What's new

"Must I Remind You Of My Superiority" -- Lex Luthor General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't get to play injustice for a few more hours, so is there anyone that can answer if Lex's 1,1,2 string is any better than it was in the demo(specifically if it's still whiffing on some crouching opponents), or if Lex underwent any notable changes in gereneral since the demo? Not knowing if he is any different in the full build is driving me crazy.

Spheris

Noob
I won't get to play injustice for a few more hours, so is there anyone that can answer if Lex's 1,1,2 string is any better than it was in the demo(specifically if it's still whiffing on some crouching opponents), or if Lex underwent any notable changes in gereneral since the demo? Not knowing if he is any different in the full build is driving me crazy.
1-1-2 is same in the demo. Does not hit on crouchers unless you do it after a j2, that forces stand either on hit or block. For starting a combo on crouchers, I go for b+1-3 and if it hit I cancel it into MB Gravity Pull, if not it's safe on block or just backdash Lance cancel.

Example: b+1-3 x MB Gravity pull, b+3, j3, 1-1-3 x Corp Charge (9 hits 35% damage hit confirmable combo, very easy to do, pretty much my actual BnB from ground)

Corp Charge on wakeup has inv. frames as in the demo, but I don't know if more or less, it just works. Satellite still unblockable, he's pretty much the same that in demo.

Thankyou so much! I actually saw this after I had tryed it myself, but that combo info is amazing. I've been doing 1-1-2 x MB Gravity Pull, b+3, j3, 1-1-2 x Corp Charge, which whiffs on crouching oppenents if you don't jump in, requires different timing to land the 1-1-2 after the j3 depending on where you are on the screen, and only does 32%. Thats the hghest damage and most consistent combo I have seen posted yet so thanks man. I wish I hadnt already beaten the other combo into my muscle memory before I saw this! I was finally landing the first one consistantly haha. I am totally loving Lex. His setups and space control are so great. Do you have any tricks for getting to opponents that are hit by a medium or far mine? I can rarely get there in time to get off a combo.

Spheris

Noob
For jump-ins, I use j2, 2-1 x MB Gravity Pull, b+3, j3, 1-1-3 x Corp Charge (10 hits 41% damage) . The 2-1 chain after j2 can be stopped by mashed fast low 1's like Superman's, but the worst thing that will happen is that you'll eat a couple of crouching 1's. Nothing important.

For far mines I think you can't do anything except the MB version for more damage and then a Lex Probe for better zoning after wakeup.

For medium mines combos and setups, in the Lex Injustice Demo thread you have some nice posts you'd like to check.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/fortune-favors-the-bald-lex-luthor-demo-discussion.29440/

Thanks. the meter burn option is something i didnt think of and can lead to some pretty good damage or allow me to get lvl 3 armor. The biggest problem that I have had with Lex is getting in on people like Deathstroke, Harley Quinn, and Green Arrow because if they use their projectiles at max speed, none of Lex's moves have a fast enough startup to be used between shots. This forces you to jump in on them. I generally mixup fj with nj/fj+Corp Charge and try to bait them to use an anti-air and punish accordingly, but Lex is not exactly a rushdown character and he doesnt have a ton of options to get in.

im starting to think for lex to be successful he needs to put a probe or mine up after every single knock down he gets.
Ya, that is definitely true. Lex relies almost completely on his knockdown setups to establish pressure and gain momentum. Every time that you get a knockdown with Lex you are given the opportunity to gain an advantage that can help lead into another knockdown. If you get up a mine or a probe and armor, you immediately have a great advantage and control over your opponents movements. Without his setups, he is a rather lackluster character with good range, but slow, normals and slow-startup specials. I do not even try to go for full combos without armor or a probe up. Without either of these things, I usually just try to catch my opponent mid-dash or something with a MB Gravity Pull to start my combos.

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Thanks. the meter burn option is something i didnt think of and can lead to some pretty good damage or allow me to get lvl 3 armor. The biggest problem that I have had with Lex is getting in on people like Deathstroke, Harley Quinn, and Green Arrow because if they use their projectiles at max speed, none of Lex's moves have a fast enough startup to be used between shots. This forces you to jump in on them. I generally mixup fj with nj/fj+Corp Charge and try to bait them to use an anti-air and punish accordingly, but Lex is not exactly a rushdown character and he doesnt have a ton of options to get in.
I've been doing forward dash after blocked projectiles at full screen to get in on the characters you mentioned. Lex's forward dash covers about half screen and is a lot safer than jumping which usually just lands you on the next projectile shot. That puts you in range to react to projectiles with a jump or anti-air their attempts to jump at you. Work a lot better than jumping for me so far.

volkmair

Noob
I've been playing around with Lex and he's an interesting character, but I'm not quite sure on how he's really meant to be played. Zoning and ranged keep away seems to work against some characters but against any other character with a strong ranged game he seems to loose because of how slow the startup on all his moves are, and going in with Lex seems to be something of a dicey prospect.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I've been playing around with Lex and he's an interesting character, but I'm not quite sure on how he's really meant to be played. Zoning and ranged keep away seems to work against some characters but against any other character with a strong ranged game he seems to loose because of how slow the startup on all his moves are, and going in with Lex seems to be something of a dicey prospect.
You´re right.
That´s what i Like Bruce Willis, he can play different style depending the opp.

Malec

Noob
Found by EGP Wonder_Chef unless already discovered.

You can use your trait and dash forwards/backwards immediately and it will give you a full charge. I found out that forward dash has much better recovery allowing you to hit while your armor is up.

VIDEO -
wow that is awesome, hope they dont "fix" that ^^
seriously dont see any reason to fix that, imo its not broken. i dont understand why lex has to charge his trait up in the first place, its not like he gets up to 3 armor. grundy has his corpse walk cancel, with 3 armor and its legit.

btw. dose lex have any decent combos without ex gravity pull?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I think as the game develops lex will only get better and more dominating

I see him as a whiff punisher/footsie/trap character thats extremely momentum based

Malec

Noob
still dont have my copy :/, got a stupid question. lex get one armor and 100% damage reduction on lvl 3 trait, my question, if you block moves/strings/whatever with lvl3 trait, dose lex reseive chip damage?

volkmair

Noob
I think as the game develops lex will only get better and more dominating

I see him as a whiff punisher/footsie/trap character thats extremely momentum based
So I assume rather than full screen you will want to be at around mid screen where you are in range to punish things with corp charge, then once you get the knockdown you can go into whatever setup is appropriate for the opposing character.

Malec

Noob
Anyone know how to fight green lantern...getting my ass handed to me.

His projectiles are way to fast to do anything, if I duck them I can get a fireball or a orb off but still get hit again.

His air fireball dodges my mine and makes air charging hard.
sry cant help you right now, but there is a lex matchup thread, lets try to keep it clean, no offence

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Jer Pig Of The Hut Nutrient

im no pro player, so i bring to you some observations for you to verify for me, and to clear up any similar questions others might have. please fix the holes in my knowledge;

i think the most important prop to set up with after a hard knockdown is trait or probe. its been said the opponent must respect the probe, it will interrupt offense and it will leave Lex with advantage. a probe can grant opportunity to activate trait, or mine, or laser. it allows Lex to continue to zone or to make setups.

does MB probe have its use? what about MB airstrike? MB airstrike seems to have its uses to extend combos especially in the corner and to grant advantage for setups.

ji2 112 whiffs on crouch block after the initial 1.
ji2 22 hits mid mid and leads to a couple options for follow up, but first, ji2 112 MB vac = 17%, which is the same as ji2 22 MB vac = 17%. however the 22 string leads to a 50 50 mixup with his 22b3 low / 22d1 overhead strings on block. so i guess it is better to follow ji2 with 22 for these reasons. 112 can whiff, doesn't lead to better damage, doesnt lead to a natural 50 50 on block.

112 into mine is a nice mixup, i havent tested how easily escapable it is in practice though, so verify this. you can mid mine or far mine, and i think the opponent must respect corp charge on wakeup for fear of mine reset. 114 into mine is also possible and gives different spacing from 112 mine. so the opponent won't know which direction is safe until Lex has chosen. this might be a good tool.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Any time I connect with a J3, I always go into 1(1) MB Vacuum ji2 11 mine. Put the mine wherever, this depends on the read you have. If you get a corps charge knockdown, go for probe first, then armor (this is just what I do).

I usually MB probe when Im trying to get someone's health down lower when they're close to dead. MB airstrike is for when they're full screen and I don't want them getting near me, just to keep the space I created.

Status
Not open for further replies.