What's new

Falco wins Injustice at Shadowloo Showdown 2013

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
And so the biggest FGC event in Australia is wrapped up for another year, and the results are in! Some amazing clutch matches, especially the finals. Pan1cMode coming from Losers bracket before top 8 and fighting through to reset the bracket in the Grand Finals. Close and clutch games all day, stream archive can be viewed here:

http://www.twitch.tv/shadowloohq/b/469415427

Injustice Pools stream starts at roughly 58:00 and the available footage from top 8 starts around 2 hour 32 minute mark. On commentary during Top 8 is Kyle "Kyza" Jensen on the right and myself on the left. (I had about 3 hours sleep the night before because of the Pokemon X and Y launch, so if I ramble on a bit I apologise) Pools commentary is Hari Singh (left) and TRP | Baxter (right).

1. Falco (Superman) Adelaide, Australia
2. Pan1cMode (Batgirl) Melbourne, Australia
3. n-megabyte (Catwoman) Adelaide, Australia
4. TRP | Baxter (Green Lantern, Cyborg) Brisbane, Australia
5. Ranmasama (Superman) Louisiana, USA
5. ON | Colonov (Deathstroke) Brisbane, Australia
7. RG | Baraa01 (Superman) Melbourne, Australia
7. SFF | x5STAR(Lex Luthor) Sydney, Australia

Despite the v1.06 patch's influence, Superman still having a strong prescence. Not for lack of character diversity throughout the tournament though!

Grand finals, second set: Falco (Superman) eliminated Pan1cmode (Batgirl) 3-1.
Grand finals, first set: Pan1cmode (Batgirl) beat Falco (Superman) 3-1.
Losers finals: Pan1cmode (Batgirl) eliminated N-megabytes (Catwoman) 3-2.
Losers semi-finals: Pan1cmode (Batgirl) eliminated TRB|Baxter (Green Lantern) 3-1.
TRP|Baxter (Green Lantern) eliminated Ranmasama (Superman).
Winners finals: Falco (Superman) beat N-megabytes (Catwoman) 3-0.
Ranmasama (Superman) eliminated RG|Baraa (Superman) 3-2.
Winners semi-finals: Falco (Superman) beat TRP|Baxter (Green Lantern, Cyborg) 3-1.
Pan1cmode (Batgirl) eliminated ON|Colonov (Deathstroke) 3-0.
Winners semi-finals: N-megabytes (Catwoman) beat ON|Colonov (Deathstroke) 3-1.
Pan1cmode (Batgirl) eliminated SFF|X5star (Lex Luthor) 3-0.

Pools from the tournament available here: http://www.shadowlogic.com.au/ss2k13pools/injustice

Shoutouts to our sponsors:
BENQ
Notifuro
Hungry Human
One Frame Link
Razer
Madcatz
AverMedia
Astra Gaming Equipment

Shoutouts all who attended, all who helped run the event and special shoutouts to Baraa01 for running the brackets with me. Was an amazing day and had an incredible vibe and atmosphere.<3

See you guys at the next one, hope to see more international Injustice presence next time!