What's new

"Must I remind you of my superiority?" - Lex Luthor General Discussion (Version 1.06)

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
I just made top 8 at international major Shadowloo Shodown with all Lex. unfortunately i only placed equal 7th. i beat a US KF player and Superman to make it to finals where i got absolutely blown up by safe vortex after safe vortex from batgirl.

http://www.twitch.tv/shadowloohq/b/46941542

i dunno what time any if the shit starts i havent even watched it myself

i might also have some new tech to share but i need to test. i did something unique in casuals i hope to replicate.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
supp guys new lex player here, i have been using various setups like after b3 j2 22 close mine/ u3 far mine/ 11 mid mine and can someone tell me when is it best to trait up is it after a sting so i can trait cancel or after a probe? any tips aswell would be nice :p
rev0lver
There's a lot of ways to set it up, and you don't need to do it with like just one thing since it recovers so quickly. After most corp charge knockdowns or probes/missiles you can set it up safely.

Also i noticed that you're doing mine setups that puts it right under them. It's good if they don't roll or wakeup to get the low-overhead thing, but otherwise I like to set it up behind them (depending on the character) so you have more options. Like ending with b2 mid mine for example.

I just made top 8 at international major Shadowloo Shodown with all Lex. unfortunately i only placed equal 7th. i beat a US KF player and Superman to make it to finals where i got absolutely blown up by safe vortex after safe vortex from batgirl.

http://www.twitch.tv/shadowloohq/b/46941542

i dunno what time any if the shit starts i havent even watched it myself

i might also have some new tech to share but i need to test. i did something unique in casuals i hope to replicate.
Congrats mane. I'll check it out.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
There's a lot of ways to set it up, and you don't need to do it with like just one thing since it recovers so quickly. After most corp charge knockdowns or probes/missiles you can set it up safely.

Also i noticed that you're doing mine setups that puts it right under them. It's good if they don't roll or wakeup to get the low-overhead thing, but otherwise I like to set it up behind them (depending on the character) so you have more options. Like ending with b2 mid mine for example.

Congrats mane. I'll check it out.
cool thanks yeah i never thought of setting it behind them, i seen wonderchef use him and he does that then j3 or corp charge to push them into the mine. Just wish his hitbox wasnt so big and he wasnt so floaty hed be amazing

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
Just wish his hitbox wasnt so big and he wasnt so floaty hed be amazing
I for 1 like the floaty jump because it can actually be pretty useful. However, I do agree that his hitbox needs to be a bit smaller, particularly where projectiles are concerned. I hate ducking to have projectiles whiff only to take chip damage anyways - that's just bad game mechanics for any character.

I just got a game capture device so I'm gonna start working on a fairly detailed video compilation of Lex setups. I'll use stuff I found as well as stuff I've gotten from here. I'll give name credits as much as I can of course. Everyone cool with that?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Galactic Geek

I just got a game capture device so I'm gonna start working on a fairly detailed video compilation of Lex setups. I'll use stuff I found as well as stuff I've gotten from here. I'll give name credits as much as I can of course. Everyone cool with that?

Of course.

Don't forget to credit me with finding & using the close gravity mine after a background bounce followed by an overhead as a nearly impenetrable setup while using trait (background bounce provides a hard knockdown where they can't tech roll; if they perform a low block, they get hit by the overhead; if they stand up they get hit by the mine; if they perform a wake-up, the shield absorbs the hit & they get punished anyways). ;)

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Of course.

Don't forget to credit me with finding & using the close gravity mine after a background bounce followed by an overhead as a nearly impenetrable setup while using trait (background bounce provides a hard knockdown where they can't tech roll; if they perform a low block, they get hit by the overhead; if they stand up they get hit by the mine; if they perform a wake-up, the shield absorbs the hit & they get punished anyways). ;)

I don't really play Lex anymore but that setup is so dirty it makes me wanna pick him back up

Galactic Geek

rev0lver, juicepouch, LtLuthor, & x5STAR.

It's not foolproof because as I mentioned earlier, there are ways to get past the close gravity mine, but here's a great "infinite" setup against average players who likely won't know how to properly counter it (& it may work great against good players for a couple of resets too):

Perform the following steps:
1. 4 (energy shield) - just for good measure
2. b3
3. ji2
4. 2
5. BGB (background bounce)
6. dd3b (close gravity mine)
7. crossover (jump over opponent to the other side)
8. repeat from #2.

This setup if, uninterrupted, does 29% damage each time or 30% each time if you MB the b3. It's not necessary, but it's probably a good idea to use Lex's trait to make it easier to hit with the b3 or avoid wake-ups off of the mine so you can get an additional reset. If you don't spend any meter, you can perform steps 2-6, then repeat steps 2-4, & finish off with Lex's super (if you have full meter).

So, the basic combo is: b3, ji2, 2, BGB, dd3b, crossover; then you repeat it.
The finisher with the super is: b3, ji2, 2, BGB, dd3b, b3, ji2, 2, super.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
http://testyourmight.com/threads/falco-wins-injustice-at-shadowloo-showdown-2013.38694/

try the link in this thread instead. should be 3 games, Lex v KF, SM, BG. Top 16 / 8

These commentators man...

"Lex Charge is fully invincible"
"Is that bug still in the game where Lex can charge while he dashes?"
"Oh wow, I've never seen this super before!" [regarding Killer Frost's super]
"What was that wake-up??" [regarding Frost's parry]

The face-palms.... my head.... it hurts

Galactic Geek

I watched that tournament play already. One of the commentators was not an Injustice regular - makes me wonder what he was doing there...

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

Lol I know. "Lex doesn't have footsies" "He should go back to whoever he normally plays" "Everybody loves Batgirl"

Galactic Geek

Galactic Geek You can add more damage if you B3, Ji3, 21~BGB
Maybe so, but I worry about 2 things: 1) damage scaling & 2) the risk factor - it's harder to do & therefore easier to drop. I couldn't even get the 21 to land after the ji3 in the lab - for some reason sometimes when I tried to hit 2, I'd hit 1 instead... :(

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

I was going to make like a setup video but I procrastinate too much and record with my iphone. I have some stuff I came up with so let me know if I can add anything.

Thead

Noob
Maybe so, but I worry about 2 things: 1) damage scaling & 2) the risk factor - it's harder to do & therefore easier to drop. I couldn't even get the 21 to land after the ji3 in the lab - for some reason sometimes when I tried to hit 2, I'd hit 1 instead... :(
Even with damage scaling - Ji3, 21 - always adds a significant amount of damage over - Ji2, 2 -. But fair enough if you find it inconsistent to connect :) You can try altering the height at which you hit Ji3, that's the trick to landing his Ji3 combos.