What's new

MORTAL KOMBAT 11: AFTERMATH (FUJIN, SHEEVA, ROBOCOP) CONFIRMED

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Is this the part where we all pretend we're not crushingly disappointed that the ultra irrelevant Robocop is in MK when the fucking series has two in-universe robots fans would rather see more?
Robocop >>> Cyrax + Sektor

shut the fuck up nerd before I spank you
This made me laugh so hard bye I hate you.

Kinky.

Y'all are acting surprised that this expansion is $40 but this price is normal for someone who plays The Sims. At least we're actually getting content and not just weather and a mini skirt y'know.

I wasn't hyped for Robocop until I saw him. He looks sick. However, I wish we were getting more horror guests instead of action guests. Simply because that's more my cup of tea. I guess I'll rely on Dead by Daylight to get my horror fix for now.

All the people complaining about not wanting to support guests as if it matters at this point. Y'all have got to be tired of complaining and begging.

Meanwhile, guests are gonna keep coming like:
Stream the Say So Remix

Also, can Xbox not preorder the expansion from the Xbox Store? Or do we have to preorder Aftermath through Gamestop?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
His official gameplay description mentions his gun, flamethrower, riot shield, and various ammo types. Most of those things are identical to deadshot who also had various ammo types.

Additionally, the character has bounced projectiles off of surfaces (much like deadshot), so it's not hard to put the pieces together.

Espio

Kokomo
I surprisingly want to play all of them.

Sheeva I'm most excited for but Fujin riding the wind like the King he is....we have to stan!

If Robocop has a human skin in there, I might fuck with it too!

I know people are tripping about the price but in the context of having to pay all these different actors, animators, designers for story mode plus friendships for all playable characters, all the new stages, all the new skins etc I'm not to pressed about it in particular and they're also giving stuff away free to people. If it was just the three characters I could understand the annoyance at pricing but it's more than that and the context behind the content as well.

Games nowadays do reward those who wait but this has been the case for years, this ain't brand new. I'm not saying it should be that way, but the best strategy would be if you're content waiting over a year for MK or SF or DBFZ type games do that, but a lot of people wanna play off rip so there's that.

Art Lean

Noob
I know people are tripping about the price but in the context of having to pay all these different actors, animators, designers for story mode plus friendships for all playable characters, all the new stages, all the new skins etc I'm not to pressed about it in particular and they're also giving stuff away free to people. If it was just the three characters I could understand the annoyance at pricing but it's more than that and the context behind the content as well.
Let's not forget that back in the 90s, Ultimate MK3 and MK Trilogy came out on systems that had already received MK3 (and many people had bought the original accordingly). And all they largely did was add a few characters, then cut and pasted them to multiply them... and yet those were released at full price $50 releases irrespective of whether you'd owned the original base game.

I've pre-ordered my Aftermath and can't wait... loving my new PS4 dynamic skin it gave me too :cool:

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Let's not forget that back in the 90s, Ultimate MK3 and MK Trilogy came out on systems that had already received MK3 (and many people had bought the original accordingly). And all they largely did was add a few characters, then cut and pasted them to multiply them... and yet those were released at full price $50 releases irrespective of whether you'd owned the original base game.

I've pre-ordered my Aftermath and can't wait... loving my new PS4 dynamic skin it gave me too :cool:
People conveniently forget the past when there's something new to pearl clutch at.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter

Which would be $84.68 today. https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1995?amount=50

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
They added the story elements to justify the $40 price tag. Which I care absolutely nothing about. Wish I could just purchase the characters. As I said in the other thread, I never even finished the story, just rushed through to the point where you unlock Frost then stopped.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Don't care what business practices companies have had in the past or present. The price is too steep in my opinion for a mixed bag of content.

I'll wait until they items are sold individually, or I won't buy anything at all.

MK3 - UMK3:

-Added Scorpion, Classic Sub-Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Mileena, Kitana, Jade, Human Smoke, Rain & Noob-Saibot (home ports)
-New stages: Scorpion's Lair, Jade's Desert, Kavern, Waterfront, Noob's Dorfen, Lost Portal
-Game wide balance changes
-2v2 Mode
-Tournament Mode
-Shao Kahn's Lost Treasures

MK11 - Aftermath:

-Adds Fujin, Sheeva and Robocop
-A couple new chapters in Story Mode
-3 Skin packs
-Possibly balance changes but nothing confirmed/advertised
Stages, friendships, stage fatalities are free.

Seems like UMK3 was the better buy. Over 20 years ago. Sad.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I surprisingly want to play all of them.

Sheeva I'm most excited for but Fujin riding the wind like the King he is....we have to stan!

If Robocop has a human skin in there, I might fuck with it too!

Games nowadays do reward those who wait but this has been the case for years, this ain't brand new. I'm not saying it should be that way, but the best strategy would be if you're content waiting over a year for MK or SF or DBFZ type games do that, but a lot of people wanna play off rip so there's that.
I'd wager the cost of the paid content is helping offset all the free stuff like Friendships. If it was all in one package you had to buy, it would probably be less, but they want/need to get some content to existing players to keep general interest up and get everyone they can playing. And/Or people will pay it so that's what you charge.

I'm probably going to have to think about finding income again before throwing down on more stuff for the game personally. I like the look of the characters, but I think I can be satisfied making sweet sweet friendships to people for awhile.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I like that we have to rely on an eclectic group integrated by Shang Tsung, Fujin, Sheeva, Sindel and Nightwolf to save the day. It's the strangest team ever, but I'm excited to see what they do.

They have to unfuck everything Kronika did and stop the madmen Raiden and Liu Kang before it's too late.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I like that we have to rely on an eclectic group integrated by Shang Tsung, Fujin, Sheeva, Sindel and Nightwolf to save the day. It's the strangest team ever, but I'm excited to see what they do.

They have to unfuck everything Kronika did and stop the madmen Raiden and Liu Kang before it's too late.
Nothing a few down ups cant fix. :p

raz777

Noob
Only 3 DLC characters?? We need more...i wonder if there is going to be more characters added in the future....

Happy to see Friendships/Stage fatalities, but really just want some serious balance work done. I'm not someone who needs 50/50 throws just gone or something like that, but at the very least a krushing blow pass to make it feasible for everyone to land them is LONG overdue.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Legends.

Sheeva.

Pick one.

Jokes aside, the story mode looks really good. The friendships look really good. The new costume for sub and gang look really good. That being said, I’ll be saving $40 by not purchasing it. Kudos to those happy about it though.

I liked everything except Robocop. He can fuck off or you know what? No.

It's actually Stryker under that armor, not Alex Murphy. Rescued from the depths of Hell by the Special Forces and undergoing intense surgery and modifications to remove his tainted Revenant mindset so it can be replaced with THE LAW.
Inspired by some old shitty b-movie the Cage family watched on a Friday Night, this is the true fate of Kurtis Stryker.

End of the day it's a whole bunch of good vs another stupid guest so not too bad.