What's new

Mortal Kombat Scorpion's Revenge - Review (Spoilers at the botttom)

ah...good old Street Fighter 2. It’s a classic...seen it atleast 20 times. The animation, the fights, the music. It’s all top notch. That’s another 9/10. One issue I have always had with that movie is the lack of a real story...it’s just a series of fights but it’s fun af. I wasn’t a big fan of the animation quality of Scorpion’s Revenge at first but it grew on me. The fight scenes were really well done.
It was very good. One of the few japanese animated movies i prefere english dubbed. The fighting animations are still one of the best.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Oh God …

Oh man, oh God ...

Oh man, oh God, oh man oh God, oh man oh God OH MAN!!!

DID THAT SUCK!!

That was the stupidest, fuckingest horriblest MK product I ever had the displeasure of suffering from.

This was utter, complete horseshit. Dogshit. Fuck. This shit.

I don't - I can't - I thought I could … I - I just can't!

It was horrible ... Horrible!

Liu Kang … ? He - … Kitana? barf … Baraka? Reptile? I - I …

And Scorpion … my God, Scorpion. That was the most cringeworthy sucking-off I ever witnessed. This - this is ...

My mind … something's happening to my mind … ? I think - I think the movie broke my mind!

Glah? Is glah a word? My vocab … it's … it's fading away … nnnnh!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~~~~!!!!!

Art Lean

Noob
As I previously asked, how does it compare to The Journey Begins and Defenders of the Realm? Is it any better or worse, or at the same rubbish level?

I give it 7/10. first 2 acts were well done. 3rd was shit. making scorpion the champion was beyond stupid. Anyway, i made a detailed vido review for those interested:

how come the voice actors for sonya and johnny get top billing on end credits? the movie is scorpion's revenge but no big font for patrick? i guess because joel is an actual celebrity and i like joel. good movie though. i like sonya's personality but her swearing feels incredible hamfisted. i wish kung lao was in it. maybe the sequel. i really like raiden's design with the slanted hat. some things felt wasted like baraka and reptile. i see this movie was probably made with the intent of a sequel but mk9 did this better. it was short. like 7-8/10. would i have seen it in theaters? maybe but i didn't pay for it regardless so

i don't know what y'all expected. the movie is called scorpion's revenge and the plot feels kinda phoned in so of course they gave everything to scorpion

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Just finished. This is probably my favorite adaptation of the MK1 story ever. Serious nerdgasm, I absolutely loved it. It wasn’t perfect no, my biggest gripe is Scorpion being god mode the whole movie but they did hype him up to be the main character this time around so I expected as much.
Seriously idc how other people feel about it, it’s a lot of fun and I think the nailed the characters. Love the animation, love the voice work, love the score. I’d personally give it an 8/10.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Each time they revisit the MK1-MK3 era they manage to seriously shit on some of our beloved classic characters. This time it was Liu Kang and Jax who got shat on the worst. My condolences to their fans.

I know NRS loves to jerk off to Scorpion, but this was too much. And when he performed Sub-Zero's fatality at the end. Jesus, no respect for other characters and their fans at all... They don't even respect Sub-FUCKING-Zero! Then what can fans of less popular characters expect?

So, was this like the 567413484th version of the MK1-MK3 story? If a friend were to ask me what's going on in MK, what's the story, I wouldn't even know what to tell... XD

EDIT: I enjoyed the music though. So there's a plus...

Art Lean

Noob
I think mk fans are kind of like Star Wars fans. Hard to please.
And I do believe Lawrence Kasanoff declared Mortal Kombat as "Star Wars meets Enter the Dragon" in his pitch to create the Threshold Entertainment multimedia empire around the franchise?

Not that I've seen the new movie, could be utterly terrible, but aside from Annihilation which was utterly devoid of ANY redeeming value, I don't mind the 90s Threshold expanded universe. Quality aside, it often seemed to really have its heart in the right place, it felt like old Larry actually loved the franchise, even if he did try to own Mortal Kombat as a media entity and worst of all, let Annihilation actually exist. We'll peg these two up to delusions of grandeur.

Well seeing as how bad Reptile gets treated and by Sonya whom I already have a low opinion on, I just won't watch it

But what's got me scratching my head is why do they keep putting Baraka in the Earthrealm Tournament? Shaolin Monks did it, MK9, I hear he's in this too, apparently there were gonna be Tarkatans in the original movie but they nixed it.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Reptile— a jobber
Sub-Zero— dies even worse than in the movie
Quan Chi— becomes Shang Tsung’s bitch and then Scorpion’s
Liu Kang— oh my GOD, who the fuck came up with the idea?! Outworld technically won the tournament, there is no Earthrrealm.
Sonya— OP
Cage— Useless
Scorpion— this Scorpion would destroy Fire God Liu Kang and it isn’t a Good thing.
Sonya OP? Looks like my main girl still winning strong!