What's new

"Must I Remind You Of My Superiority" -- Lex Luthor General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
what's his fastest move? I never actually checked the frame data I just assumed it was D1. I've been using that as my primary poking tool along with standing 3. I find his standing 3 to be really good maybe you guys have more insight about it but it seems to have even more range than Grundys standing 2, relatively fast and on hit it sends them fullscreen so you can setup traps or trait.

For the trait dash cancel, it seems to me that you need to continue holding the trait a little bit after the dash ends to get to level three. Since I play on a pad it's hard to do anything but block while Im holding the button. What do you typically do after a forward dash cancel trait? Midscreen I've been backdash canceling into probe so I can then go in with probe and full charged trait as cover.

It seems to me that Lexs worst matchups are against characters who can zone effectively since the startup on all his specials is horrendous. How do you guys handle the sinestro and deathstroke matchups?

Sorry for the long post but one last question. Which is the better/more reliable punish D1 > grav pull or 22 > grav pull? I guess 112/113 > grav pull could have it's use as a punish also.

1. corp charge is the fastest move. use it a lot. dont use it brainlessly. it grants all lex setups. d1 and 3 are both great.

2. since you are on pad change to tekken grip perhaps? im a stick player.

3. you must stay on top of them as best you can, patiently wait out the zoning and dash or jump between projectiles. harass them with the threat of j3, cover ground with smart use of corp charge.

4. 22 grav pull for me. or on quick recovery attacks or just reaction punishes use corp charge and trait up into zoning or pressure.

drywall

Noob
Kryptonite suit should come with a buff against superman. All his specials become kryptonite powered attacks and do more damage. And gravity pull should work like tanden engine. Also Lex should have the kryptonite arm laser and shoulder missile pack from story mode. And a divekick and a command grab. But seriously, his reflective shield and instant kill laser from the star lab missions were annoying to fight.

D2 makes doomsday's splash whiff but also whiffs.

But seriously, his reflective shield and instant kill laser from the star lab missions were annoying to fight
For whatever reason those missions we're glitched on my disk and Lex would stop calling the laser but still have armor and was free to move around and attack with armor. Colossal pain in the ass.

I found a bug with the meter-burn gravity mine today, which makes it slightly better in a super-specific situation, but still pretty useless.

I'm 99% sure this is a bug and not something intended to be in there, especially given meter-burn mine is so pathetically useless its understandable maybe no one has noticed.

Here's what I found:

Standing next to the enemy, throw a close mine right under them. The very second they are caught in the mine, do a back+3 launcher. This will as expected take them out of the mine's field, and launch them. As soon as you are done with the back+3 animation, and this will be while your opponent is in mid-air, hit the meter burn button for the mine, the opponent will be launched even further into the air as if they where directly under the mine, and allow you to jump in and continue the combo.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
If I had known about the alternate insurgency skin BEFORE I finished all of those stupid missions...let's just say I would have several hours of my life back. Also, Lex is such a baller during his victory scene.

What's the P2 color on the Kryptonite suit look like?

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
For whatever reason those missions we're glitched on my disk and Lex would stop calling the laser but still have armor and was free to move around and attack with armor. Colossal pain in the ass.
Nope it's suppose to be like that, I made a thread complaining about it because it was near impossible, but I forget how to do it but some members on here helped me in the thread.

Ya alt kryptonite is barely any different, which is the case with almost all of the P2 colors in this game sadly. What are everyone's thoughts on a sentinel colored alt for Lex?
And that's weird about the laser missions I had seen a video of some guy beating it and lex would just stand there until you beat him up enough that's why I thought it was a bug. Oh well

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I cant really think of any costumes Luthor had, in suit, that would be cool.

Orange Lantern Luthor would be cool, only if his weapons and special moves are re-skinned to be translucent orange, you know so they look like constructs.

While looking at some of Lex's suits from the comics, I came across some scans of Lex mind-fucking a waitress. So evil.

Did anyone see any good Lex players at Evo? I was watching streams all day and couldn't find any good Lex's to learn from.

There was only one, who lost to Solomon Grundy... The Lex player just refused to stop using Corp Charge out of nowhere even after it became clear the Grundy player was going to respect it, block it, then punish it. I also don't think he realized how much shields and mines completely shut down grundy's game....

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Did anyone see any good Lex players at Evo? I was watching streams all day and couldn't find any good Lex's to learn from.

There was only one, who lost to Solomon Grundy... The Lex player just refused to stop using Corp Charge out of nowhere even after it became clear the Grundy player was going to respect it, block it, then punish it. I also don't think he realized how much shields and mines completely shut down grundy's game....
Sadly no, I only saw two which were Charles Lightfoot and Alexander McCracken.

I hate to sound like a dick, but this Lex is littered with mistakes!

Sadly no, I only saw two which were Charles Lightfoot and Alexander McCracken.

I hate to sound like a dick, but this Lex is littered with mistakes!
That Lex was at least much better than the Grundy match with McCracken at least. Sinestro is definitely not an easy matchup for Lex, as with any zoner.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
That Lex was at least much better than the Grundy match with McCracken at least. Sinestro is definitely not an easy matchup for Lex, as with any zoner.
It is a hard matchup, but everything he was doing was absolutely wrong! I didn't see any adaptations it was just rush rush rush.

-No setups after a hard knockdown, but dashed in.
-Acted like there are no wakeup attacks in the game.
-Never used trait
-ji2, 2, mine will cause you to eat a wakeup every time, and he only did that when he should do ji2, d2, d3.
-b23 off a mine??? He should have d1 vac mb in to full combo.

I wish we had a video of the grundy match so we could dissect it. I believe McCracken used trait but would only use it to level 1 and eat +25% damage.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Yeah, it's really easy to sit back and say "I coulda done betta" and usually it's people just blowing smoke, but....

I coulda done betta.

(and I'm a fucking scrub compared to half you dudes. Jesus, next year maybe I should pony up for a plane ticket)

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I guess we are being dicks online, but if we were in person we would be trying to help them out with tips. We all have high hopes for this character and want to see him pull through in the tournament scene. I hope I can do decent at Summer Jam =/

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I guess we are being dicks online, but if we were in person we would be trying to help them out with tips. We all have high hopes for this character and want to see him pull through in the tournament scene. I hope I can do decent at Summer Jam =/
Of course. I'm being an ass, but honestly I'm just glad someone tried to push Lex in the most competitive environment there is.

Hopefully we'll see this character grow over the next year.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I posted this in the pm thing but I went all lex at evo. I got 25th losing 2-1 in winners to kdz and a very close 2-1 in losers to gridman. Gridman bodied me the first game and the first 80% of the second game until I started running it back and lost the third game with around 20% each ;_; I wish it was recorded but sadly no one did and they didn't put any of my matches on stream.

It is a hard matchup, but everything he was doing was absolutely wrong! I didn't see any adaptations it was just rush rush rush.

-No setups after a hard knockdown, but dashed in.
-Acted like there are no wakeup attacks in the game.
-Never used trait
-ji2, 2, mine will cause you to eat a wakeup every time, and he only did that when he should do ji2, d2, d3.
-b23 off a mine??? He should have d1 vac mb in to full combo.

I wish we had a video of the grundy match so we could dissect it. I believe McCracken used trait but would only use it to level 1 and eat +25% damage.
Actually, I wasn't aware ji2, 2 mine was so wakeup vulnerable... I never use ji2, 2 mine, but when I saw him using it, I assumed my own combo must be inferior and I should adapt that.

Generally, I finish up my combo-to-setup with jump-in+3, 1,1, mine.

Is that safe or am I asking to eat a wakeup as well?

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I think there might be a possibility. Ever since they made wakeups easy I feel like its all very unsafe except with d2 or hard knock down.

Whether wakeups are easy to do or hard to do probably shouldnt recategorize something as safe/punishable.

Was kinda ridiculous they were so hard to input in the first place...

I tested the 11 to mine as an air combo ender, and the safety of it definitely varies, but MUCH more safe than 22mine or 2 mine. 11 puts the opponent higher in the air, and has a smaller recovery.

Also, though I havent used this much, im starting to find it extremely useful for stage transitions:

Lex has a really fast forward+3 attack, and it can be followed up with an imediate back+3 for extra damage into the stage transition, as well as the extra benefit of basically having a stage transition that's an overhead. When an opponent lands in the corner, rushing him down with a dash canceled trait then meter burning that forward three basically means you have 2 hits worth of armor, meaning your pretty much perfectly safe if the mb f3 is blocked, you still get a free 50/50 since you dont need to follow up with b3.

Im sure the f3 to b3 was known, but after watching Evo, I feel stage transitions are sorely underused....

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
stage transitions are under used because they scale badly and often dont result in max corner damage. lex is strong in the corner and you dont always want to let them out for a simple 35%

Status
Not open for further replies.