What's new

"Must I Remind You Of My Superiority" -- Lex Luthor General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Any way for Lex to deal with crossups other than blocking? Like people who will jump in do a positive string and then crossup again and rinse repeat until hit confirm into bnb. I know you can aa with armored b3 and f3 and his 2 is alright it seems for an aa but I'm curious if he has any options.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Any way for Lex to deal with crossups other than blocking? Like people who will jump in do a positive string and then crossup again and rinse repeat until hit confirm into bnb. I know you can aa with armored b3 and f3 and his 2 is alright it seems for an aa but I'm curious if he has any options.
u3 has a 6f start up, a decent hitbox, how about it?

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
He only plays 1 match with him and it looks like it was his first time trying him. If he does plan on playing him he should read the forums cause he landed D1's but never followed up with a low or mid starter for full combo.

On a side note....Superman's lasers are a bitch!

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
He only plays 1 match with him and it looks like it was his first time trying him. If he does plan on playing him he should read the forums cause he landed D1's but never followed up with a low or mid starter for full combo.

On a side note....Superman's lasers are a bitch!
What do you mean by landed d1s? Like catching someone jumping or does d1 on hit leave you at a good enough advantage that you can go into a string safely?

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
What do you mean by landed d1s? Like catching someone jumping or does d1 on hit leave you at a good enough advantage that you can go into a string safely?
Hitting a grounded person with a d1 gives you +11 which allows you to 50/50 with a 3 frame low and a 4 frame overhead full combo starter.

How do you get around lex luthors zoning? hes really safe on a lot of stuff and the unblockable makes it super frustrating! I use flash and lantern, he obviously outzones lantern. Flash is anti zone, and when you block, i can't punish him full screen with his headbutt, which i can do on any other character..

Niloc

Noob
How do you get around lex luthors zoning? hes really safe on a lot of stuff and the unblockable makes it super frustrating! I use flash and lantern, he obviously outzones lantern. Flash is anti zone, and when you block, i can't punish him full screen with his headbutt, which i can do on any other character..
Lex luthor isnt even a good zoning character lol. his fireballs only do 3% damage on hit and and the unblockable is only 8%. I would say GL is a better zoner than Lex by far.

Lex luthor isnt even a good zoning character lol. his fireballs only do 3% damage on hit and and the unblockable is only 8%. I would say GL is a better zoner than Lex by far.
Oh really? interesting okay thanks. I will try GL then. I use flash usually if I want to counter zone and GL to zone depending on my match up! lex is one of the few characters I have seen. He must be a deathstroke type thing. just gimmicks

Hey man dont listen to anyone telling you that Lex is a bad zoner. He has some really annoying setups that are almost impossible to get past if you dont know them beforehand. If you see a Lex player throw out a probe you MUST respect it. If they throw one out full screen, there is a good chance that they will follow up with the unblockable laser. After he points at the ground for the laser, you need to be moving or it will hit you. Generally you need to jump the probe shot while moving forward, but both of your characters also have other options. With flash, immediately use RMS when you see a Lex player point to call down a laser and this will help you get in and punish. This also applies to green lanturns "hold onto jet move" haha. Green lanturn can completely hold down lex and prevent him from using any special moves if you use his primary projectile at full speed. Most zoning beats Lex's zoning because his moves have very slow startup, so just try to keep him locked down.This will often make lex players jump in on you, which GL can AA for full combo damage. Lex is a momentum character in all aspects of his gameplay so dont let him get that momentum from full screen. The most dangerous projectile is his mine because he can combo off of them for an easy 40%. Flash's move out of RMS go right over these, but still be wary of any mines on screen. His fireball is nothing to really worry about. Even if it is hitting you, it does the same damage As deathstrokes low gun chip haha. NEVER be afraid to traid fireballs with a Lex. That is a winning battle for you.

Hey man dont listen to anyone telling you that Lex is a bad zoner. He has some really annoying setups that are almost impossible to get past if you dont know them beforehand. If you see a Lex player throw out a probe you MUST respect it. If they throw one out full screen, there is a good chance that they will follow up with the unblockable laser. After he points at the ground for the laser, you need to be moving or it will hit you. Generally you need to jump the probe shot while moving forward, but both of your characters also have other options. With flash, immediately use RMS when you see a Lex player point to call down a laser and this will help you get in and punish. This also applies to green lanturns "hold onto jet move" haha. Green lanturn can completely hold down lex and prevent him from using any special moves if you use his primary projectile at full speed. Most zoning beats Lex's zoning because his moves have very slow startup, so just try to keep him locked down.This will often make lex players jump in on you, which GL can AA for full combo damage. Lex is a momentum character in all aspects of his gameplay so dont let him get that momentum from full screen. The most dangerous projectile is his mine because he can combo off of them for an easy 40%. Flash's move out of RMS go right over these, but still be wary of any mines on screen. His fireball is nothing to really worry about. Even if it is hitting you, it does the same damage As deathstrokes low gun chip haha. NEVER be afraid to traid fireballs with a Lex. That is a winning battle for you.
No, actually i broke him down with my friend. Since I use flash i can dismantle him. For one, flash has a vortex, For two, if i see him touch his arm or throw orbs, and the unblockable, i can headbutt him on reaction full screen. RMS would be dumb. It better if I use Flash on Lex. if He jumps on me, i have an anti air. Lex can't get momentum on flash, i was actually over estimating him due to Match up experience but thanks for those advice I will take it into consideration.

No, actually i broke him down with my friend. Since I use flash i can dismantle him. For one, flash has a vortex, For two, if i see him touch his arm or throw orbs, and the unblockable, i can headbutt him on reaction full screen. RMS would be dumb. It better if I use Flash on Lex. if He jumps on me, i have an anti air. Lex can't get momentum on flash, i was actually over estimating him due to Match up experience but thanks for those advice I will take it into consideration.
I dont know a ton about the flash so it is possible that i was thinking of headbutt. Happy i could help a little. If you ever want to play a few rounds to practice, and you are on XBL, hit me up.

I dont know a ton about the flash so it is possible that i was thinking of headbutt. Happy i could help a little. If you ever want to play a few rounds to practice, and you are on XBL, hit me up.
whats your gamer tag? i'm about to do a little bit of my online class and I was free rest of the day, I'll play you. my Gamertag is Kinetic traps.

Yea Lex is not a great zoner. The lance blasts do little damage and are slow on startup as Niloc said. In the short time I've been playing him, the best thing to do is take advantage of the hyper axe. The reach is insane, and you cancel into a Corp charge and boom you get 19%. Mixing up the distance of the gravity mines helps play mind games with your opponent. A lot of times you can hyper axe on to a mine setting up an easy 40%. I like to use MB Probes as an easy way to get in for a throw or pressure. MB Orbital strike seems useful moreso in the corner for combos. Overall I like the way he plays, his dash is pretty good to get you in after you put out a probe. Still trying to figure out great use for his trait as it really only takes one hit. if anyone has any suggestions I would like to hear it.

Yea Lex is not a great zoner. The lance blasts do little damage and are slow on startup as Niloc said. In the short time I've been playing him, the best thing to do is take advantage of the hyper axe. The reach is insane, and you cancel into a Corp charge and boom you get 19%. Mixing up the distance of the gravity mines helps play mind games with your opponent. A lot of times you can hyper axe on to a mine setting up an easy 40%. I like to use MB Probes as an easy way to get in for a throw or pressure. MB Orbital strike seems useful moreso in the corner for combos. Overall I like the way he plays, his dash is pretty good to get you in after you put out a probe. Still trying to figure out great use for his trait as it really only takes one hit. if anyone has any suggestions I would like to hear it.
I still think flash poops on him :) its a bit unfair imo. Zoning with every character in this game is at best a gimmicky aspect against rush down characters.

Check out wonder_chefs video on dash canceling trait. You can use this technique to apply quick pressure after a knockdown. I posted a video of it on the pushguard mine trap thread.

Check out wonder_chefs video on dash canceling trait. You can use this technique to apply quick pressure after a knockdown. I posted a video of it on the pushguard mine trap thread.
Yes I just saw it actually! I had no idea you could dash and level up to 3...looking for forward to working with this in the lab.

Are any of you guys consistently comboing out of ji3, d1? I have so much trouble getting the d1 x MB Gravity Pull to come out. The cancel needs to be done so quickly.

I sort of stumbled into an interesting mind game/mix up with Lex, today. If you end a combo in such a way that you can get a trait dash off, you can time a Corps Charge (bf+2) to hit their wakeup. Since you'll have a level 3 trait shield, they have kind of a no-win situation. If they wake up with anything but a block, they get hit by the charge and you get an untechable knockdown. If they block, they can't really punish the charge because you'll ignore their first attack. As a result, you can almost always either block or counter-attack their attempted punish, usually with armor or a throw. Just thought I'd share in case this turns out to be useful tech!

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Are any of you guys consistently comboing out of ji3, d1? I have so much trouble getting the d1 x MB Gravity Pull to come out. The cancel needs to be done so quickly.
not yet, I'm having trouble with it too, but I do use the hell out of it until they start respecting it and then that opens them up to my ji2's and 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.