What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Roster Predictions!

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Some of those are terrible. Plus, this assumes no new characters.

No

Nightwolf - not popular enough / not important enough
Sareena - not important
Kabal - Has no storyline
Reptile - Has no storyline and he is not that critical
Kung Jin - No one liked him
Sonya (only Sonya or Johnny will be in the next one)
Erron Black - not important / lack of storyline
Onaga (not yet) - Boon confirmed that this would be an original story line, not the retelling of 3D MK's. I think they will wait until MK12

No - but DLC

Kung Lao - He did very little in MKX. May be DLC
Ermac (Maybe DLC) - I think his story ending may be cannon
Smoke (Definite DLC)
Sindel - will play a stronger part in the story and will be DLC like Tanya

Yes
Li Mei (in story mode and often requested)
Mileena (DLC Pack 1 only)

Maybe
Triborg (very well received)
You’re high

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Holy shit Creeper would be legit lol. I’d actually prefer him over Pennywise

Pennywise is for sure in tho. He’s dope too
Yeah I forgot about Pennywise, and that WB owns the rights to the movie. Would be sweet too if he got in, they gave him his classic 90's IT costume as an alternate.

What if he had an ability that took a body part away and handicapped the opponent like enchantress. For example eating arms, can't punch for 3 secs or something, taking eyes could reverse inputs, eating their tongue would silence and disable specials. Could be a cool character
Yeah that would be cool but not sure they'd do that only because of the whole continuous round thing unless they did that and their limbs just magically grow back you know? Since there's no black screen/reloading screen like the older MK's, fighting games they may not go that route but who knows dude. Yeah he'd be sweet.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That bus scene was a bit over the top, but then so is MK so lol. I'm glad others have seen Jeepers, some people have asked me "who the hell is jeepers creepers?"

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'm a Scorpion main. A Mortal Kombat game without Scorpion is like a chocolate chip cookie that doesn't have any chocolate chips. See MK3 (before the ultimate version) to understand my meaning.

Soooooo, I'm good on the roster predictions. :p

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
I love the casual roster predictions when a new NRS games is coming and the sure disappoint when all them goes wrong.
These are mine:

RETURNING from MKX
- Scorpion: human form Scorpion/Hanzo Hasashi with more ninja-esque moves and less hellspawn appereance (not that I like it but it make sense)

- Subzero: older MK: Deadly Alliance Subby is really cool (or Shredder Subby)

- Raiden: of course the evil one

- Cassie Cage: with full Cage's green aura moves (and no guns of weapons)

- Jacqui Briggs: more like an MMA fighter with lot of boxing/wrestling/krav maga moves in her

- Takeda: with the sword of his father and more telekinesis powers

- Kung Jin: with a mixture of Bojutsu/Ancestral gameplay

- Kotal Khan: because he's awesome and he have to return

- D'vorah: because she's so cool

- Triborg (not): I don't think Triborg is canon but I think that a cyber ninja have to be in a MK game. My prediction goes to Sektor in search of revenge.

- Liu Kang (revenant)

- Kitana (revenant)

RETURNING from other MK

- Fujin: the new protector of Earthrealm

- Noob Saibot: because yes

- Smoke: because hell yes

- Rain: the new ruler of Edenia

- Shang Tsung: because we lost Quan Chi

- Sindel

- Skarlet

- Havik: for the ChaosRealm

- Hotaru: for the OrderRealm

NEW

- Kano's son

- new main villain

- new character that work for the main villain (some sort of Shinnok > Quan Chi relationship)

Preorder DLC

- Shao Khan

THE EXPENDABLES from MKX

- Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade because Cassie
- Jax because Jacqui
- Kung Lao and Bo Rai Cho because of Liu Kang and Kung Jin
- Kenshi because of Takeda
- Ferra/Torr and Erron Black because they aren't relevant for the story (but I think Erron will be in)
- Kano because of his son
- Ermac because he can be used to release some souls for other characters
- Reptile because whe can have other ninja sometime
- Mileena, Quan Chi and Shinnok because they are dead
- Goro because of Shao Khan
- Tanya and Tremor for some reasons

Well, that's it!

ChillerX

Weapon of mass distraction
Shang Tsung and Noob must make a return.
The run system should be ditched for the dash system in MK9.
2 variations per character. Both balanced.
Dark Raiden as the antagonist. Fujin as the protagonist will be lit.

Most importantly, avoid dumb incidents in story mode like Jacqui and Kung Jin defeating Kotal Kahn and Sonya pummeling Quan Chi and taking the last of his credibility away.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I honesly just want the variation system to die, instead of giving us characters split in half would be good to have a fully fleshed character without alternate moves and such to compensate for re-imagination or the sake of a character not performing that well.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I want the new nonhumans back. D'Vorah, Kotal Kahn, and Ferra Torr were pretty dope in game and as characters. Kotal got owned in the story a lot though haha.

Erron Black is the most bland boring character I've ever seen. The Kombat Kidz were fine but didn't feel different enough from their parents, although I enjoyed playing most of them as fg characters. I would bet if any of them stay around it'll be Cassie (clearly the most popular) and KJ (too good in game and people love youngmonks).

BruskyPoet

Johnny bought a car
My roster predictions and why I stand by them.

Scorpion - Duh

Sub-Zero - Duh

Raiden - Duh

Kitana- Duh

Liu Kang - Duh..okay now this is getting old

Johnny Cage - Wouldn't be surprised if he sat out but he's way too popular at this point to exclude.

Sonya - I don't want her, but it's going to happen. She's favored by the team.

Jax - He got the popularity boost from his amazing MKX gameplay. Plus, he's the only brawler/boxer representation in Mortal Kombat. Can't exclude that from a fighting game can you? Maybe you can but Jax is popular enough.

Noob Saibot - Too many teases in MKX that imply he's coming and with big story behind him. Plus he was the most missed character in MKX according to the Ed Boon poll.

Shang Tsung - Fills in the sorcerer slot since Quan and Shinnok are dead. Plus the endings imply he's coming.

Jade - The "mystery woman" has been teased two games in a row. You can't have it go unanswered for a third game. Brain Chard, a former NRS writer, has confirmed they have had plans for the mystery woman. She was also the most missed FEMALE according to the Ed Boon poll.

Cassie Cage - Okay here we go with the "Duh" reasons again. So...Duh.

Jacqui Briggs - Duh (Sadly)

Takeda - Duh

Kung Jin - Duh

Kotal Kahn - Duh (Okay last one)

Erron Black - Likely taking the place D'Vorah was in with Kotal. Plus he's arguably Top 3 when it comes to the most popular newbies in MKX.

D'Vorah - Kotal is likely going to be after her, their hatred will grow more intense in this game.

Tanya - Ed Boon pushes for her in almost every game since her debut in MK4.

Kenshi - Important to the story with Takeda about finding Suchin's killer. NRS 3D era fav but this is probably his last run.

Bo' Rai Cho - NRS 3D era fav. "We old warriors need to stick together, eh?" definitely a need along with Fujin if Dark Raiden comes into play here. Personal friends playing a role is something you can't ignore. It's implied from one of his intros with Sub-Zero that he knows of Noob Saibot's whereabouts. Another important role.

Taven - Plays a role in finding Suchin's killer along with Takeda and Kenshi. Rumors suggest he's coming.

Daegon - Probably the most important character in playing a role for the Takeda and Kenshi story since HE IS the killer. Rumors also suggest he's coming.

Frost - Highly popular. Instead of Sub-Zero training the Kombat Kids in this story, it may focus on him training Frost much like how it was in MKDA.

Skarlet - Was suppose to be in MKX with a story role but was cut. Pretty sure Kittelsen is going to pick her up with the Blood Kode stuff since he is now the lead writer for the games.

Li Mei - Idk, I just think she'll be in. Lol

Rain - Pretty sure the team has him as a priority right now since nobody would shut up about him for DLC in MKX. They can't put him in for DLC twice, so it's now or never.

Onaga - Onaga's return is inevitable. The end of the MKX comic suggest that he's coming which was Kittelsen work. Again he is now the lead writer for the games. Rumors also suggest he's coming.

Blaze - Rumors suggest Deception and Armageddon ELEMENTS will be in MK11. Blaze is important to the story if Taven and Daegon are BOTH awake, which they should be since they are both important to Kenshi and Takeda.

Shao Kahn (PRE-ORDER BONUS) - Pretty obvious this will happen. According to Brian Chard, Shao Kahn was almost DLC in MKX. I'm sure they have a design for him set if he was "ALMOST" DLC. They'll pick up where they left off.

-HONORABLE MENTIONS-

Fujin - He's important to Dark Raiden but Netherrealm doesn't want to do him.

Sareena - Her whole point is to be a love interest to Noob and/or Kuai Liang which both are probably going to be in the game.

Shujinko - If Deception elements are in, he at least has to have a cameo.

Smoke - The enenra story has to be explored, why bring up something interesting with the character and then do nothing with it? Wouldn't be the first time.

Sindel - If Shao Kahn and Kitana are in the same game, why not have Sindel?

Last edited:

BruskyPoet

Johnny bought a car
Onaga (not yet) - Boon confirmed that this would be an original story line, not the retelling of 3D MK's. I think they will wait until MK12
You can have Onaga and not retell a previous story. Just like how MKX wasn't a retelling of MK4. It just took elements from it.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
These aren’t necessarily all who I want, but if there’s a roster of 28 I think these are most likely. Regardless of if they’re dead or not, I could see these coming back easily.

1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Raiden
4. Liu Kang
5. Kitana
6. Mileena
7. Cassie Cage
8. Kotal Kahn
9. D’Vorah
10. Reptile
11. Ermac
12. Shang Tsung
13. Jacqui
14. Takeda
15. Kung Jin
16. Kung Lao
17. Noob Saibot
18. Smoke
19. Tremor
20. Tanya
21. Bo Rai Cho
22. Fujin
23. Rain
24. Frost
25. Erron Black
26. Cage (maybe/I hope)
27. Sonya (maybe/I hope not)
28. Kenshi (maybe/I hope)

Gamer68

Fujin!
Holy shit Creeper would be legit lol. I’d actually prefer him over Pennywise

Pennywise is for sure in tho. He’s dope too
I don't think The Creeper will happen because of how bad the third movie did. Plus all of the bad stuff regarding the movies' director. I kinda get the feeling that studios are going to avoid the Jeepers Creepers franchise for a while.

EDIT: At the very least I just don't see them putting him in over Jigsaw, Micheal Myers, Pennywise, Ash Williams (assuming they can use him), etc.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
My roster predictions and why I stand by them.

Scorpion - Duh

Sub-Zero - Duh

Raiden - Duh

Liu Kang - Duh..okay now this is getting old

Johnny Cage - Wouldn't be surprised if he sat out but he's way too popular at this point to exclude.

Sonya - I don't want her, but it's going to happen. She's favored by the team.

Jax - He got the popularity boost from his amazing MKX gameplay. Plus, he's the only brawler/boxer representation in Mortal Kombat. Can't exclude that from a fighting game can you? Maybe you can but Jax is popular enough.

Noob Saibot - Too many teases in MKX that imply he's coming and with big story behind him. Plus he was the most missed character in MKX according to the Ed Boon poll.

Shang Tsung - Fills in the sorcerer slot since Quan and Shinnok are dead. Plus the endings imply he's coming.

Jade - The "mystery woman" has been teased two games in a row. You can't have it go unanswered for a third game. Brain Chard, a former NRS writer, has confirmed they have had plans for the mystery woman. She was also the most missed FEMALE according to the Ed Boon poll.

Cassie Cage - Okay here we go with the "Duh" reasons again. So...Duh.

Jacqui Briggs - Duh (Sadly)

Takeda - Duh

Kung Jin - Duh

Kotal Kahn - Duh (Okay last one)

Erron Black - Likely taking the place D'Vorah was in with Kotal. Plus he's arguably Top 3 when it comes to the most popular newbies in MKX.

D'Vorah - Kotal is likely going to be after her, their hatred will grow more intense in this game.

Tanya - Ed Boon pushes for her in almost every game since her debut in MK4.

Kenshi - Important to the story with Takeda about finding Suchin's killer. NRS 3D era fav but this is probably his last run.

Bo' Rai Cho - NRS 3D era fav. "We old warriors need to stick together, eh?" definitely a need along with Fujin if Dark Raiden comes into play here. Personal friends playing a role is something you can't ignore. It's implied from one of his intros with Sub-Zero that he knows of Noob Saibot's whereabouts. Another important role.

Taven - Plays a role in finding Suchin's killer along with Takeda and Kenshi. Rumors suggest he's coming.

Daegon - Probably the most important character in playing a role for the Takeda and Kenshi story since HE IS the killer. Rumors also suggest he's coming.

Frost - Highly popular. Instead of Sub-Zero training the Kombat Kids in this story, it may focus on him training Frost much like how it was in MKDA.

Skarlet - Was suppose to be in MKX with a story role but was cut. Pretty sure Kittelsen is going to pick her up with the Blood Kode stuff since he is now the lead writer for the games.

Li Mei - Idk, I just think she'll be in. Lol

Rain - Pretty sure the team has him as a priority right now since nobody would shut up about him for DLC in MKX. They can't put him in for DLC twice, so it's now or never.

Onaga - Onaga's return is inevitable. The end of the MKX comic suggest that he's coming which was Kittelsen work. Again he is now the lead writer for the games. Rumors also suggest he's coming.

Blaze - Rumors suggest Deception and Armageddon ELEMENTS will be in MK11. Blaze is important to the story if Taven and Daegon are BOTH awake, which they should be since they are both important to Kenshi and Takeda.

Shao Kahn (PRE-ORDER BONUS) - Pretty obvious this will happen. According to Brian Chard, Shao Kahn was almost DLC in MKX. I'm sure they have a design for him set if he was "ALMOST" DLC. They'll pick up where they left off.

-HONORABLE MENTIONS-

Fujin - He's important to Dark Raiden but Netherrealm doesn't want to do him.

Sareena - Her whole point is to be a love interest to Noob and/or Kuai Liang which both are probably going to be in the game.

Shujinko - If Deception elements are in, he at least has to have a cameo.

Smoke - The enenra story has to be explored, why bring up something interesting with the character and then do nothing with it? Wouldn't be the first time.

Sindel - If Shao Kahn and Kitana are in the same game, why not have Sindel?
Wow, when the fuck was Shao Kahn intended to be DLC in MKX? any links to back that up?

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
These aren’t necessarily all who I want, but if there’s a roster of 28 I think these are most likely. Regardless of if they’re dead or not, I could see these coming back easily.

1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Raiden
4. Liu Kang
5. Kitana
6. Mileena
7. Cassie Cage
8. Kotal Kahn
9. D’Vorah
10. Reptile
11. Ermac
12. Shang Tsung
13. Jacqui
14. Takeda
15. Kung Jin
16. Kung Lao
17. Noob Saibot
18. Smoke
19. Tremor
20. Tanya
21. Bo Rai Cho
22. Fujin
23. Rain
24. Frost
25. Erron Black
26. Cage (maybe/I hope)
27. Sonya (maybe/I hope not)
28. Kenshi (maybe/I hope)
So basically almost exactly the same as MKX but wih Frost, Rain, Fujin, Noob, Smoke and Shang Tsung included. As fun as it sounds, it seems more like Ultimate MKX rather than a new game.

They need at least 8 slots for new characters too.