What's new

Question - Demolition Multi Grenade on screen tech

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
That Demolition is quite possibly S-tier?

I'm new to the Sonya forums, and I don't post on TYM often. My last few threads were for Sorcerer Quan, and I posted such amazing tech that I was chased off and belittled by many of their frequent posters, and now they use my tech and claim it as their own...

I expect you all will likely do the same!

I picked up Demo last week. While I don't get a chance to play that often, I am a lab monster. I intend to make a tech video "soon" of much filthiness and mechanics, but in the meantime i'd like to give you a preview of the type of madness that Sonya can do.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Tomorrow, hopefully people will start to look deeper at whats happening in that video. remember, just a sample ;-)

Like reloading mid combo
And throwing grenades without detonating the grenade already on the screen
And..eh, i'm going to sleep. you figure out the rest :D

cool stuff, but I don't see anything there that takes her to s tier. Just some cool reload combos and a way to trade with armor into combo. Other characters don't need to reload and can just straight up beat armor. Can we get like a PSA for tym to explain what "s tier, broken, and godlike" mean? Still cool though.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yea that double nade thing is suspicious. It's something I've wanted to do since the 2nd patch version when I picked her up but never was able to do so.

I've tried the throw and interactable macros because they technically have 1(Front Punch) in them but that doesn't work.

If anyone else could figure this out or OP decides to share it'd be great.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
cool stuff, but I don't see anything there that takes her to s tier. Just some cool reload combos and a way to trade with armor into combo. Other characters don't need to reload and can just straight up beat armor. Can we get like a PSA for tym to explain what "s tier, broken, and godlike" mean? Still cool though.
I see what he means by S tier. It looks reaaaally promising actually. Sonya mains understand what this means, but of course, this is just at a glance.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Nice stuff man! I just started maining Sonya today and this looks like great stuff to add to my repertoire. Please tag me when you upload the video.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Hey man this is really cool and opens up a lot of possibilities. The midscreen is likely not very viable or optimal (normal bnbs do more dmg and still allow for reloads), but the corner thing I will definitely look in to and try to find setups. Thanks for sharing!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Don't really see how this makes her S tier considering you're pretty unlikely to get out two raw grenades but it looks cool lol. Also B14 isn't a hard knockdown any more so that setup might need an adjustment to help with tech rolling opponents.

Sonya is an S tier character made up of three 3 A tier variations.

In other words, Sonya is a Megazord.... Or Voltron.... Im a power rangers guy so imma say Megazord.

Demo loses some matchups really goddam hard. Reptile just won't let you reload nades. Other matchups have similar issues, but her other variations take care of it.