What's new

"Mortal Kombat X" Reveal Trailer & Press Release! New Characters, New Game Modes and More Koming!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I kinda wish they had better costumes, instead of slightly upgraded color swaps though. I like Scorpion's Injustice costume. It really made the character look awesome.Leave the boring color swaps for the Klassic Kostumes.

I want ice to be growing on Sub Zero,

I want Scorpion to look like an actual Scorpion, with his sword blades as the claws and his kuni as the stinger

I want an amorphous stream of souls under Ermac's robes. No body or anything, but an actual ghostly-green vortex of souls.

I want Smoke's skin to be stained with charcoal,

I want Noob Saibot's to look like he's covered in slowly-dripping tar and ink.

Character costumes that really bring out the character. Leave the color-swap ninja outfits for the people who cling to nostalgia. I want awesome designs.
The costumes were different from each other and scorpion has the hood look from injustice going on...

Scorpion being a scorpion would be retarded.

No problem with the other suggestions though. :)

coolwhip

Noob
1) Sup guys :)

2) The community has started already -- Gets MK10; complains about the music in the reveal trailer. The salt is real, let's GO!!

3) This looks like gameplay to me (at least in part). In IGAU they took gameplay, removed the lifebars, changed the camera angles and made cuts to be more cinematic.

If that's the case, it looks different, slower and more realistic. Who knows though, anything is possible.
See my above post.

And I'm legitimately surprised people actually thought this was gameplay. Way too many parries/counters/borderline grappling to look like gameplay.

Jon Berg

Noob
So interactables, awful music choice, and even this CGI trailer has stiff animations like mk9. Color me unimpressed.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
See my above post.

And I'm legitimately surprised people actually thought this was gameplay. Way too many parries/counters/borderline grappling to look like gameplay.
Parries, throws and command grabs tend to look slow and cinematic in MK9/Injustice though. I think it's still too early to rule anything out :)

Super excited! Scorpion's design is awesome, I seriously hope that the forest stage is in the game, looks perfect.

Time for dat hype train!

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Fueled by next-gen technology, Mortal Kombat X combines unparalleled, cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever. For the first time ever, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy.

Wuzzat?

One thing I saw in the trailer that I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT- is the environment to act to the presence of the characters.

Ice and frost forming on the trees as Sub Zero walked by.

Embers and fire singing the environment as Scorpion approached.

OMG YES.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
See my above post.

I think it was the zoomed out camera angle that looked similar to an in-game vantage.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I suppose with it being on 'next gen' it will be running on a new engine, and therefore lose some of the engine related issues. Fingers crossed.