What's new

"Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Kollection" Leaked on Steam

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
As a Mileena main who is not whinny, I'm saddened by all the Mileena hate.

Having said that, I would be very, very surprised if she made it into the game, seeing as how Highborn Kitana has Halfblood Stance and one of Kitana's Gear is a Sai.
I don't expect Mileena to make it in this game at all, but they can easily incorporate her using her claws and applying different buffs to them, have her using command grabs, give her different uses out of her ball roll, turning her sky kick into a sort of overhead that she pounces on the opponent and mauls them. Maybe give her a few strings with the sai, but with her somewhat feral nature, and some competency in sorcery, she really doesn't NEED sai. It's just we automatically associate her with sai since that what she always uses

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I don't expect Mileena to make it in this game at all, but they can easily incorporate her using her claws and applying different buffs to them, have her using command grabs, give her different uses out of her ball roll, turning her sky kick into a sort of overhead that she pounces on the opponent and mauls them. Maybe give her a few strings with the sai, but with her somewhat feral nature, and some competency in sorcery, she really doesn't NEED sai. It's just we automatically associate her with sai since that what she always uses
But she does need the sai. That’s her trademark weapon. Think about what you just said. Now think about if it were Kitana in this situation. Can you imagine kitana without her fans?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
pretty hardly to occur this scenario here .... that would be an amazing possibility, but knowing the "modus operandi" of NRS games released so far, and their DLC politic, will not happen ..... they are saving her , for her comeback in MK12, in 2024 or 2025, hehe .... so all of us, crybabies and Mileena fanboys, will rejoice and buy the game at pre order, no matter what, lol ! :p

At this point, I much prefer they do something better, as bringing Havik or Sareena as updated and rebuilt modern characters for MK11 ;)

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
But she does need the sai. That’s her trademark weapon. Think about what you just said. Now think about if it were Kitana in this situation. Can you imagine kitana without her fans?
No, I really don't think Mileena does. Kitana has really only used her fans throughout her whole existence. Mileena shown she absolutely has other means of causing damage in other ways. I just enjoy taking risks lol. I'm sticking with we only think she needs them cause she's always seen with them. She absolutely can be her own character/fighter without them

xKhaoTik

No, I really don't think Mileena does. Kitana has really only used her fans throughout her whole existence. Mileena shown she absolutely has other means of causing damage in other ways. I just enjoy taking risks lol. I'm sticking with we only think she needs them cause she's always seen with them. She absolutely can be her own character/fighter without them
Are you thinking about Ravenous? Yea she’s feral in that variation but she still uses a sai lol. Piercing and Ethereal were focused purely on the sai

Kitana has her Sai (something Iconic to Mileena), her sai throw (something iconic to Mileena), and her teleport (something iconic to Mileena). That leaves ball roll. Mileena is NOT going to be in the game without those moves lol

I’m a Mileena fan also but damn, some people just need to let the dream die lol

Are you thinking about Ravenous? Yea she’s feral in that variation but she still uses a sai lol. Piercing and Ethereal were focused purely on the sai

Kitana has her Sai (something Iconic to Mileena), her sai throw (something iconic to Mileena), and her teleport (something iconic to Mileena). That leaves ball roll. Mileena is NOT going to be in the game without those moves lol

He did preface everything he said by stating he didn't expect Mileena would make it in though. He's just listing a way he thinks it could happen, basically a different take on the character.

Zviko

Noob
I can see Mileena in tbh. Such a highly requested character, would sell like crazy. But if she doesn't make it in MK11 then I can't see her in MK12's base roster either. She'll be in KP1 guaranteed.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader

Exactly, ravenous was a thing cause the sai isn't necessary for her to cause damage, and she really only used the sai to stab, which she can easily just bite the shit outta them. I've never seen Kitana ripping someone in half with her barehands, cause she isn't equipped to fight without her fans, Mileena has shown she's able to fight without her sai due to her feral nature, and some familiarity with sorcery. Like I said, I don't expect to see her in, but her sai is not all she is

E

Eldriken

If Mileena made it in, I'd expect her to be a completely different character than usual since Kitana has some of her trademark abilities.

This isn't bad, however. It would be incentive to reinvent the wheel for her.

Still don't want her ass in the game, however. Damn woman gives me PTSD.

xKhaoTik

Exactly, ravenous was a thing cause the sai isn't necessary for her to cause damage, and she really only used the sai to stab, which she can easily just bite the shit outta them. I've never seen Kitana ripping someone in half with her barehands, cause she isn't equipped to fight without her fans, Mileena has shown she's able to fight without her sai due to her feral nature, and some familiarity with sorcery. Like I said, I don't expect to see her in, but her sai is not all she is
Nearly every character in the game has a weapon tho. One of the main focuses on this game were having characters return with their iconic weapons from the past (hence sindel with her Kwan Dao and Liu Kang with his nunchucks). If by some miracle Mileena were to return in this game, there’s no way she would return without her sai. It’s way too iconic. She even has fatalities around the sai.

I get what you’re saying but I just don’t think they would redesign her without a sai

Just like Sonya's leg grab. Wait...
He is pointing out a design decision NetherRealm Studios has openly stated: Mortal Kombat 11 does have more of a focus on the display and use of weapons. Traditionally, they're weapons the characters have wielded before.

Given that fact, it would make sense if Mileena were to be included in the game, she'd have her Sais as the only weapons the character has ever used.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Nearly every character in the game has a weapon tho. One of the main focuses on this game were having characters return with their iconic weapons from the past (hence sindel with her Kwan Dao and Liu Kang with his nunchucks). If by some miracle Mileena were to return in this game, there’s no way she would return without her sai. It’s way too iconic. She even has fatalities around the sai.

I get what you’re saying but I just don’t think they would redesign her without a sai
Cage has his wraps, and Tsung has his little magic artifacts, which really don't do anything combat wise. I was thinking Mileena could use those nail things Jade has or something along those lines, or hell, let us customize her mouth so we can get an MK X style or before that lol

Kitana uses a sai in 2 moves lol. That isn't stopping Mileena from coming back. Remember when people saw Cetrion's wind moves and instantly assumed there was no way Fujin was in?
Or Johnny Cage's stunt double meant there was no way Noob was coming back. Kitana doesnt even use Mileena's Sai the same way

Zviko

Noob
He is pointing out a design decision NetherRealm Studios has openly stated: Mortal Kombat 11 does have more of a focus on the display and use of weapons. Traditionally, they're weapons the characters have wielded before.

Given that fact, it would make sense if Mileena were to be included in the game, she'd have her Sais as the only weapons the character has ever used.
That's fine. I was just pointing out that what he said about her sais is true about Sonya's leg grab as well and where is it? Also what you said is not entirely true. What's Sonya's weapon then? Turret? But she had a drone. And now Cassie has it. How does that work then. I don't see why Mileena can't still have her sais if she does come back. And I don't know what's the problem if she doesn't.

Either way, imo it's definitely worse that someone else gets someone else's iconic moves than not include it to the original character. Especially in this case where Mileena is supposed to be Kitana's clone, not the other way around.

xKhaoTik

Just like Sonya's leg grab. Wait...
Too bad I’m talking about weapons and not special attacks. And clearly I was talking about what NRS themselves have said about characters and their weapons.
That was nice attempt to look smart tho lol

Zviko

Noob
Too bad I’m talking about weapons and not special attacks. And clearly I was talking about what NRS themselves have said about characters and their weapons.
That was nice attempt to look smart tho lol
Lol, chill. There's a reason I only quoted the last part. Weapon part is a good argument which is why I didn't mention it. But what you said about being iconic and fatalities and shit,...not so much. So yeah, was pretty smart tbh. This reply wasn't.

That's fine. I was just pointing out that what he said about her sais is true about Sonya's leg grab as well and where is it? Also what you said is not entirely true. What's Sonya's weapon then? Turret? But she had a drone. And now Cassie has it. How does that work then. I don't see why Mileena can't still have her sais if she does come back. And I don't know what's the problem if she doesn't.

Either way, imo it's definitely worse that someone else gets someone else's iconic moves than not include it to the original character. Especially in this case where Mileena is supposed to be Kitana's clone, not the other way around.
True, but Sonya's Leg Grab is a special move, similar to Kitana's Square Boost (coincidently taken from Sonya) or Mileena's Dive Kick.

For Sonya, I'd say her weapon would be her energy ring gauntlets. They even remove that from her in the Story Mode. She's weaponless, has to fight, and at a disadvantage with no specials or normals using her gauntlets.

Having said all that, a more feral take on Mileena would be cool, I'm not opposed to it!