What's new

"Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Kollection" Leaked on Steam

KCJ506

Noob
I don't believe it either but I don't believe in ROB either. What exactly makes ROB more believable than this and who even is ROB? It also says 2 new packs of characters and only mentions 5 of them and not even in which pack they will be in. So I don't see how this leak deconfirms Sheeva or ROB.

Also why is everyone keep mentioning assists as an argument for fake leaks? Saibot slide is an assist. Mileena's Sai is an assist and even though Mileena is not in, Kitana has the whole stance built around it.
It's implied that ROB may be Robocop. Which would make sense since Terminator is in and they had a Robocop vs Terminator back in the day.

And Noob's slide assist doesn't really work the same as the one that's part of his actual moveset. Nor does Kitana using Mileena's sais. If any missing character has an offensive assist move which has that character's face as the icon which is shown when used by the CPU or shown in the ToT in the upper right part of the screen when you're about to select that ToT, then I think it's safe to say that NRS doesn't plan on making that character DLC. Shang Tsung, Nightwolf and Sindel didn't have assists before being added. Fujin and Sheeva have been datamined and they don't have assists as well. Havik initially had an assist, but got removed shortly before launch. Which implies that he'll be DLC. And I don't recall an instance when an assist got removed after the base game launched.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Fujin and Reiko warms my heart.
I don't see the point in additional story chapters.

And that Injustice 3 info sounds too good to be true. Two story modes (hero/villain?) sounds fucking awesome, but that's not happening. Never.

Zatanna and Etrigan are really cool. I like Huntress too. But seeing Penguin (wtf) and Killer Croc there... come on, just make a Batman only fighting game with his allies and villains. There's enough material for a complete game. And I would buy it day one.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Not a fan of Ermac. The damn robots have more personality.
MehI disagree, sektor is stiff as fuck and literally talks like a constipated robot. Cyrax has personality though. Though i do love sektor gameplay wise. But ermac is way cooler than than a cyborg to me, since deception has been far more interesting if you ask me. Wasn't a huge huge fan of 2nd timeline emac though the part with jax was badass. Sad that they made him such a jobber. But yeah emac has far more personality than others not wanted like the newer mk 11 characters and Jacqui. I'd bet a million dollars most mk fans would agree

Last edited:
Ermac, Sektor and Cyrax should be first ballot picks for base roster or DLC. Trying to pit the cool Trilogy characters against one another is dumb when the real resistance should come against trash like Noob's side chick, dollar store Raiden, and the CrAZY CLeRiC. MK9 happened for a reason and I doubt it was to eventually wind up back in the same situation Armageddon lead us where you have a shitload of garbage bloating the rosters.

Zviko

Noob
It's implied that ROB may be Robocop. Which would make sense since Terminator is in and they had a Robocop vs Terminator back in the day.

And Noob's slide assist doesn't really work the same as the one that's part of his actual moveset.
It's also known that ROB stood for Triborg in MKX.
That about Noob's assist is a weak argument. It actually does work the same in the corner.

Plop

Noob
Havik initially had an assist, but got removed shortly before launch. Which implies that he'll be DLC. And I don't recall an instance when an assist got removed after the base game launched.
How do we know this if it was before launch? What was his assist?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I don't believe it either but I don't believe in ROB either. What exactly makes ROB more believable than this and who even is ROB? It also says 2 new packs of characters and only mentions 5 of them and not even in which pack they will be in. So I don't see how this leak deconfirms Sheeva or ROB.

Also why is everyone keep mentioning assists as an argument for fake leaks? Saibot slide is an assist. Mileena's Sai is an assist and even though Mileena is not in, Kitana has the whole stance built around it.
Saibot slide is a curious case. In the datamine the name of the character who has that assist is called Onyx, which is weird. Also, if we're going to get technical, Saibot is an assist, not Noob. I think 'something' happened there, though I have no idea what.

Also, Kitana having Mileena's sai in her moveset does not equal to Mileena being playable in any way. It does not negate the assist = deconfirmation 'rule'.

KCJ506

Noob
Saibot slide is a curious case. In the datamine the name of the character who has that assist is called Onyx, which is weird. Also, if we're going to get technical, Saibot is an assist, not Noob. I think 'something' happened there, though I have no idea what.

Also, Kitana having Mileena's sai in her moveset does not equal to Mileena being playable in any way. It does not negate the assist = deconfirmation 'rule'.
Do you think I should post what I mentioned on gamefaqs about characters unlikely to be DLC if they were in MKX's base roster?

KCJ506

Noob
I think you just did!
Well I meant like pointing out the patterns for the DLC in NRS' last couple of games.

Eh what the hell. Might as well

I've also mentioned numerous times in the past that if anyone looked back at the history of the last couple of NRS games, they'd see that they never made a character that was in the base roster of one game DLC in the next one. And I just know that somebody will try to use Cyrax, Sektor and Cyber Sub in MKX as a counterpoint so I'll just say this right here, you can't make an example out of them because the character who was DLC is Triborg, They were merely variations of that character. The cyborgs also didn't have individual fatalities. They all had the same X-ray attack. They even all had the same intro dialogue rather than character specific ones depending on which one you were using. Hell Cyber Sub doesn't even get acknowledged even if he's being used.

And if people have noticed, all three MK characters that were in the first KP of MK11 were all ones that missed out on MKX. Fujin and Sheeva have been datamined and like Shang Tsung, Nightwolf and Sindel weren't playable in MKX nor do they have assists. I think it's safe to say that this will apply to whatever other MK characters that are in KP2. People thinking that either Mileena, Ermac, Reptile, Quan Chi, Kenshi, Takeda etc will be part of the pack are likely just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Raider

Noob
New leak that sounds believable to me:

Aftermath features a brand-new cinematic story centered around trust and deceit. Fire God Liu Kang, the new keeper of time and protector of Earthrealm, looks to secure the future he envisions. In order to do so, he is forced to enlist the help of some unlikely allies and familiar foes. Players will have to decide who they can trust and who they must defeat with fate on the line. Forge a new history.

New Playable Fighters - Sheeva and Fujin triumphantly return, with special guest RoboCop making his debut in Mortal Kombat.

Stage Fatalities - The Klassic finishing move is back! Use the world as your weapon, and watch as the environment engulfs, eviscerates and destroys your opponents.

Friendships - You can dance if you want to. Friendly finishes are back for the entire roster. Kill them with Kindness as the ultimate troll move.

New Stages - Kronika's Keep and Soul Chamber will be brand-new additions. Aftermath will also bring the klassic Dead Pool stage and RetroKade featuring favorites from MKI-III.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/g9k1sm

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Hmmm ... I admit this leak doesn't have anything unbelievable besides the fact that it lacks details on this new single player mode. If it's cinematic, I doubt it's real. It also seems to play it safe and makes no mention of any antagonists.

It could be a non-cinematic single player mode to add replayability to the game.

Interesting, nonetheless.

First leak I cannot outright call fake from the get go. We'll see.

I find it suspicious that it came out a few days after the other one, though.

EDIT: oh, just re-read and stresses it's cinematic. More doubtful now.

DOUBLE EDIT:pretty sure it's that asshole with the mobile leak. The one with the female contact he refers to as she, in order to make the leak sound believable. 90% sure it's fake, now.

Also, an excel file as proof? Yeah, ok.

Last edited:

Mr.Khen

I am you

Aftermath features a brand-new cinematic story centered around trust and deceit. Fire God Liu Kang, the new keeper of time and protector of Earthrealm, looks to secure the future he envisions. In order to do so, he is forced to enlist the help of some unlikely allies and familiar foes. Players will have to decide who they can trust and who they must defeat with fate on the line. Forge a new history.

New Playable Fighters - Sheeva and Fujin triumphantly return, with special guest RoboCop making his debut in Mortal Kombat.

Stage Fatalities - The Klassic finishing move is back! Use the world as your weapon, and watch as the environment engulfs, eviscerates and destroys your opponents.

Friendships - You can dance if you want to. Friendly finishes are back for the entire roster. Kill them with Kindness as the ultimate troll move.

New Stages - Kronika's Keep and Soul Chamber will be brand-new additions. Aftermath will also bring the klassic Dead Pool stage and RetroKade featuring favorites from MKI-III.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/g9k1sm
Oi Oi Vey ...RoboCop. Nrs are such trolls. The only part of the leak I wish isn't true (that and not getting Cyrax and Sektor)

Last edited:

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
That latest leak sound plausible.

Also people saying no way, there wont be any story DLC, think about the title of the confirmed steam leak.

Its called AFTERMATH. Its literally in the title that we very likely gonna see what happens after the end of story mode.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
That latest leak sound plausible.

Also people saying no way, there wont be any story DLC, think about the title of the confirmed steam leak.

Its called AFTERMATH. Its literally in the title that we very likely gonna see what happens after the end of story mode.
I only believe story dlc because it was datamined, thus it's a possibility. Not because of this rumour (ain't gonna dignify it by calling it a leak).

Pizza

Thrill Kill

Yeah, I don't think so.

And Robocop hasn't been relevant since the early 90s lol

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
"leak" after "leak" which just drives the expectations up to a point that even when we get good things people will complain that its not enough....

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
"leak" after "leak" which just drives the expectations up to a point that even when we get good things people will complain that its not enough....
When a new leak comes every day after 'something' official gets announced or pictures leak, it means it's probably bullshit.

There was this legit gamespot interview of Boon a few days ago, and now each day a new fucking rando appears and gives us 'leaks'.

Attention-whoring trolls, the lot of them.