won the entire tournament". Now knowing Pig, just reading that was hilarious because you can just picture the pop off in your head. I'm waiting to find footage of it. lol
He's most likely talking about me vs DJT

I think i had a seizure

lol

This was really funny to read :) thanks

Pig Of The Hut

Here's mine:

1. This tournament straight up kicked ass. So much hype. The best I've ever been to.
2. Never again will I attempt to live off of chocolate covered pretzels and dr. pepper for 2 days straight.
3. CD jr your Lao is insane dude, you absolutely beat my poor Mileena into the ground that last game lol
4. BTK HY3NA 7 throws man. 7 fucking throws. Hahaha glad I got to play you, your Kenshi is sick!
5. Astronaut (I think that was your name) your Shang is brutal dude, glad I got to play you. sorry for the babies haha
6. LumberZach (think that was your name) your Cyrax kicked my ass badly haha. Wish we coulda got more games in!
7. Never again will I not play MK for over 2 months before a tournament lol
8. Fuck driving in Dallas, holy shit. That was chaos!
9. Shoutouts to everyone I got to talk to/chill with/fight, Jer, Grolarbears, Hy3na, Astronaut, All the Houston guys, Pig Of The Hut, Pro (think that was your name), CDjr, WoundCowboy, Senseigamer, MITDJT, Tom Brady, GamerBlake90, all the Dallas guys, and everyone else I'm forgetting!
Your match vs cd jr was actually really close

it 3-1 him but maybe like 2-3 uppercuts and a AA roll and it could have been huge upset

I was right behind you watching

Good stuff man!!!

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
Maxter do you think that drunk guy in the kilt was really an assassin? I honestly am not sure. Either way those shitty beers he gave us were delicious. Had no idea you and your brothers were cool, I always assumed you guys were dicks but that is not the case. If I make to NEC we're going out and getting shitfaced.

TylerLantern don't forget those matches Hoodfresh! That night was just as fun as the night with @Bwizz. So glad we got to kick it man. For me if I only remember one quote the whole weekend it was when a few of the guys were talking about Super Smash brothers. "Super Smash Brothers Melee... shit I smash bitches daily."-Tyler Lantern.

@Bwizz always a pleasure homie. I told you you have the best Raiden foo!

Madzin your awesome man. I'm really glad we got to room together and experience the whole thing together. I still can't believe how much your mom slept, you must give her hell back in Germany lol. For real though man you now have a good friend in the states.

Seriously though MLG Dallas shit on EVO as far as the whole experience is concerned. Part of it I think was just the fact that it was just us and Tekken which we mesh well with instead of being outnumbered 8 to 1 by other fighting games like we were at EVO. Starcraft, Halo and such had nothing to do with our genre so we were the big dogs for once. Mainly though it was the matches! So many hype matches to list them all here but I have never witnessed so many awesome grudge matches, upsets, emotions, popoffs in one tourney. In the words of REO after being asked how it felt to win MLG, it was cool. :)

Maxter

Noob
Maxter do you think that drunk guy in the kilt was really an assassin? I honestly am not sure. Either way those shitty beers he gave us were delicious. Had no idea you and your brothers were cool, I always assumed you guys were dicks but that is not the case. If I make to NEC we're going out and getting shitfaced.

TylerLantern don't forget those matches Hoodfresh! That night was just as fun as the night with @Bwizz. So glad we got to kick it man. For me if I only remember one quote the whole weekend it was when a few of the guys were talking about Super Smash brothers. "Super Smash Brothers Melee... shit I smash bitches daily."-Tyler Lantern.

@Bwizz always a pleasure homie. I told you you have the best Raiden foo!

Madzin your awesome man. I'm really glad we got to room together and experience the whole thing together. I still can't believe how much your mom slept, you must give her hell back in Germany lol. For real though man you now have a good friend in the states.

Seriously though MLG Dallas shit on EVO as far as the whole experience is concerned. Part of it I think was just the fact that it was just us and Tekken which we mesh well with instead of being outnumbered 8 to 1 by other fighting games like we were at EVO. Starcraft, Halo and such had nothing to do with our genre so we were the big dogs for once. Mainly though it was the matches! So many hype matches to list them all here but I have never witnessed so many awesome grudge matches, upsets, emotions, popoffs in one tourney. In the words of REO after being asked how it felt to win MLG, it was cool. :)
Lol he was weird man, who knows, the guy is really smart and weird at the same time, at least we could quench our thirst with those beers he got us =) he was a pleasure to meet you too bro, you definetely should come to NEC it will be CD Jr's 21st birthday and trust me drinking is priority this time, we will have a drunken top 8 possibly =)

Lol he was weird man, who knows, the guy is really smart and weird at the same time, at least we could quench our thirst with those beers he got us =) he was a pleasure to meet you too bro, you definetely should come to NEC it will be CD Jr's 21st birthday and trust me drinking is priority this time, we will have a drunken top 8 possibly =)
make sure he actually finishes his drinks, lol.

Pig Of The Hut

................................sí.

Actually forum threads are called 'Temas' in spanish.

Nazi de la gramática.
El queso es viejo y moho en donde está el baño, así que puedo tomar usted y su caída a combos el cementerio donde voy a enterrar para siempre viva The Wiggles

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Can anyone please explain the bracket situation and if things will be changed in the future? A loss is a loss but it really pissed me off that I spend hundreds of dollars to go all the way to Dallas to end up fighting one of my New York teammates in the 2nd round of the tournament (and his first match due to byes).

If it were just me, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but that wasn't a case. I know that without hundreds of players, teammate run-ins can be unavoidable, but in a 96 person bracket this should NOT be happening this early on in the tournament.

2nd round:
Me vs Crazy Dominican
KH_KingDavid vs KH_Scar (just to add, round 3 would also be two KH players if Royale had beaten W1nter Warz)

3rd round:
GGA Han vs GGA 16bit

4th round:
Maxter vs W1nter Warz
DJT vs MIT
REO vs J360

1st round losers:
Satsui vs Kanechump (somewhat understandable since neither are clearly EGP affiliated)

2nd round losers:
KH Royale vs KH KingDavid (.....i feel really bad for KingDavid now)

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Can anyone please explain the bracket situation and if things will be changed in the future? A loss is a loss but it really pissed me off that I spend hundreds of dollars to go all the way to Dallas to end up fighting one of my New York teammates in the 2nd round of the tournament (and his first match due to byes).

If it were just me, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but that wasn't a case. I know that without hundreds of players, teammate run-ins can be unavoidable, but in a 96 person bracket this should NOT be happening this early on in the tournament.

2nd round:
Me vs Crazy Dominican
KH_KingDavid vs KH_Scar (just to add, round 3 would also be two KH players if Royale had beaten W1nter Warz)

3rd round:
GGA Han vs GGA 16bit

4th round:
Maxter vs W1nter Warz
DJT vs MIT
REO vs J360

1st round losers:
Satsui vs Kanechump (somewhat understandable since neither are clearly EGP affiliated)

2nd round losers:
KH Royale vs KH KingDavid (.....i feel really bad for KingDavid now)
Iirc the Houston guys got screwed over like this in Anaheim and EGP did too. 3 of my opponents were Egp lol but we didn't have the EGP handle :0

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Iirc the Houston guys got screwed over like this in Anaheim and EGP did too. 3 of my opponents were Egp lol but we didn't have the EGP handle :0
I can kinda somewhat understand if there's a bracket maker who doesn't know our scene (i wish that wasn't the case) and doesn't realize things like KN and VSM are part of the same thing and known players like Maxter and W1nter Warz are part of the same team, but when you see "GGA" and "KH" explicitly named on the registration, they shouldn't be this close together in the bracket.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
Terran is so fucking lame :p. High level Zerg vs Toss usually ends up in the macro game, which is a whole bunch more fun to watch.

Whoever thinks SC is boring needs to get their head checked.