What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 first rumors

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
We've once had seen what happens when Boon decides to quit on main character. I dont see Street fighter without Ken and Ryu honestly ...

Without official word, there isnt much sense in getting hyped about it.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Quan has been done dirty by NRS. Treated like a doddering old fool in MKX. Such a shame.
yeah man, they made him into such a bitch in the story mode. Scorpion beheading him at the end was literally putting him out of his misery.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Quan has been done dirty by NRS. Treated like a doddering old fool in MKX. Such a shame.
yeah man, they made him into such a bitch in the story mode. Scorpion beheading him at the end was literally putting him out of his misery.
He deserved every moment of it though.
Being the "master planner" and the guy who was always two steps ahead of everyone no matter what for so many years had a price.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
I think we should wait for more concrete leaks or real info from the devs.
That being said, I hope a cyborg ninja makes it into the main roster. Doesn't matter which one (barring Triborg, that's a cop out) I love em all.

Last edited:

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I don't see how they can not have Noob Saibot in the next one, being as how much he was missed in MKX.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I love just about every MK character there is excluding a small handful so im sure ill be happy with w.e but man, I really (REALLY) would like to see Drahmin and Havik be in this game. I know the current MK team could make these guys f****** awesome.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I buy it. The new leaked list.

There's a LOT of intriguing bits to it...(giant lore theory(s) ahead)

"Onaga, Blaze, Taven, Daegon, Kano, Li Mei, Noob Saibot, Nitara, Bo Rai Cho, Johnny Cage, Shang Tsung, Jade, Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Frost, Kenshi, Kotal Kahn, Jax."

So, going forward with the presumption that 11 will be to MKD and MKA what XL was to 4 and MKDA...yeah, Raiden would HAVE to be the big bad this time.

Take into account the three MAJOR stories converging at the same time in the MK9 opening on top of the Pyramid: Shujinko's quest to stop Onaga, Taven and Daegon's path to Blaze, and everything else going on that brought about the need for the Pyramid of Argus to rise in the first place. Think of them like the three roads that lead to the Pyramid.
What Raiden did by sending the message back to himself, AT FIRST, only directly affects one of those roads. Nothing that happened during Shujinko's journey or while Taven was stuck in that bigass rock that I can think of would have changed that drastically because of it.
However...by avoiding the "He Must Win" outcome where Shao Kahn is ultimately the one who defeats Blaze, you've now created a vacuum in that space where armageddon was supposed to go, which was presumably the entire endgame of the Pyramid and Blaze to begin with. Someone has to beat Blaze, otherwise existence itself could collapse. And Raiden, now having gone Dark and likely believing he alone could bear such a burden, will turn himself into something worse than Shao Kahn in order to win and keep anyone else from claiming that power, thereby coming full circle and becoming the very monster he started this entire chain of events to destroy...which almost guarantees Liu Kang will return and be the last chapter of Story mode.

What makes me REALLY happy are the presence of Nitara and Jade.
Because if that's legit, it means:
1. Cyrax -THE REAL CYRAX - might not be far behind.
Smoke became Enenra (and I think is going to team up with Noob again, but that's just me), Sektor (presumably) became Triborg and as a result there's no Tekunin uprising, but Cyrax himself was as far as I know never accounted for, which to me means that if Nitara's coming back, it's to revive Onaga, a task for which she's going to need a cyborg to get the egg out of the volcano.
2. Ashrah is either the woman from MK9 Jade/MKX Kitana's endings or she's been empowered by her, and Jade got a soul cleanse, which is going to really complicate the new first family of Hell when Kitana finds out she's of relevance again.

So many possibilities.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
They should just make Raiden an official Elder God already or THE Elder God of MK lol, none of that relinquish shit and have him destroy anyone and save everyone to preserve the realms.

Have Raiden become the Elder God/God of MKU and appoint Fujin as Earthrealm's protector.

That's the rumor I read but also supposedly two new characters one named Dominick(Kano's son who hates him) and Selina who is a Dream Goddess who can create illusions and weapons from thin air/imagination. That character sounds cool, and MK never had a female Goddess really so she sounds cool. Noob, Shang and Jade are rumored to return. I'll enjoy it I'm sure but will admit, I'll be very sad if Ermac and Fujin don't return.

I buy it. The new leaked list.

There's a LOT of intriguing bits to it...(giant lore theory(s) ahead)

"Onaga, Blaze, Taven, Daegon, Kano, Li Mei, Noob Saibot, Nitara, Bo Rai Cho, Johnny Cage, Shang Tsung, Jade, Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Frost, Kenshi, Kotal Kahn, Jax."

So, going forward with the presumption that 11 will be to MKD and MKA what XL was to 4 and MKDA...yeah, Raiden would HAVE to be the big bad this time.

Take into account the three MAJOR stories converging at the same time in the MK9 opening on top of the Pyramid: Shujinko's quest to stop Onaga, Taven and Daegon's path to Blaze, and everything else going on that brought about the need for the Pyramid of Argus to rise in the first place. Think of them like the three roads that lead to the Pyramid.
What Raiden did by sending the message back to himself, AT FIRST, only directly affects one of those roads. Nothing that happened during Shujinko's journey or while Taven was stuck in that bigass rock that I can think of would have changed that drastically because of it.
However...by avoiding the "He Must Win" outcome where Shao Kahn is ultimately the one who defeats Blaze, you've now created a vacuum in that space where armageddon was supposed to go, which was presumably the entire endgame of the Pyramid and Blaze to begin with. Someone has to beat Blaze, otherwise existence itself could collapse. And Raiden, now having gone Dark and likely believing he alone could bear such a burden, will turn himself into something worse than Shao Kahn in order to win and keep anyone else from claiming that power, thereby coming full circle and becoming the very monster he started this entire chain of events to destroy...which almost guarantees Liu Kang will return and be the last chapter of Story mode.

What makes me REALLY happy are the presence of Nitara and Jade.
Because if that's legit, it means:
1. Cyrax -THE REAL CYRAX - might not be far behind.
Smoke became Enenra (and I think is going to team up with Noob again, but that's just me), Sektor (presumably) became Triborg and as a result there's no Tekunin uprising, but Cyrax himself was as far as I know never accounted for, which to me means that if Nitara's coming back, it's to revive Onaga, a task for which she's going to need a cyborg to get the egg out of the volcano.
2. Ashrah is either the woman from MK9 Jade/MKX Kitana's endings or she's been empowered by her, and Jade got a soul cleanse, which is going to really complicate the new first family of Hell when Kitana finds out she's of relevance again.

So many possibilities.
Cyrax has been accounted for in the MKX comics. He and Kuai Lung defeated Sektor and Cyrax became the leader of cyber-lin kuei, then Kuai lung left and Cyrax initiated a self destruct sequence and destroyed himself with all of cyborgs.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cyrax has been accounted for in the MKX comics. He and Kuai Lung defeated Sektor and Cyrax became the leader of cyber-lin kuei, then Kuai lung left and Cyrax initiated a self destruct sequence and destroyed himself with all of cyborgs.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...well, now I'm sad.

#AllHopeIsLostForever

DeftMonk

Noob
I'm hoping Takeda makes a return. That character is way too badass to pass up.
bro I hope this and also hope they do away with all of these children characters. Am I the only one that just wants to keep expanding the roster while keeping the old classics and not their babies? I have many gripes with sfv but at least it doesnt have ryu's son bison's momma chunli's daughter and dhalsim's dog.

DeftMonk

Noob
Onaga Blaze Daegon Taven

If those 4 names don't get you excited then idk what will.

....quite possibly the most boring characters ever in a MK game. While we're at it let's include Kai and Jarek
as a testament to this...I have bought every mk game since mk one. And up I completely forgot of these character's existance. Upon seeing this I remembered onaga and blaze only and just because it stuck with me how lame they were after having such iconic bosses like shang tsung goro and shao kahn.