What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 first rumors

Matix218

Get over here!
Onaga Blaze Daegon Taven

If those 4 names don't get you excited then idk what will.

....quite possibly the most boring characters ever in a MK game. While we're at it let's include Kai and Jarek
Don't forget Kobra. Literally just a guy in a karate outfit. They should have called him Tiger Schulman.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Don't forget Kobra. Literally just a guy in a karate outfit. They should have called him Tiger Schulman.
See, but the thing is...now, if they were to bring him (and presumably Kira) back, they could make him (them) bad as all fuck if they wanted to. Their stories were basic, but what they were supposed to lead to was probably gonna be a big deal if they'd had time to finish it...

How many of you that played Deception: Konquest remember that one part of the Netherrealm, that was guarded by the bigass Oni and you couldn't get in unless you 1. beat the main Konquest campaign, or 2. painstakingly nudge Ermac across the map and get clipped across the bridge when the Oni knocks you out?
Remember what the main gimmick of that whole piece of the realm was? Three heavy stipped fights against Kabal, Kobra and Kira, who had reformed the Black Dragon and were literally trying to raise it up out of Hell, that was supposed to "Awaken Kochal," but all you get is 1200 koins and a trip back to the main portal.

So, fast forward to now...Kabal, still a Revenant but also presumably self-aware like most of the others were, decides "well fuck, Quan Chi is dead and I'm all on my own, may as well rebuild the old club and go back to crime."
To me, it's fucked up brilliant that he picks someone like Kobra to be his disciple; a generic looking, seeming harmless pretty boy, especially when compared to most of the rest of the cast. but this is Kabal. not just Kabal, but dead alive born again evil and heavily influenced by Havik Kabal. He wants to turn the pretty boy into a weapon and make him as ugly inside as Kabal is outside.
And I still and have always maintained that Kira and Skarlet are eventually gonna be revealed to be either directly related, or the same person. And the last thing you hear or see of her is in that bigass upside down temple in Chaosrealm (another section you couldn't touch until the game was beaten, which leads me to believe they didn't have time to finish the parts of the story that went along with them), and she's lost her memory and needs you to help her retrieve it. I think "Kira" is just the person Kabal convinced Skarlet she was in order to bend her to his will, which is almost as fucked up as recruiting a male model to turn him into a murder monster.

If they went back and did that story now...I dare say it would be way less lame.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Also, stoking the flames of rumors on fire...I think:

-Reiko's going to get in and play like Cryomancer.
-Sub-Zero's finally gonna get his MKDC teleport back.
-Cyrax's default head is going to be 75% cybernetic, 25% person.
-Reptile and Ermac are probably going to be reduced to variations for Onaga and Shang Tsung.
-Erron Black is eventually going to cross the bad guys and die in a blaze of glory that'll make people cry.
-Neither Johnny nor Sonya gets in. They're both in Seido and they die in a Resistance attack, setting up an eventual knockdown dragout fight between Jax and Darrius.
-The Falling Cliffs stage will return, and shrink over time like the original.

Seriously...that stage, though. how did they even get up there? Why not just fight on the ground?