What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Roster Predictions!

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Jax will definitely be in. He’s never missed a game since his entry in MK2. Plus he’s the token black guy lol
True, true. I'd say Johnny Cage and him would probably be the most likely ones to return, but I just think there's a first time to everything, and his daughter was introduced for a reason..

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
I thought the same when the word was put out there. Here's the link: https://twitter.com/bcharred/status/831355337722703872
holy shit, how did I miss this? I guess this explains why he is on the mobile version only. Sorta as a way of making up for Kahn not being in MKX's roster.

Considering that cut chars have a chance of showing up in the next game (Goro was cut from MK9, showed up in MKX) I'd guess Kahn being in MK11 is actually not that far off then. There's clearly a desire by some members of NRS to have him as a playable character.

Obviously this is just what I would want, but yeah. This is also assuming the base roster is 28 like Injustice 2.

Returning from MKX:
1. Kotal Kahn
2. D'Vorah
3. Cassie Cage
4. Kung Jin
5. Scorpion
6. Sub-Zero
7. Liu Kang
8. Kitana
9. Raiden
10. Ermac

Returning from the MK (2011):
11. Noob Saibot
12. Shang Tsung
15. Sheeva

Returning from the 3D era:
16. Fujin
17. Reiko
18. Havik
19. Drahmin
20. Li Mei
21. Bo' Rai Cho
22. Kai
23. Frost

Obscure:
24. Sareena

New Blood:

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Returning:
Liu Kang
Kitana
Mileena
Reptile
Raiden
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kano
Kung Lao
Cage
Sonya
Jax
Ermac
Triborg
Quan Chi
Bo' Rai Cho
Tanya
Shinnok
Kenshi
D'Vorah
Cassie Cage
Kung Jin
Takeda

Coming Back:
Shang Tsung
Noob
Sindel
Nightwolf
Jade
Rain

From MK4-MKA
Fujin
Li Mei
Sareena
Reiko
Kai
Frost
Drahmin
Havik
Shujinko
Ashrah
Taven
Daegon
Onaga

+New Characters and DLC

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think Triborg is canon, plus he'll have a much better shot since they mentioned the Tekunin under his control plus Sektor and Cyrax are very dead for those who've read the MK X comics. I think Fujin will definitely get in this time around one way or another.

Parasurama

Dragon
I hate the initial variation system, but then triborg imo is the best thing the game ever did by far

So what I suggest is instead of making each char have 3 versions, where one is always significantly better and its impossible to balance in entirety- make similar characters in the roster be variations.

So, sub zero, noob saibot, reptile
smoke, scorpion, ermac
smoke, cyrax, sektor
kitana, mileena, jade
stryker, johnny, erron black
sonya, cassie, jacqie

etc
Interesting concept

BruskyPoet

Johnny bought a car
I have a problem with Triborg being canon. This is coming from someone who lost his shit in happiness when he was revealed in KP2. Why not just have Sektor as the leader of the Tekunin as he was in the OG timeline? Triborg literally speaks in the intros with Sektor's personality. Very much copy and paste. Take away the fact you know it's triborg, and listen to his intros. You'd say that's Sektor right? His gimmick is based around the variation system and I don't think we are getting that back.

I have a problem with Triborg being canon. This is coming from someone who lost his shit in happiness when he was revealed in KP2. Why not just have Sektor as the leader of the Tekunin as he was in the OG timeline? Triborg literally speaks in the intros with Sektor's personality. Very much copy and paste. Take away the fact you know it's triborg, and listen to his intros. You'd say that's Sektor right? His gimmick is based around the variation system and I don't think we are getting that back.
If Triborg is canon then it could be a viable way of bringing Sektor and Cyrax back from the dead seeing as how their entire consciousness can be downloaded lol

BruskyPoet

Johnny bought a car
If Triborg is canon then it could be a viable way of bringing Sektor and Cyrax back from the dead seeing as how their entire consciousness can be downloaded lol
That's the problem. If their consciousness can be downloaded, why not just take Cyrax's personality and put it in another separate Cyborg dummy? If Triborg installs the Cyrax personality into himself when you're playing the Cyrax variation, then it's not Triborg anymore. It's better for them to be seperate.

Here's my wishlist:

Reiko
Havik
Jade
Cyrax
Sektor
Smoke
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Raiden
Liu Kang
Kitana
Johnny Cage
Shang Tsung
Li Mei
Noob-Saibot
Kabal
Ermac
Cassie Cage
Sareena
Kung Jin
Takeda
Nightwolf
Motaro
Kintaro
Fujin
Kung Lao
Erron Black
Kotal Kahn
D'Vorah
Rain

ChillerX

Weapon of mass distraction
I know Kintaro is a Goro without a personality, but am I the only one wishing he would be playable in MK11? :rolleyes:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Klassic Kharacters returning:
Liu Kang
Kano
Raiden
Scorpion
Sub Zero
Sonya
Cage
Shang
Goro
These characters are just crazy popular and there is no reason to leave them out.

Extended Klassics:
Kitana
Mileena
Jax
Reptile
Noob
Jade
Smoke
Kintaro
Kahn
Still some popular and iconic characters in there.

MKX:
Cassie
Kotal
DVorah
Story-wise they have good reason to be back.

Big Bosses, not playable:
Onaga, Motaro, Blaze

DLC:
KP1 - Rain, Sindel, 2 guests
KP2 - Nightwolf, Li Mei, 2 guests
KP3 - Sareena, Triborg, 2 guests

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Damn, I completely forgot about this. What a shame, Cyrax was on the road to redeeming himself and all, which I would have wanted to see in the game
Yeah, but they can always bring them back with triborg or some other way if they needed to I'm sure.

That's the problem. If their consciousness can be downloaded, why not just take Cyrax's personality and put it in another separate Cyborg dummy? If Triborg installs the Cyrax personality into himself when you're playing the Cyrax variation, then it's not Triborg anymore. It's better for them to be seperate.
That’s probably how they would bring Cyrax back, install him on a dummy and then help him find his soul or whatever haha

And yeah, I’d much rather have Sektor and Cyrax be seperate characters

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Gamer68

Fujin!
I don't think that any of the "parent" characters (aka Johnny, Sonya, Jax, Kenshi) will be back, or at least in the base game. Of course they can bring anyone back in non-canon DLC, or just as a story mode cameo.

It would be really weird to create a story about those characters passing the torch to their children (this was the entirety of MKX), only to make ANOTHER story doing the exact same thing. A lot of people actually felt that it was weird that they were trying to give new characters the spotlight, but gave the parents just as much. It just felt odd. Plus those characters have been in the past few games so they can take a break for one game.

Redesign all of the Kombat Kids (both visually and moveset-wise), make then inherit a couple of their parents moves (Takeda finally gets the hang of telekinesis, Cassie can fully control green energy, etc), and call it a day. There will still be tons of classic MK characters so I don't think it would be that big of a deal if just a few take a break.

Cassie, Jacqui, Takeda, Kung Jin, Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah, and maybe Erron will probably all be back considering the story. Kano's son and probably another new character or two will show up. I'm assuming there's going to be 28 characters this time (like INJ2), so that leaves 18-20 classic MK characters. That's plenty.

I already created a thread about this topic a few months ago, but I'll dump my list here to (maybe with a few changes also):

The obvious:
Characters that will be in, no doubt.
  • Scorpion
  • Sub-Zero
  • Raiden
  • Liu Kang
  • Kitana
The 'most likely':
Characters that aren't guaranteed but will probably be in for story or popularity reasons.
  • Cassie Cage
  • Jacqui Briggs
  • Takeda
  • Kung Jin
  • Kotal Kahn
  • D'Vorah
  • Noob Saibot
  • Smoke
  • Jade
  • Fujin
  • Kano's son
  • Onaga (redesigned heavily)
  • Another new character or two.
The '50/50's:
Characters where you can see reasons why they could make it, but aren't really popular and/or needed.
  • Erron Black
  • Tanya
  • Bo' Rai Cho
  • Li Mei
  • Havik
  • Rain
  • Frost
  • Reptile (need your local jobber to get beat up in story fights)
  • Shang Tsung (will probably kill Ermac and steal his souls, like that one MKX arcade ending)
  • Daegon (I think they need to start introducing the Red Dragon, probably for Takeda's story arc)
The 'probably DLC':
Just for fun, here are 12 characters I think have high chances of being DLC:
  1. Shao Kahn (pre-order bonus, 90% sure he will be in)
  2. 1 of the parent characters I mentioned above (Johnny, Sonya, Kenshi, or Jax. I guess Kano also?)
  3. Kabal
  4. Sindel
  5. Mileena
  6. Sareena
  7. Havik
  8. Reiko
  9. Pennywise
  10. Micheal Myers
  11. Jigsaw
  12. Completely unexpected guest, like always.

NRS seems to want a roster that doesn't contain all of the wanted character right off the bat, because they like saving some for DLC or for a future game. I think this list has a balance between characters people really want (Fujin, Noob, Smoke, Jade) and characters that aren't really THAT popular if at all (Bo', Tanya, Frost, Daegon). I also think that it also leaves plenty of characters (both popular and not) to do later.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Jax will definitely be in. He’s never missed a game since his entry in MK2. Plus he’s the token black guy lol
Johnny Cage, Sonya, and Jax were all not in MK Deception. It wouldn't be the first time these characters took a break.

Given where the story is -- new characters needing the spotlight AND the fact that the game will probably be a retelling of the Deception arc (which was the game that excluded those characters) -- it makes sense. I think there was multiple arcade endings in MKX that had Jax being killed by Erron Black which starts a rivalry between him and Jacqui, and I think that makes sense and could be one of the couple cannon endings that usually happen.

I mean don't get me wrong, Jax could be in the game. I'm not going to pretend like I know what's going to happen. It's just that I feel for those reasons above, it's not impossible that Jax and the other parents will be excluded.

Damn is Lao really not that popular?
I actually forgot to add Lao to my list... I'm going to make a 3rd and final prediction list, and I'll be sure to add him.