What's new

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter, Teased. We Know.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm for it :), even if there's two different versions.

Either that like what they're doing with SFxTekken and TekkenxSF

or

Both NRS and SF team work together on a "new" 2D engine that incorporates things from both games and Capcom being a bit open with the blood, maybe not "over the top" as MK alone but not that "watered down" as MK DC either...somewhere in between.

I think it's safe to say despite who's for or against it, it'll sell easy...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
But SFxT is a SF game, from Tekken it's only got character names and art. Tekken is dead in this game, consumed.
Yeah but there's going to be 2 different versions of the game. The current one is by Capcom and from what top players have said is 90% SF 10% Tekken. The other version is going to be in 3D and I assume just the opposite.

This could be done the same way for MK vs SF if it's successful. There's always a way regardless.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yeah but there's going to be 2 different versions of the game. The current one is by Capcom and from what top players have said is 90% SF 10% Tekken. The other version is going to be in 3D and I assume just the opposite.

This could be done the same way for MK vs SF if it's successful. There's always a way regardless.
This is why I don't get why people are so opposed to the idea. It's not like MK and SF won't release their own standalone games; what's the problem? The casuals can still get the blood and guts and held back competitive play/scene.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

Cool. I didn't know that.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
A lot of people gives a fuck about fatalities and blood. MK is MK and much of his success comes from his unique atmosphere...take out the gore, and the game is going to sell low. Doesn't really matter if it has great gameplay or the resets are out, competitive players are only a small percentage of the ones who purchase the game and the average customer cares more about Goro being playable or cutting Sonya's head in 2.
You're right, that's why I'm saying what does it matter if MK vs SF is released? NRS aren't stupid, they know they have a casual audience, they also know that they can get away with MUCH lower standards because frankly; they're too stupid to care. NRS can just shell out some piece of crap like the 3D games to satisfy those kids. Capcom would be able to satisfy the competitive players.

The casuals will still buy it, anyways. They bought MKvsDC and there's no blood in that; I don't get your argument.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
You're right, that's why I'm saying what does it matter if MK vs SF is released? NRS aren't stupid, they know they have a casual audience, they also know that they can get away with MUCH lower standards because frankly; they're too stupid to care. NRS can just shell out some piece of crap like the 3D games to satisfy those kids. Capcom would be able to satisfy the competitive players.

The casuals will still buy it, anyways. They bought MKvsDC and there's no blood in that; I don't get your argument.
I don't know the exact numbers, but I don't think MKvsDC sold as much as MK9. My argument is that blood and gore is very important for MK, and should be present in every future game of the series if NRS wants to sell good.

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
THE ONLY EXCEPTION SHOULD BE MK VS. KILLER INSTINCT THAT WOULD BE A TRUE MASTERPIECE...

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i cant really believe the negativity this attracts. for real, i just took a look at some articles about this posted in blogs and its mostly "HURR DURR HOW COULD THIS WORK? COULDNT POSSIBLY BENEFIT EITHER FRANCHISE!!"

how the fuck wouldnt it benefit either franchise? for a start all the street fighter cocksuckers would eat that shit up because it has a capcom stamp on it. you know this. deep down they also know this. and the animosity between MK and SF is way more fiery than SF and Tekken. i can only imagine sf players would be chomping at the bit to 'show us how to really fight' or some other retarded reason. how many of you sf haters would like to beat down on the MK haters?

anyone who thinks the playstyles are too different are also wrong. you guys musnt play either SF or Tekken. you obviously dont understand how crazy-different the engines are from each other, and thats ignoring the fact one is in a 3d plane. but sf x tk has had nothing but universal acclaim from critics and pro players alike. never heard of sacrifice? you guys want mortal kombat 9 pt 2 feat. street fighter.

i have grown up with mk and sf in my life since i first started gaming. both have been a huge part in my life. this is potentially a fantasy match up come true. people crying "but it wouldnt be mk!" guess what? youre right! its not mk! its something different. we have mk. it rules. it will last another year or two minimum, but you cant play one game exclusively forever.

as far as i can see, theres the kids who wont play because the gore would be lesser, no fatalities, whatever - then there's the adults who look at it as potentially another amazing different exciting possibility, we view it as another game to become excellent at, another game featuring our favourite characters, another game we can master and compete at, another game to further expose MK to not only rival fighting scenes, but to entire fucking countries - japan, taiwan, malaysia, singapore.

seriously guys, stop the hate, celebrate, for real you feel me?

and fuck my spelling errors i post from my iphone and dint give a fuck

Sasuga

Noob
I don't know the exact numbers, but I don't think MKvsDC sold as much as MK9. My argument is that blood and gore is very important for MK, and should be present in every future game of the series if NRS wants to sell good.
MKvsDC never seemed interesting to me for some reason. I hardly even noticed there was no blood.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i cant really believe the negativity this attracts. for real, i just took a look at some articles about this posted in blogs and its mostly "HURR DURR HOW COULD THIS WORK? COULDNT POSSIBLY BENEFIT EITHER FRANCHISE!!"

how the fuck wouldnt it benefit either franchise? for a start all the street fighter cocksuckers would eat that shit up because it has a capcom stamp on it. you know this. deep down they also know this. and the animosity between MK and SF is way more fiery than SF and Tekken. i can only imagine sf players would be chomping at the bit to 'show us how to really fight' or some other retarded reason. how many of you sf haters would like to beat down on the MK haters?

anyone who thinks the playstyles are too different are also wrong. you guys musnt play either SF or Tekken. you obviously dont understand how crazy-different the engines are from each other, and thats ignoring the fact one is in a 3d plane. but sf x tk has had nothing but universal acclaim from critics and pro players alike. never heard of sacrifice? you guys want mortal kombat 9 pt 2 feat. street fighter.

i have grown up with mk and sf in my life since i first started gaming. both have been a huge part in my life. this is potentially a fantasy match up come true. people crying "but it wouldnt be mk!" guess what? youre right! its not mk! its something different. we have mk. it rules. it will last another year or two minimum, but you cant play one game exclusively forever.

as far as i can see, theres the kids who wont play because the gore would be lesser, no fatalities, whatever - then there's the adults who look at it as potentially another amazing different exciting possibility, we view it as another game to become excellent at, another game featuring our favourite characters, another game we can master and compete at, another game to further expose MK to not only rival fighting scenes, but to entire fucking countries - japan, taiwan, malaysia, singapore.

seriously guys, stop the hate, celebrate, for real you feel me?

and fuck my spelling errors i post from my iphone and dint give a fuck
I play MK because of the unique style of the game and i don't like SF at all,i wouldn't like something 10%MK 90% SF or 90% MK 10% SFas much as i'd like a 100% MK game,that doesn't make me a kid,it makes me have an opinion.

If i could choose between MK10 and MK vs SF i'd take the first,i'm enjoying the story and series very much,i wouldn't want NRS to stall MK10 because of SF.