What's new

Question - Demolition Multi Grenade on screen tech

No way, 5-5 at least or even in Demolitions favor. Tell your friend to level up.
No his really good, but Kitana can armor out the overhead low, zone her out and get to block the nade, better spacing, you need to fight a better Kitana thats all. Kitana 6/4 all her vatiations.

No his really good, but Kitana can armor out the overhead low, zone her out and get to block the nade, better spacing, you need to fight a better Kitana thats all. Kitana 6/4 all her vatiations.
The gap between the overhead and low (b14) has been a day 1 "Oh, this is a huge weakness of Sonya", but it has never come to fruition.

It hasn't hurt Sonya as much as people expected for a reason. Armoring out of it is a total b*** and might as well be as risky as blocking. b1 is 11 frames, and the low comes riiiiiight after. You can armor out of it if you are 100% expecting it and have good reflexes, but even then it's not a given.

As for Kitana, I wouldn't even say Demo is her best variation against Kitana. I think it's clearly Special Forces because Kitana actually gets outzoned like crazy in this matchup.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
The gap between the overhead and low (b14) has been a day 1 "Oh, this is a huge weakness of Sonya", but it has never come to fruition.

It hasn't hurt Sonya as much as people expected for a reason. Armoring out of it is a total b*** and might as well be as risky as blocking. b1 is 11 frames, and the low comes riiiiiight after. You can armor out of it if you are 100% expecting it and have good reflexes, but even then it's not a given.

As for Kitana, I wouldn't even say Demo is her best variation against Kitana. I think it's clearly Special Forces because Kitana actually gets outzoned like crazy in this matchup.
Agreed. I hardly ever see people armor through B14 or do a backdash. Most people fuzzy guard. I also agree that SF is better vs Kitana than Demo. SF's zoning is real. I think Sonya is underrated in general. Between her F2-on-it into guaranteed 121, her B14, and her B33 starters, safe ex-ring toss on block, etc.. she's pretty awesome.

The one with the drone? I havnt played vs that variation, I know for fact she beats the other 2 variations, the overhead is the way to go at mid range because the low will just wiff.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Oh man. I just look at Gustavness's 44% meterless corner combo with safe reload (no wall bounce needed) on his youtube page. I really think this is a game changer for Demo. This is big. Personally, I think this should be front-paged, but that's just my opinion. I wonder what the maximum amount of grenades is that you can use in one combo.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Oh man. I just look at Gustavness's 44% meterless corner combo with safe reload (no wall bounce needed) on his youtube page. I really think this is a game changer for Demo. This is big. Personally, I think this should be front-paged, but that's just my opinion. I wonder what the maximum amount of grenades is that you can use in one combo.
I thought i made that vid unlisted....oh well. You got to sneak a peek at one of my clips lol

In response to your other question, the answer is 9 grenades (this includes three from ex grenades while your continuing to combo) but that requires the wall bounce stage, otherwise 8. At that point gravity is like instantaneous drop.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

B14 can be made gapless anyway at the right range. So unless she starts being put more on the radar you can pretty much expect that it will almost never be armored/backdashed.

Link?

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021

Lol Gustavness, you did not make this private :p I saw this within an hour of you listing it. Seriously, using negative edge to have more than one grenade at a time on the screen is really smart. I don't know if this puts her in S tier category (at least not yet perhaps), but this definitely makes her corner game considerably better.

My only problem with having negative edge ON is that I'll sometimes get an Arch Kick when I intend to get a DB1 grenade. I just need to practice my timing. I think that's why I turned it OFF in the first place.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Sonya is an S tier character made up of three 3 A tier variations.

In other words, Sonya is a Megazord.... Or Voltron.... Im a power rangers guy so imma say Megazord.

Demo loses some matchups really goddam hard. Reptile just won't let you reload nades. Other matchups have similar issues, but her other variations take care of it.

Voltron > megazord

i will respectfully throw, and then shake hands on this with you.

lol

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
That Demolition is quite possibly S-tier?

I'm new to the Sonya forums, and I don't post on TYM often. My last few threads were for Sorcerer Quan, and I posted such amazing tech that I was chased off and belittled by many of their frequent posters, and now they use my tech and claim it as their own...
And so, the biggest lie ever on TYM was told this day.

You were in fact called out because you said "I get annoyed watching other Sorcerer players because they don't play him properly, here's my totally unpractical tech off a f2122 that will never hit in the neutral, then also spending a bar on your combos and giving them a chance to wakeup instead of restanding them for no meter and a little bit less damage." Having no credibility whatsoever and being very confrontational and smarmy to everybody else that disagreed with you.

I knew you were delusional, but come on man.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
@PND_Ketchup

Ive always been polite to you ketchup. I watch you play, root for you, and enjoy your commentary. I dont understand what your issue with me is. All i ever said to you was that i disagree with the combos you do, and how you approach the chip portal in the corner.

With that said, im willing to bet every Sorcerer that plays uses my midscreen chip portal/uppercut tech. You even put it in your guide. When i watch other quan players i see my corner flowchart.

I stopped posting and switched characters. I appreciate you chasing me down in other forums, but the rest of my undiscovered sorcerer tech stays with me :-D

At this point, id rather keep this off the forum. Please PM me instead if you want to talk/hash it out

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
@PND_Ketchup

Ive always been polite to you ketchup. I watch you play, root for you, and enjoy your commentary. I dont understand what your issue with me is. All i ever said to you was that i disagree with the combos you do, and how you approach the chip portal in the corner.

With that said, im willing to bet every Sorcerer that plays uses my midscreen chip portal/uppercut tech. You even put it in your guide. When i watch other quan players i see my corner flowchart.

I stopped posting and switched characters. I appreciate you chasing me down in other forums, but the rest of my undiscovered sorcerer tech stays with me :-D

At this point, id rather keep this off the forum. Please PM me instead if you want to talk/hash it out
I didn't chase you down, I actually saw your video before I saw the thread and thought it was super interesting. It was your ridiculous remark about the sorcerer players (I.E me) that irked me.

My point is, if your video had commentary where you say "I get angry seeing other demolition players because they all use her wrong and should use my tech", and then had Scar coming into the thread and calling you out on it because he didn't agree, we would be in the same situation.

Your tech is very interesting, but you need to re-word how you say basically everything, because it just makes you look like A. a complete liar, and B. a jackass.

I won't clog up this thread with my beef any more.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

Lol Gustavness, you did not make this private :p I saw this within an hour of you listing it. Seriously, using negative edge to have more than one grenade at a time on the screen is really smart. I don't know if this puts her in S tier category (at least not yet perhaps), but this definitely makes her corner game considerably better.

My only problem with having negative edge ON is that I'll sometimes get an Arch Kick when I intend to get a DB1 grenade. I just need to practice my timing. I think that's why I turned it OFF in the first place.
Oh I didn't take into account the damage padding. I thought the bigger damage was due to some optimisation within the juggle.

DeftMonk

Noob
you need to re-word how you say basically everything, because it just makes you look like A. a complete liar, and B. a jackass.
Ya Gustav, props on finding this tech. Obviously you are a very smart individual and the community thanks you for these contributions but if you continue to introduce yourself in a thread like this: "Hi i used to use quan chi but i was so good people didn't want me to play with them...I have been using sonya for 5 minutes, look how awesome I am!" It will not benefit you in any way. If your post just said "new possible sonya tech...thoughts?" It would be much more beneficial.
This tech: A+, possible S tier. Poster's attitude: Jason Tier.

I thought i made that vid unlisted....oh well. You got to sneak a peek at one of my clips lol
Your tech is very interesting, but you need to re-word how you say basically everything, because it just makes you look like A. a complete liar, and B. a jackass.

I won't clog up this thread with my beef any more.
Gotta agree with Ketchup here. The tone so far of this thread is weirdly annoying, like "omg mai tech so good can't show u gais"

Aizen posted how to actually do the combos you posted in your own thread before you did... Let that sink in... This thread feels less about tech and more about attention grabbing.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I agree with the above posts. Tech is highly appreciate, but enough drama. Let's get back on track and break Sonya. The tech itself is attention-grabbing.

I'm not getting this negative edge stuff, every time I try to reload on the last part the bomb detonates too early, can someone explain to me the exact way to do this? Lol