What's new

"Mortal Kombat X" Reveal Trailer & Press Release! New Characters, New Game Modes and More Koming!

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
Am I the only one who liked the trailer, music and all? I get that fresh, new feeling from it. I'm so hype right now. Then again, I'm not a huge rap aficionado so I don't know if it's a "bad" rap or not.

Cool_Prizes

Angry Joshua
One thing I saw in the trailer that I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT- is the environment to act to the presence of the characters.

Ice and frost forming on the trees as Sub Zero walked by.

Embers and fire singing the environment as Scorpion approached.

OMG YES.
That would be perfectly fine....But not interactables.
People are really fucking retarded to think this is at all real gameplay

sn1kzZe

Noob
No point crying about music now but they should have followed what battlefield theme was for the new game, take the classic track and mix it with some WUBWUB + symphony = gg

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
Char specific stage interactables see how sub absorbs the snow then it goes away after meaning he can only do it if he is on snow maybe.

But this looks great cant wait to see some more footage :)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
TYM, get ready to be starved for information over the next year like you're on the boat in Life of Pi. Get ready for lovable Ed Boon descriptions of game mechanics. Get ready for Paulo dropping teasers in stream chat. Get ready for Tester Advantage. Get ready for me to make an appearance again to bring you details.

And most of all, get ready for Mortal Kombat!!!!

That would be perfectly fine....But not interactables.
People are really fucking retarded to think this is at all real gameplay
Let's not say "no interactibles" as if they would 100% be a bad thing.

Just because they didn't work out awesome in Injustice doesn't mean NRS can't make them work. And interactibles are NOT new to Mortal Kombat. They were in Deadly Alliance.

If interactibles are bad in Injustice, blame the broken tracking, ridiculous damage, or the DLC characters that have unilateral control over them (Zod, MMH, Batgirl, Scorpion)

Error

DF2+R2
I kinda wish they had better costumes, instead of slightly upgraded color swaps though. I like Scorpion's Injustice costume. It really made the character look awesome.Leave the boring color swaps for the Klassic Kostumes.
I must be one of the few who didn't like banana costume Scorpion in Injustice. Ermac's already evolved past the palette swap days, he's not even really ninja anymore.