What's new

Discussion Most Interesting Matchups?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Balanced vs spectral? I haven't witnessed that before but can only imagine it being tough for kenshi?
Actually no, Balanced does pretty well. Better backwards walkspeed, armoured launcher to get through the gap between the hits in the soul ascension string, teleflurry hits him out of the air and Ermac can't react to it with teleport beforehand. It forces him to play on the ground where he's slower, it's fun :)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I also think Predator vs Sub-Zero is a cool one. Even though the matchup it's self is abysmal, if Sub-Zero gets him in the corner he suddenly becomes Chris Hansen because Subby is about to catch a Predator. It's hard to get him there, but it feels so gratifying and rewarding to get him there. If it freezes, we can kill it.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ronin Takeda vs Special Forces Sonya.

I played this for the first time yesterday and it was hella fun.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I also think Predator vs Sub-Zero is a cool one. Even though the matchup it's self is abysmal, if Sub-Zero gets him in the corner he suddenly becomes Chris Hansen because Subby is about to catch a Predator. It's hard to get him there, but it feels so gratifying and rewarding to get him there. If it freezes, we can kill it.
I happen to main subby. I also happened to play against predator. Its true that subby can corner him, only if he is being careful against predator. The problem is predators ex dash thrust. The bad match is his warrior and its crazy invisible traps there. Got brutalitied there.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Any Kano vs. any Kotal Kahn

Sun God vs. Commando
War God vs. Cutthroat
Blood God vs. Cybernetic

Personally, I love the Kotal match-up too.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I happen to main subby. I also happened to play against predator. Its true that subby can corner him, only if he is being careful against predator. The problem is predators ex dash thrust. The bad match is his warrior and its crazy invisible traps there. Got brutalitied there.
Warrior is fine, HQT murders us though.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Reptile vs GM is fun. Cant just doomsday rushdown gotta think lol.

My favourite interesting matchup is Summoner vs Ferra/torr (any variation).
It feels like a 9-1 matchup at full screen but then it flips once we get in. Zonings hard with run, but what happens when u vs a character with slower run speed than Bo forward dash :p

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I dunno about "most interesting", but Cyrax vs Balanced Kenshi feels a lot like MK9 and gives me that nostalgia vibe.

loogie

Noob
Balanced vs Spectral is a lot of fun
Piercing vs Blood God
Grandmaster vs Stunt Double
Bone Shaper vs WarGod
Bone Shaper vs Covert Ops
Grandmaster vs Killer (I find this a very hard matchup for Subzero btw)

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Lasher takeda vs. A-list Johnny cage.
I find this match up extremely interesting and fun because it relies HEAVILY on the lasher players ability to space you out. Since you need to be in a VERY specific range to do well in the match up. But once you are in that space a-list cannot do shit to make it in, you have to try and keep that spacing for the whole match or you are completely fucked.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Low tier vs. Low tier
Because low tier characters are fun to play with. You don't get to watch/play low tier matches a lot and I'm sick and tired of watching people bailing themselves out by switching to Alien.

loogie

Noob
Why is that? Iv found Leatherface as a whole to be pretty free.
I play a very expert killer player with grandmaster ... he has normal reaching beyond clone with b2 and d4, and he does crazy pressure upclose with poke into stance cancels
his saw spin move which I think is db1 2 goes through clone as well
does stance cancels to negate clone throws and recovers very quickly
high damage into restand combo for mixup
its very hard for me
I'll post some vids next time I play the matchup

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Yeah, Killer is super solid. Weve got a good killer in Australia, except hes moving to the EU this week so rip that, maybe youll see him in a future EU tourney or ESL :p