What's new

Mortal Kombat 8 should have....

We all know Boon said that MK8 will have an all new fighting system. Hopefully it will be much more advanced and be able to actually compete with other great fighters like Soul Calibur and Tekken. It should have...

-Parries. Keep the parries from Armageddon. Its already hard enuff for some characters to get an easy hit, keep that and make it more advanced so that you can parry low hits too.

-More Balance in Combos. Either make the combos have less hits or just cut down on the damage. A juggling system that couldnt enable you to do really cheap combos could be nice, but we'd have to see.

-Wall Stoppers. Well, we all know from watching the MKA and D combo vids that they have some wall glitches that can help you make more powerful combos. They should make it to where when you are comboing someone near a wall or something of that nature, make them actually slam into it so they so you cant completely do your combo to make it more balanced. They did this in DA, but people found out how to do a whole combo while the person is in the air.

-Power up Move. I dont know about this one... Every character could have a power up move and when they do it, the MK Dragon Logo would appear and it would have the attribute or power of the fighter to go along with it. Like Sub-Zero, the Dragon would be made of ice. You get the picture.

-Wake up Game. They did this in Armageddon and it did make a game a little better. They should keep it in the next one and probaly try to atleast personalize it for each character, like in SC. It would reduce 50/50 mix ups by alot.

-Better throw system. Maybe give each character atleast 2 throws each and the opponent should atleast be able to counter them by some certain button configuration.

Fatalities- Hopefully they dont mess this up.... Atleast give 2 to each character but if they do make a really good one, if can just be one.

-Announcer. Id like for them to bring back the announcer's voice after a combo and they would say "Outstanding" or "Superb". That would be nice.

-24 Characters. They should be able to do this easily.

You can add any more suggestions.

MKK hanzo

The most difficult for Midway to acomplish would be GOING BACK TO 2D. Altought this necesarily doesnt mean that we could get a balanced game or a better game.

PauLWaFFleZ said:
-Wall Stoppers. Well, we all know from watching the MKA and D combo vids that they have some wall glitches that can help you make more powerful combos. They should make it to where when you are comboing someone near a wall or something of that nature, make them actually slam into it so they so you cant completely do your combo to make it more balanced. They did this in DA, but people found out how to do a whole combo while the person is in the air.

This would be very unwise. Wall combos have been in MK for almost all of the generations and it would be very dissapointing if they removed this.
The idea is to use strategie to be able to minimize your opponents Attacks, and Defenses. If you can get them cornered in to a wall, not only are they limited to defense, but you have an 35% better offensive game.
Most combos are hard enough to do "Mid Screen" but when you can execute a wall combo you just get a good feeling with those high damaging combos. Its the opponenets fault if you get in a wall combo, so they should suffer the consequence!

But thats just my opinion :wink:

Kazlaz

Noob
TheLord Phoenix UMK3 said:
PauLWaFFleZ said:

This would be very unwise. Wall combos have been in MK for almost all of the generations and it would be very dissapointing if they removed this.
The idea is to use strategie to be able to minimize your opponents Attacks, and Defenses. If you can get them cornered in to a wall, not only are they limited to defense, but you have an 35% better offensive game.
Most combos are hard enough to do "Mid Screen" but when you can execute a wall combo you just get a good feeling with those high damaging combos. Its the opponenets fault if you get in a wall combo, so they should suffer the consequence!

But thats just my opinion :wink:

Holy shit you sound really proper and wil a MK Scholar or somthing lol

New MK NEEDS to go back to being a full fledged 2D game.

Needs too. Or It needs to be so awesome in 3d it makes us forget the other Name 3d Fighters.

Stick to their roots and they'll be fine :wink:

abc ur dead0 said:
New MK NEEDS to go back to being a full fledged 2D game.

Needs too. Or It needs to be so awesome in 3d it makes us forget the other Name 3d Fighters.

Stick to their roots and they'll be fine :wink:
2nd that.

I was playing MKA the other day and all I wanted to do is play UMK3 :D

MK8

:roll: Does anyone here really believe that just Midway making MK 2D again would make the game better? I mean come on... You cant possibly tell me that they can make it better than UMK3. Just stick with what they have. I love what they did with most of the levels and I LOVED some of the great costumes they gave to most of the characters. Id like to see and 3D MK that people with skill actually play, not just casual. All they need to do is make the fighting system much more balanced and skillful and add some other cool stuff and and try not to mess up the game. As for the wall combos, I think that the wall combos in Deception were really gay and very boring to watch in Destruction... It would make it much more realistic if they do what I suggested. I dont think Midway can get away with making casual MK's anymore. The series has started to die off because of Armageddon and they need to make another series saver like Deadly Alliance. And to do that, the game needs to appeal to ALL fighting game fans, not just casual ones.

Whats with people wanting games to be Realistic? I mean its a Video Game, not a simulator! If you want realisticism get into a real fight... i bet i can do a few wall combos on you :wink:

Re: MK8

PauLWaFFleZ said:
:roll: Does anyone here really believe that just Midway making MK 2D again would make the game better? I mean come on... You cant possibly tell me that they can make it better than UMK3. Just stick with what they have. I love what they did with most of the levels and I LOVED some of the great costumes they gave to most of the characters. Id like to see and 3D MK that people with skill actually play, not just casual. All they need to do is make the fighting system much more balanced and skillful and add some other cool stuff and and try not to mess up the game. As for the wall combos, I think that the wall combos in Deception were really gay and very boring to watch in Destruction... It would make it much more realistic if they do what I suggested. I dont think Midway can get away with making casual MK's anymore. The series has started to die off because of Armageddon and they need to make another series saver like Deadly Alliance. And to do that, the game needs to appeal to ALL fighting game fans, not just casual ones.
I agree with some of it. I Certainly dont think It will hurt to Try making the Game in 2D again.

Way I see it, If Its as unbalanced as MKT, Its better than all 3 3D fighters.

your whole thread is wrong talkin about parries ,power ups, wall shit etc.etc.

we need something NEW. A new game that doesnt even slightly resembles the 3 3-d games. Were done with that era, not only the games also the brokeness and unsafe move fest. :roll:

I think that when Boon was talking about how they're trashing everything, I really think they're gonna make a more competitive play type game. Something that people will actually want to make tourneys out of. Boon likes to play Tekken, Virtua Fighter, and some other good fighting games. Maybe he should take all the best qualities from those games and add our favorite characters specials moves and stuff in and that'll be MK8. I would really love to see a Soul Calibur type game though...

Who here thinks Boon and the boys should make a Tekken like or just a more advanced, fluid fighting system? I really think thats what they need to do. Boon said something about how he loves Tekken and its his favorite game, but he doesnt want to make that type of fighter for MK becuase he thinks casual gamers would turn it down cuz its too hard to get into and learn everything. The thing about it is, the only 2 fighting games that people make tourneys out of that have basic systems are MvsC2 and Super Smash Bros. Melee. Those 2 games are hella fun, but MK isnt like that anymore. They should just go ahead and make it like that....

Honestly, how many good 2D fighters are out there any more? Come on. Why are Tekken, Dead or Alive, and Soul Calibur so good? They're 3D fighters. What do they have that MK doesnt have? An actual fighting system. MK's fighting system is too damn basic and the juggles are too powerful and thats what leads to the brokenness that we see today. You dont see any of that kind of stuff in games that have great fighting systems like that ones above. If it werent for the brokenness, would we be saying that the 3D's suck right now?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If they don't do what other 3D fighting games have done successfully for YEARS, then MK8 will be trash like the last 3. MKD was fun though :wink:

Well, I've just been thinking about this, but Boon did say that they're throwing alot of the old things and and starting brand new. MK did appeal to the masses and casual people, but high level fighters hated it becuase its too basic and easy. I really believe that Midway might be going to a much more indepth and deep fighting system. Who knows, they might add a circular direction format for making moves, like in Street Fighter. Maybe we wont even see the type of combos and juggling system that we see now, it'll probaly be limited to like 5 hits or something.

I think all this talk of going back to 2D is silly because nothing in a million years is going to top UMK3. Also games like Tekken 5 and SC3 and VF4: Evo etc. are part of 3D series' that have been running for years with refinements and refinements to their fighting systems in each game. A 3D mk that borrows liberally from these games will NO WAY be able to top them with out taking 5 years as they have. I think what will save the Mk series is the only thing that any new fighting system can have to survive. A new idea, i thought that the 3 styles thing was a good new idea that could save the series but they fucked that up so lets hope they have another great new idea and they develop it properly and they get the basic foundation for 3D fighting games right and test the game propery. For example I think they could seriously develop their special moves system and embedd it into their chain combo system not have them extreamly sperate like they do currenty, all other 3D fighters are basically exclusively martial arts and have no fireballs, spears etc. And I think they would take 3D fighting to a whole new level if done right. If Midway did something like this for MK8 did this it would be awesome.

P.S. Sorry if this post was hard to understand, I have trouble putting my thoughts into words

TheImmortalMan said:
I think all this talk of going back to 2D is silly because nothing in a million years is going to top UMK3. Also games like Tekken 5 and SC3 and VF4: Evo etc. are part of 3D series' that have been running for years with refinements and refinements to their fighting systems in each game. A 3D mk that borrows liberally from these games will NO WAY be able to top them with out taking 5 years as they have. I think what will save the Mk series is the only thing that any new fighting system can have to survive. A new idea, i thought that the 3 styles thing was a good new idea that could save the series but they fucked that up so lets hope they have another great new idea and they develop it properly and they get the basic foundation for 3D fighting games right and test the game propery. For example I think they could seriously develop their special moves system and embedd it into their chain combo system not have them extreamly sperate like they do currenty, all other 3D fighters are basically exclusively martial arts and have no fireballs, spears etc. And I think they would take 3D fighting to a whole new level if done right. If Midway did something like this for MK8 did this it would be awesome.

P.S. Sorry if this post was hard to understand, I have trouble putting my thoughts into words
Very good ideas. Some of the specials were kind of cheap and broken and some of those characters that did have really cheap moves already had strong martial arts attacks, like Dairou. Deadly Alliance was the most balanced one. People talk about how only some characters had reversals, but at the same time, only a handful of characters had really strong combos like Hsu Hao, Quan Chi, Raiden (sometimes) or Kenshi. It was the better system in my opinion. In Deception, they messed it up by making the juggles "better" or however you want to call it. Just say they made it to wear you can juggle them longer. This made Deception a game to where all you do is pick a character than can do 50% combos off juggles. Sorta takes out all the strategy of the game. In my opinion, if they had parries and a wake up game in Deception like they have in Armageddon with the same juggling system DA had, Deception wouldnt have been half bad. And if they kept the wall combo concept from DA, it would help also. That wall combo concept was better becuase it ended combos, making for more balance. The wall combos in Deception and Armageddon are some boring to look at, thats why I dont even like to watch Destruction or Divine, or w/e MKA or MKD combo vids they have. I think they need to go towards the direction Soul Calibur or Tekken has set out. Boon himself has said that Tekken is his favorite game, but he doesnt want to make MK like that because he knows how hard it would be for some people to get into it. BS......I really think that since they're making MK brand new, it'll appeal towards high level fighter gamers now. I think that will save the franchise.

man all i hope for out of the new one is new graphics 2d gameplay and brutal fatalities none of this create your own fatality crap or any of the goofy ones from mk3 i want ones like MK2 such as kung lao's hat slice that shit was violent or jax's head pop ya know , and the two part fatalities of two like reptiles invisible slice and sub-zero's deep freeze

Ok. I expect:

Great graphics: Although they're using the Unreal Engine (kinda like Gears) it should be enough for me.

Achievements: For the Xbox 360 version, we need some basic achievements. Like pulling a fatality, or doing a 8+ hit combo or something like that.

Fatalities: We should need friendships, animalities (although they sucked), and babalities back. Because the Hara-Kiri stuff is bullshit and I don't like it. Nor the create-a-fatality.

Easy simple combos: Deception, Armageddon and Deadly Alliance screwed up with the combos since I had to keep looking at the moves list to master them. We just need some button mashing stuff.

Lots of extras: All the Mortal Kombat games from the arcade (MK1, MK2, MK3, UMK3, MK4) in the extras section. Or at least make a collector's edition that has them included.

No Broken stuff: We've had too much of broken combos, gameplay in the last few MKs. So we need Midway to fix it up.

and finally, some new characters and crappy ones taken out: We need Scorpion, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Reptile, Ermac, and Sub-Zero kept in. But at least get rid of Stryker, Sheeva, and the robots. Instead of Robot Smoke put in Human Smoke. Give Human Smoke a spear and teleport punch and you'll be playing like how you did in UMK3.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It should have improved gameplay as always and all games(sequels) we know the engine is going to be totally new and updated sick graphics. But these are things that I want personally in MK 8. FTR though there's a lot of other games out there worse then MKD and MKA by far. But anyway here's what I want in MK8:

-Better online play, it was good for xbox, utter trash for PS2 however...I'm more confident in the 360 since that console plays great online for the most part

-Tone down the amount of characters, I would be fine with 20, 24 or 30 being MAX. Less characters=less possibility of more broken characters/glitches. Even MVC2 had infinites, glitches etc like MKA.

-Time for newer characters, I know this will happen but it's also time for new characters if you ask me, keep the classic Scorpion, Subby, Ermac, Fujin, Raiden etc.

-Keep the jumping mechanic from the oldschool games but NO air kombat, air throws and jump kicks all I want like UMK3.

-Parries with better recovery, in MKA they were helpful but the recovery sucked if your opponent anticipated them.

-Throw escapes, ok ditch the whole parry throws and just have them separate

-A tag team mode online and offline. Have a lobby where up 4 to 6 players can join, having UMK3 like matches but with each individual player. Example 2 on 2, total 4 players online etc. This is how this mode would rock personally. Have the option to tag for help or set it so that endurance mode tag team.

-Endurance mode online-have up to 6 players like tag team but only have it so that it's like UMK3, pretty much in my tag team idea but say it winds up being a separate mode. This would also rock.

-Keep the glitches, broken moves to a minimal or not at all. Let's face it EVERY game has a glitch, move or something that's annoying to abuse. Make MK8 more like UMK3 and MK:DA very balanced and not one or two guys that own the whole game like say MK:D does with bo and dairou. No OTGs, Free throws or moves like Dairous MKD TS or MKA's Sareena Knives...

-Improve sidestepping, make it more like MK:DA this game had the best sidestepping ever IMO

-New mini games, I know some don't care much for them but MK out of every fighter has the best easily...Motor Kombat was fun in MKA, Puzzle in MKD. Put something new in there. :wink:

-New training tutorial mode should be in place, like they did with the wii version of MKA since we're getting a new game all together there should be some kind of training mode.

-Practice mode, they've been putting this in the past few so I'm sure it'll be back. Good for messing around with combos to see what works and what doesn't.

-Make it even darker, I know boon said this so I'm hyped for it but I'm looking forward to no humor, darker stages, music and more gore, blood, clothes ripping, grunting, bruising etc. Originally this concept with bruising, clothes ripped was for MK:DA, MKD but was ditched way back prior to the games appearance.

-Bring back the KAK, I liked it. Yes it was insane but every game that has a KAK that I've played it's incredibly powerful/broken if you know what you're doing. As long as they bring back the option like they did for Xbox live to block KAKs, all is good. I like making my own guys, I just don't play them online. :)

-Have one style, Boon also said they're ditching the multiple styles so I'm very curious to see this. More like oldschool UMK3 perhaps? who knows.

Ok, I'm done :)