What's new

"Must I Remind You Of My Superiority" -- Lex Luthor General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm still not a fan of it myself. Idk though, might be useful.

Anyway, another gimmick that I forgot. 113s ridiculous range has become my favorite gimmick. People see you whiff 11 from like 10 ft away and try to do something to whiff punish, then get hit by 113~cc. It's the shit.

I'm still not a fan of it myself. Idk though, might be useful.

Anyway, another gimmick that I forgot. 113s ridiculous range has become my favorite gimmick. People see you whiff 11 from like 10 ft away and try to do something to whiff punish, then get hit by 113~cc. It's the ****.
I totally forgot about that string! I used to use it when I was too bad at this game to be quick enough to cancel f2 into anything.

I need to remind myself to use it more when I have shields/probes out and the enemy is freaking out like my probe is the goddam deathstar

I think he means it would give a free d1 check on block. Also, if the d1 hit, I THINK due to the push back 213 has on block, you'd be at perfect space to get a free check with a f2 if they didn't block the d1.

....I haven't been playing enough Lex, I've totally forgotten the on-hit advantage of d1, the startup of b2, and the distance after a 213 on block followed up by a d1 on hit.... But I'm assuming that would be the case, in which case, it's technically good pressure. Kinda like BA's ridiculous b23 advantage giving him a free d1.

edit *** I went into practice, and it looks like this would be the case. 213 has really good pushback on block, so it does kinda suck that it is soooooo horribly unsafe that it should never be used ever unless you love to lose for some reason ***
Yes this is what I was getting at. If the 213 string was given that advantage on block, D1 would become a guaranteed frame trap, and if the D1 hits you get enough advantage for a free B1/F2.

Now I haven't tested how this works with pushback and all that. It all depends on how far the 213 pushes back on block.

Yes this is what I was getting at. If the 213 string was given that advantage on block, D1 would become a guaranteed frame trap, and if the D1 hits you get enough advantage for a free B1/F2.

Now I haven't tested how this works with pushback and all that. It all depends on how far the 213 pushes back on block.
It will still hit. All lex's normal have very good range. The pushback mostly affects other character's ability to hit, but not Lex.

It will still hit. All lex's normal have very good range. The pushback mostly affects other character's ability to hit, but not Lex.
Then let's hope it does get buffed cause that would give Lex a safe option up close without needing a probe or armor. If his specials get sped up on top of that I think he could really leap through the tier lists. I hope NRS is careful though cause I think just a few minor tweaks would make him really really good.
As it stands now I get easier online victories with Lex than any of my other mains cause people are so ignorant of the matchup and don't respect the fact that Lex is a freight train once you let him touch you.

The fact that no one plays Lex definitely helps.

Especially with probes. Holy shit these things TERRIFY everyone who hasn't played many Lex's. You'd think you've just thrown out two nuclear bombs when in fact they do one damage each, and if they both hit it actually makes it more difficult to combo off them for whatever reason because it knocks them slightly away and in the air (why did they do this???).

mikosu

+ on block 50/50s
We have our own version. The best way I've found to set it up so far is after a B3 do ji3>D2>trait>dash forward, then jump 2. They should wake up when you're above them facing the wrong direction, essentially making you safe to wakeups and messing up their blocking.
Seems that in the corner if you dash after 113 or d3 it will reverse wakeups. 113 requires no timing. d3 is a little after you're free to move.

I'm not sure if this was known or not already, but:

You can get a free Corp Charge hit after a level 2 lance blast, at up to around 80 % of the max distance a level 2 lance blast will travel...

I suppose it's usefulness is probably limited to those characters who have wakeups fast enough to stuff certain setups that normally work after level 2 lance blast (DS quick shots and Flash's lightning charge).

It's better than nothing :)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I just want to say something here...

I've been hearing about some players talking about how they're as good as/better than me or are wishing they got this fraudulent attention I've been getting (no I'm not talking about just one person). I don't really put myself above anyone, I just happen to be one of the few who's actually used him at tournaments. I'm just here to have fun and make hype when I can.

I've not been playing the game in quite a while...has anything actually changed for Lex with the last few updates for when the dlc characters have arrive? Or is he getting no changes because he's a Superman character and Superman characters need no changes at all aparently (looks at most top 8's being Superman 7/8 times) >>

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.

I've been hearing about some players talking about how they're as good as/better than me or are wishing they got this fraudulent attention I've been getting (no I'm not talking about just one person). I don't really put myself above anyone, I just happen to be one of the few who's actually used him at tournaments. I'm just here to have fun and make hype when I can.
Fraudulent attention? How so?

I know I've said this before but... just imagine how wonderous it would be if Corp Charge had an EX version that was invincible to projectiles...

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization

who turned the hollywood up on revolver? :REO

Does anyone know what best to follow up a level 3 lance blast hit with?

I can't see anything in the frame data about level 2 or 3 lance blast.

What I've gathered is level 2 gives you a free probe against 95 percent of the cast, or a free corp charge at 80 % of max distance...

However, I'm not sure what level 2 or level 3 is on block- and I'm having an especially hard time figuring out what to do after a level 3 hit.

Any suggestions?

I've never done any sort of testing with lv3 lance blast. I know it's unblockable but is it a hard knockdown? Does it give enough advantage for a trait dash? How do you even get off a lv3?

I've never done any sort of testing with lv3 lance blast. I know it's unblockable but is it a hard knockdown? Does it give enough advantage for a trait dash? How do you even get off a lv3?
You can threaten opponents with it after a hard knockdown especially near the corner. It has a tendency to win or trade except against Grundy because of WC but you can still always dash out of it if need be so you can bait out reversals for an even greater punish than if you just hit them with the lance.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I use it sometimes after mb probe or with armor. With armor in the corner, if you cancel the end of your combo into an uplance charge it should be guaranteed damage against chars who can't do a multi-hitting or evading wakeup as long as you can react to them trying to jump or hit you out of it (you should have a level 2 by the time they can do anything).

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I just picked up Lex as an alt a couple days ago and I gotta say, this character is fun. He's so simple to use, and no one knows how to play against him. He's hype man.

My question to you all is this: How are you guys handling box jump, or good cross over attacks? Lex is so god damn tall that there's barely any time to switch your block. You almost have to do it preemptively which then gets crushed by a the neutral jump attack. Any suggestions?

I just picked up Lex as an alt a couple days ago and I gotta say, this character is fun. He's so simple to use, and no one knows how to play against him. He's hype man.

My question to you all is this: How are you guys handling box jump, or good cross over attacks? Lex is so god damn tall that there's barely any time to switch your block. You almost have to do it preemptively which then gets crushed by a the neutral jump attack. Any suggestions?
Corp Charge anything that tries to jump on you. Lex's huge, tall frame is what makes Corp Charge so great. If they dash over you with an airdash (trying to do that box crossup),Corp Charge will get you out of the way, and you can get shields up before they even land.

...of course, a Batman jumping at you with a crossup while his trait is out.... I'm not sure what to do with that. I'm a free combo to any Batman that gets close to me with trait active...

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Corp Charge anything that tries to jump on you. Lex's huge, tall frame is what makes Corp Charge so great. If they dash over you with an airdash (trying to do that box crossup),Corp Charge will get you out of the way, and you can get shields up before they even land.

...of course, a Batman jumping at you with a crossup while his trait is out.... I'm not sure what to do with that. I'm a free combo to any Batman that gets close to me with trait active...

I guess I was afraid of doing that because I felt like I would get my inputs mixed up as they crossed over. I'll test it out though.

Batman? you mean, Freecrossupman. That trait is awesome in the Lex MU.

I guess I was afraid of doing that because I felt like I would get my inputs mixed up as they crossed over. I'll test it out though.

Batman? you mean, Freecrossupman. That trait is awesome in the Lex MU.
If they mess up your inputs and you're still holding the last direction required for Corp Charge, you'll be blocking the crossup.

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
I main Lex. He is fun to play and I can give about any character a decent game I feel, long as I don't get zoned out too bad. It's kinda hard to get crossed up. The d2 is quite fast and good imo. Kryptonite suit is okay, but I wish he had that suit on the left side of the Luthor Lab. That thing is glorious. A buff to the orb to come out if you get hit towards the end of the animation would be nice. /2cents

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
So I was practicing back throw into mine combos earlier and noticed that sometimes I get the damage from the throw and sometimes I dont.

For example: Reverse throw into mine, techroll, 1xxMB Tanden, b3, j3, 11xxCorp Charge

It usually does about 37% off the top of my head, but occasionally the throw animation finishes and it ends up doing damage somewhere in the late 40s. Anyone have any idea whats going on and if theres a way to consistently get the higher damage?

Also, reverse throw into mine, techroll, wakeup super does 40%/49% damage and is unclashable. Probably never going to happen in a real match but still pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.