What's new

"Must I remind you of my superiority?" - Lex Luthor General Discussion (Version 1.06)

So, I think I found something promising in terms of wakeup-stuffing setups.

The first hit of u3 is a HKD- of course, this only happens if the second hit of u3 whiffs.

But I found a way to consistently integrate u3 as a combo-ender where only the first hit connects, and the second hit whiffs. The resulting space between the opponent's character and Lex is almost pretty much perfectly optimal- it's the range where Lex's long-reaching arms hit the enemy, and their tiny arms can't do anything. Basically it's "Lex puts his hand on their head and lets them swing away"-range. And the advantage from the HKD of u3's first hit is enough, that even though the second whiffs, you have plenty of time for a meaty attack.

So here's the setup:

[starter] xx MB Grav Pull, B3, J3, B2, U3

The key is making sure you hit J3 such that the axe connects with the enemy just as they meet in mid-air when Lex jumps forward. If you time the J3 right, the B2, U3 is super-easy to get consistently.

The distance is not too close that Lex can't stuff wake-ups with his long-reaching strings, but not too far that he can't reach them, as is the case with a HKD from a Corp Charge ender.

For example, if you do this on a Deathstroke, and set the AI to do a wake-up sword spin, if Lex backs up just a bit before, he can stuff the sword spin with a meaty b2.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Lol I like it. this has potentially a lot more uses too. does b2, u3~mine work or is there not enough adv for followups?

Not enough advantage for a mine or even a probe. Generally this sacrifices the ability to do a probe/trait/mine setups in favor of getting a safe-jump into a guaranteed 50/50.

But since probes/trait/mine setups are already so good for allowing Lex pressure on knockdown, I can't see any super-clear advantages of this yet. I mean, with trait Lex doesn't have to respect most wakeups anyway- especially for Green Lantern. And at least as of yet I haven't found it to work on the character whom Lex would benefit most from this- Deathstroke.

However, I was just fooling around with this more, and found it is a good opportunity for anti-wakeup option selects.

So, Superman for example.

If you do a safejump j3 after this setup, you can input a corp-charge while in the air. If they do a wakeup, and the j3 hits against the wakeup's invincibility frames, the corp charge will come out and automatically stuff the j3.

However, if they don't do a wakeup, and just block the J3, the corp-charge won't come out, because you input the corp charge before they even get up and are hit by the later part of j3's active frames, so you just go j3 into a free mixup.

Here's the video of me testing this out on Supes. I recorded a Lex Luthor AI to do the setup, and end with a J3 xx Corp Charge option select. The Corp Charge only came out when J3 hit against the invincibility frames of the wake-up.

Supes can litterally not do anything about it but eat another 50/50 or a corp charge on knockdown.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
did they get rid of lex's infinite in the corner of FoS? The laser never recovers in time for me to complete the whole combo or am i just F'ing it up?

did they get rid of lex's infinite in the corner of FoS? The laser never recovers in time for me to complete the whole combo or am i just F'ing it up?
I've never been able to pull it off online, though I assumed that was just because of the lag and the timing is pretty strict. But maybe they did something in a hotfix- that interactible was broken on so many levels lol.

Though it turned out it could be pushblocked to get out of it- so not really an infinite. You can still get a guaranteed reset though that cannot be pushblocked if you substitute the u3 xx trait xx forward dash u3 xx Mb Probes, up lance blast charge with
u3 xx trait, (back up very slightly), d2 xx Mb Probes, up lance blast charge.

BushGold

Noob
Boy stop you beat me after I repeatedly smashed you and honestly I got bored yes I lose im not some geek lmao I just win alot but thanks for the free high leaderboard advertisment for those who didnt no me ya tech aint that great zod can just pistol or laser mb threw all