What's new

"Must I remind you of my superiority?" - Lex Luthor General Discussion (Version 1.06)

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
Yea I think Lex's new buffs are going to make him more viable now. I've seen some good matches with him like EG_Wounder Chef and of course Rev0lv3r. I think Lex has a few "Good" match-ups now.

Thead

Noob
We need to be serious here in that Lex has one of the dirtiest corner games in this game right now. As long as we have meter there's like 12 different ways to reset them for guaranteed 50/50's, and guaranteed 13%+ extra on some chars. The options this char has is ridiculous. I love it right now.
Lex is so disgusting in the corner. On top of the options you've said, he's got guaranteed MB Orbital Strike against majority of cast that leads back into 50/50, and ambiguous cross ups that put them back in the corner back into 50/50s.

Maybe we should put the corner setups into the Tech Thread, or possibly it's own one.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yea I think Lex's new buffs are going to make him more viable now. I've seen some good matches with him like EG_Wounder Chief and of course Rev0lv3r. I think Lex has a few "Good" match-ups now.
Lex always had good matchups haha. I thought he was still viable before, just even more viable now that some of his bad matchups got better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Ok I'm planning to play him because this char is actually ridiculously fun to play. I can't believe he is the most underused char.

rev0lver : Except the damages, what is the real difference between ji2 and ji3 before doing 22 mines in combo ?

What stages do you guys like for Lex and why? I've been looking for a stage with a BGB plus some nice throwables? Any recommendations?

On the other hand, I'm considering forgetting about BGB to focus more on pushing my opponent to the corner.

How do y'all feel?

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
What stages do you guys like for Lex and why? I've been looking for a stage with a BGB plus some nice throwables? Any recommendations?

On the other hand, I'm considering forgetting about BGB to focus more on pushing my opponent to the corner.

How do y'all feel?
Why Lex's Lab, of course!

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Ok I'm planning to play him because this char is actually ridiculously fun to play. I can't believe he is the most underused char.

rev0lver : Except the damages, what is the real difference between ji2 and ji3 before doing 22 mines in combo ?
j2 makes it much easier to hit your followup. I do it a lot online because I don't really have a choice lol.

How do y'all feel?
My favorite is Asylum Mess Hall because of the pig setups. It's not that much in your advantage anywhere else in the stage though. But Lex is dirty with the pig, in offense and defense. Otherwise Fortress is pretty good.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Personally I really liked Insurgency before the patch due to the ridiculous hitbox on those TVs. It's still a good stage for us, though not as great as it used to be.

j2 makes it much easier to hit your followup. I do it a lot online because I don't really have a choice lol.
Actually, I've found there's another pretty substantial difference between j2 and j3 before a 22

The hit advantage you get with a 22 depends on how high up the enemy is when you hit them. When you do a j3-22, you get less hit advantage because 22 hits them at the last moment possible (which is why its so dam tricky to pull off online). j2-22 lets you hit the enemy when they are still higher in the air, and so you get more hit advantage.

How I came to this conclusion: Against Deathstroke set to tech roll and wake-up with sword-flip:

J3-22-trait-dash (blown up by DS wakeup, can't block in time after the dash)

J2-22-trait-dash (safe against DS wakeup, you get level 2 shields, and can dash, and still be able to block the wakeup)

Basically works the same way as Corp Charge- hitting the enemy with it while they're high in the air gives you a ton more hit advantage.

Thead

Noob
How I came to this conclusion: Against Deathstroke set to tech roll and wake-up with sword-flip:

J3-22-trait-dash (blown up by DS wakeup, can't block in time after the dash)

J2-22-trait-dash (safe against DS wakeup, you get level 2 shields, and can dash, and still be able to block the wakeup)

Basically works the same way as Corp Charge- hitting the enemy with it while they're high in the air gives you a ton more hit advantage.
Is there a reason you do 22~Trait Dash over 22~Corp Charge, Trait Dash? Or was it purely for testing?

But yes you are absolutely correct, Ji2 juggles them higher into the air than Ji3. To be exploited in the ways you mention and differing combos.

Is there a reason you do 22~Trait Dash over 22~Corp Charge, Trait Dash? Or was it purely for testing?

But yes you are absolutely correct, Ji2 juggles them higher into the air than Ji3. To be exploited in the ways you mention and differing combos.
Yeah, it was purely for testing purposes.

Lex's buffs did almost nothing but I still love him and going to play cyborg because I love setup characters! And cyborg actually has a trait now! But Lex is the most fun out of the cast to play in my opinion. I hate the sinestro and superman matchup though.

A meter-building block-string I've been using. Interruptable, but not easy to interrupt, risky to interrupt, and will often trade in Lex's favor.

b1 xx probe, 2 xx trait, 21 xx mine

Lmao, I swear I've been doing this, and it almost NEVER gets interrupted.

Especially b1 xx probe. Despite the startup time on probe, they are hesitant to react with the threat of b13 xx full-combo, and if they do react, (assuming you at least got probe out) probe prevents a full combo punish, and in some cases, will give a favorable trade with Corp Charge.

2 xx trait is then really easy because probe generally means they can't even safely d1 Lex's trait away.

So with trait up, 21 xx mine is basically free, as interrupting mine with Lex's trait on is ridiculously risky, and you can actually get mine out even if it is interrupted near the end- tech roll to full combo :)

Then with mine, we are +20 on block, so that's an extra possible 50/50, with trait still active.

Anyone got anything similar to this? Any variations?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
A meter-building block-string I've been using. Interruptable, but not easy to interrupt, risky to interrupt, and will often trade in Lex's favor.

b1 xx probe, 2 xx trait, 21 xx mine

Lmao, I swear I've been doing this, and it almost NEVER gets interrupted.

Especially b1 xx probe. Despite the startup time on probe, they are hesitant to react with the threat of b13 xx full-combo, and if they do react, (assuming you at least got probe out) probe prevents a full combo punish, and in some cases, will give a favorable trade with Corp Charge.

2 xx trait is then really easy because probe generally means they can't even safely d1 Lex's trait away.

So with trait up, 21 xx mine is basically free, as interrupting mine with Lex's trait on is ridiculously risky, and you can actually get mine out even if it is interrupted near the end- tech roll to full combo :)

Then with mine, we are +20 on block, so that's an extra possible 50/50, with trait still active.

Anyone got anything similar to this? Any variations?
I actually started doing something very similar (Only started using 21 mine a few days ago though, but I like it), but I've been D1>probe then B2>Mine. B2>mine on hit is the dirtiest setup ever. They come out of hitstun on the mine right before it hits. You have time to throw out a F2 that hits at almost the same time as well or a F3 that hits with reverse Earthshaker timing. That said, it gets easier to block when they learn that the mine always hits first, but even then it's not easy.
Nobody's punished me for it yet either so I think it's safe, but I could be wrong and it might be possible to punish after blocking the B2 and the probe shot with forward moving specials as he throws the mine. Haven't tested it TBH.

Also B1>Drone makes them afraid to do anything, so you can also get a free grab if you feel like it.

How do y'all feel?
Definitely Fortress of Solitude!

Galactic Geek

Losing is learning; winning is succeeding.
How does MMH vs Lex go? I feel like Lex Trait helps him out in this matchup.
When fighting MMH, Lex's energy shield trait is his best friend as it nullifies most of MMH's specials, which are mostly 1-hit attacks. Definitely watch for his MBb3 as imblackjames has stated. I would also watch out for his maleability trait that gives him extra reach. His combos may not be too effective against Lex, but with trait his combos can make the footsies game more evenly matched for MMH.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Jump 3 also beats out MMH's teleport on reaction (Since the Axe hits above Lex's head and has enough reach to beat out the low one, or at least it did pre-patch), meaning you can beat it regardless of whether you're in the air or on the ground.

Lex's trait does give MMH trouble, especially if you pay attention to MMH's trait.

With trait up, MMH's wakeup becomes useless, and it feels like very few MMHs know how to wake up without their invulnerable mind blast thing.

If he whiffs any projectile, that's a free drone or trait as well. I don't remember for sure, but I think you can still pull a probe out on reaction to an overhead one, even if it hits.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
supp guys new lex player here, i have been using various setups like after b3 j2 22 close mine/ u3 far mine/ 11 mid mine and can someone tell me when is it best to trait up is it after a sting so i can trait cancel or after a probe? any tips aswell would be nice :p
rev0lver