What's new

Mortal Kombat X Character Select Screen

Every character has 3 variations. Especially for Cassie is might be one Johnny style , Sonya style and one her own style. I can not see how this could be lazy mash up. Also as far as i saw the two characters that are ''old school'' have a bunch of moves that are new and cool. I really think that NRS will make this game very , very interesting and many choices should be made before starting a game on high level. I only worry that they might put too many options/styles, etc. and the balance of the game could be hard to obtain... hopefully i am wrong.
classes

I get what you're hinting at, and I've been with Boon and Midway since the early 90s. I don't want it to be like MK9, I want it to be a sequel to MK9. I'm from the group of people that played the entire series, but hated everything between UMK3 and MK9. Just because Ed reimagines MK every couple years doesn't mean some of his ideas don't stink. As of right now, the biggest turn off for me is interactables. MK fans have made it clear since Injustice was being teased that interactables weren't going to fly with a big chunk of the community, yet so many people are getting pissed that the entire forum isn't getting hype for Mortal Kombat: Demi-Gods Among Us. Will it be a hype game, I'm sure, will it be the continued homage to arguably the best game in the series (UMK3), probably not.
I wouldn't say UMK3 was the best game in the series, more like MK2 was. It's like the argument of what was more balanced Street Fighter 2 Hyper Edition or Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Hyper Fighting all day). UMK3 Just added in more people to appease to the player base that didn't like the fact that MK3 was entirely a new cast (or primarily a group of new combatants). I seriously believe if UMK3 was just a balance or a patch, no one would even dare try to say it was the best game (because storyline wise it truly wasn't one of the series best, IMO).

Pearl Monnkey

Mountain Climber
Best Mortal Kombats of all time in order are as follows. Mortal Kombat I was the first game I played (I was 6). All I did was kick with Sonya and I goat to Goro. Then I got raped and quit ;(

Here's as follows:

1) MK9
2) MK Trilogy
3) UMK3
4) MK2
5) MK Armageddon
6) MK4/Gold
7) Rest don't matterrrr!!!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
obvious placeholders tease images in character screen .... anyway, the final roster, since will start with 24 characters, seems to be more or less, I guess : 8 totally new charactes, 8 old school chars (present in MK9) and 8 mixed choices (MK4 + some chars from others MK games as Havik, Li Mei, Sareena, etc)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
As said in the "smoke in mk9" thread, that is a darkened picture of Barack Obama, and since Boon said the character select screen in the demo conais "hints of truth" it's believed that it's a reference to Baraka.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Just watched the post-E3 Giant Bomb discussion with Ed Boon who said that some of the silhouettes are fake and one of them is Barack Obama ... I found that one and also another one:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Dude we found that Rorschach picture literally the day they showed the character select screen.

It was like the first one we found, lol.

If you would just check the first page.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I wonder if they spell out some kind of message? First letter of their names, or something? Who are all of the people shown? I only know some of them.

Skeletor, _______, Emmitt, Christian Bale/Patrick Bateman, Rick James
_______, Keanu Reeves/Neo/Thomas Anderson, Barack Obama, Peter Dinklage, Rorschach, T800, Harry Potter/Daniel Radcliffe, ________, Steve Austin

Marvelnerd

Cyber Smoke #1
Pretty sure that's
I wonder if they spell out some kind of message? First letter of their names, or something? Who are all of the people shown? I only know some of them.

_______, Keanu Reeves/Neo/Thomas Anderson, Barack Obama, Peter Dinklage, Rorschach, T800, Harry Potter/Daniel Radcliffe, ________, Steve Austin
Dan Forden, Riff Raff, Gordon Ramsey

Also pretty sure the one below Ferra/Torr is Max Payne from the first game.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

All of them besides lego guy, Barack, and Rorschach don't match the stock photos.

We need to keep looking to we find more exact matches.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
All of them besides lego guy, Barack, and Rorschach don't match the stock photos.

We need to keep looking to we find more exact matches.
I was just going to post this but I took your advice and read the thread lol ... Gordon Ramsay sort of looks like the silhouette, not sure though. The only ones that are for sure are lego guy, obama, and rorschach.

Top far left is Noob, then I'm gonna throw this out there and say under him is a Lin Kuei robot (Smoke) and to his right is Havik. Quan Chi is in the far bottom right.
I remember hearing Reepal say in the Aris podcast that he was asking about Noob and Paulo said for him to pick Scorpion variation 3 that has the summon demon specials if he wants Noob. He might not be in the game ;_;

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He was thrown into a swirling vortex of malevolent spirits, that then exploded violently.

He was either cleansed of his wraith goop in that soulnado and is now Subzero again, or he's just dead.