What's new

Question - Demolition Multi Grenade on screen tech

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
21:47 AyaseChihayaa: @pakostevens, dont even dare nerfing the sonya new tech
21:49 pakostevens: check has a video with those sonya combos from last year
pakostevens:grenades have already changed some months ago for other reasons which will make sense at a later date

IT MEANS IT WONT BE ADJUSTED BOYS, RIGHT?

Jolt

Uprise
21:47 AyaseChihayaa: @pakostevens, dont even dare nerfing the sonya new tech
21:49 pakostevens: check has a video with those sonya combos from last year
pakostevens:grenades have already changed some months ago for other reasons which will make sense at a later date

IT MEANS IT WONT BE ADJUSTED BOYS, RIGHT?
Sounds like it.

Also, for other reasons that will make sense at a later date....I'm guessing they're reusing her grenade code for Triborg/Cyrax? Ayyyyy.

So, if it's not getting adjusted, can we uhhh...you know...get some of that non-negative edge tech? I can't b14 explosive grenade with negative edge on because I'm a scrub :(

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yea so just to contrast the illuminaty chat I created, the non Negative Edge counterpart to this is to simply replace Stun(Hold 1), 4 xx Reload(Negative Edge) with Stun, wait for Sonya to recover, Reload by detonating. The rest is the same. Also, NJP is mandatory in the non Negative Edge version and the mid-screen hybrid to corner can't be done.

EDIT: Video
B332 Starter adds 2%, 121 xx Reload Ender shaves off 6%

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yea so just to contrast the illuminaty chat I created, the non Negative Edge counterpart to this is to simply replace Stun(Hold 1), 4 xx Reload(Negative Edge) with Stun, wait for Sonya to recover, Reload by detonating. The rest is the same. Also, NJP is mandatory in the non Negative Edge version and the mid-screen hybrid to corner can't be done.

@Jer

Reactions: Jer

Jolt

Uprise

You are, in fact, the real MVP. I don't appreciate my failure to be added to the illuminati though

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I must have missed that. Care to be a share bear, Jer? #DARHYMEZOMG
You got it chief, this is right from @Gustavness

1. after the first stun grenade, NJP, throw second stun grenade.
2. at that point, wait for her to recover from the animation of lobbing the 2nd grenade. You are going to detonate that grenade by actually throwing another grenade (almost as if you are cancelling it) and holding the button. Make sure that second grenade hit happens low to the ground
3. hit 4, release 1 (very quickly) while hitting down,down. you are not using Negative edge for grenades, you are using it to cancel your normal into the reload

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I've been messing around with something very similar to what's posted above, but with B4+frag grenade for oki rather than B33+shock grenade.

I find it easier to go with B4 because it's only 10 frames, whereas B3 is 14.

spliti

Noob

Shit is hard. I just can't get it to land. Damn.

spliti

Noob
I'm trying to do the non neg edge version that Aizen posted above and I can't land the 4 after the reload.

It's just b14, sg, njp, sg, sg, reload, 4, sg, etc...

Someone help me. Am I missing something here or am I just bad?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I'm trying to do the non neg edge version that Aizen posted above and I can't land the 4 after the reload.

It's just b14, sg, njp, sg, sg, reload, 4, sg, etc...

Someone help me. Am I missing something here or am I just bad?
In nearly all Demolition combos whenever I'm not confident that 4 will hit, I almost always replace it with 21. It's faster and pops up the opponent more.

Dedlock

Noob
Can anybody experiment with F4, it has her biggest cancelation window in comparison to all her normals?

In Covert Ops I prefer it over B334 as the damage is the same and it's stable, how does it fare with the new demo tech?