What's new

MORTAL KOMBAT 11: AFTERMATH (FUJIN, SHEEVA, ROBOCOP) CONFIRMED

This looks amazing but $40 is a little steep. Hopefully, we'll get a Kombat Kast at some point before release, and there will be some gameplay tweaks. I'm in a kinda holding pattern with this game at the moment. I'll play it for a day, then not touch it for a week or two. So the only thing that is going to get me to spend more money is changes to core mechanics or variations.
P.S. Fujin looks amazing! He's a wind god with a hurricane kick!

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
This looks amazing but $40 is a little steep. Hopefully, we'll get a Kombat Kast at some point before release, and there will be some gameplay tweaks. I'm in a kinda holding pattern with this game at the moment. I'll play it for a day, then not touch it for a week or two. So the only thing that is going to get me to spend more money is changes to core mechanics or variations.
P.S. Fujin looks amazing! He's a wind god with a hurricane kick!
yes hopefully we can be spoiled with a huge kombat Kast!

Gamer68

Fujin!
Honestly I'm just happy to see Fujin back, I've been wanting him forever and he looks great. Also glad to see more klassic stages.

$40 is a bit much so I'll probably be waiting a little while after it comes out before I get it, especially since I'll also have to get PS+ to play.

I will say that I haven't been interested in playing MK11 at all for the longest time (especially online), but this looks like it might be enough for the game to get my attention again.

trufenix

bye felicia
MK3 - UMK3:

-Added Scorpion, Classic Sub-Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Mileena, Kitana, Jade, Human Smoke, Rain & Noob-Saibot (home ports)
-New stages: Scorpion's Lair, Jade's Desert, Kavern, Waterfront, Noob's Dorfen, Lost Portal
-Game wide balance changes
-2v2 Mode
-Tournament Mode
-Shao Kahn's Lost Treasures

MK11 - Aftermath:

-Adds Fujin, Sheeva and Robocop
-A couple new chapters in Story Mode
-3 Skin packs
-Possibly balance changes but nothing confirmed/advertised
Stages, friendships, stage fatalities are free.

Seems like UMK3 was the better buy. Over 20 years ago. Sad.
Umk3 added backgrounds that did nothing and about eight characters that were palette swaps and included such brilliant fatalities as Scorpion's penguin animality and also a completely fucked competitive tier list.

You're already getting more than that for free.

trufenix

bye felicia
Ahh the mk fanbase never disappoints. Not what we want and why would they bother with that? Oh and they want me to spend money for it? Shame nrs, shame.

Ah who cares this game'll be dead next year anyway might as well pre order

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Ouch that price...... great deal for anyone who hasn't bought the game but for those day 1- ers like me that's a bit steep. Already spent $130 (cad) on this game and they're asking for another $53 (cad). If anything, premium owners should get a discount.
Yeah they're offering the full Kollection (Base Game + DLC leading up to + Aftermath) for the standard 60 USD price of admission. It would have been nice to see a premium edition discount but w/e lol

Raider

Noob
Ouch that price...... great deal for anyone who hasn't bought the game but for those day 1- ers like me that's a bit steep. Already spent $130 (cad) on this game and they're asking for another $53 (cad). If anything, premium owners should get a discount.
Exactly. I find this, really, really wrong. WB usually always does this to early adopters and with DLC releases. It's slap in the face for us the pre-ordered the game or got it day one. I see a lot of ppl are complaining but it will probably not change anything.

Umk3 added backgrounds that did nothing and about eight characters that were palette swaps and included such brilliant fatalities as Scorpion's penguin animality and also a completely fucked competitive tier list.

You're already getting more than that for free.
This isn't accurate though. To correct you:

• Scorpion's Lair (Hell) has a Stage Fatality and a Stage transition.
  • Eight characters that are indeed all pallet swaps, and are among the most popular and requested characters in the franchise. To this day.
  • Scorpion's Animality is not a Fatality.
  • Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 3 and it's updates are generally cheesy and over-the-top.
  • Sub-Zero's Ice Clone was completely broken in Mortal Kombat 3. While Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 has issues of it's own, it was more balanced and became the tournament standard version of the game to this day.

Raider

Noob
Also i find it kinda worrying that they didn't even mention any gameplay/balance changes.

I mean new stuff like characters and cosmetics is nice, it makes ppl excited for few days or weeks but it doesn't really fix the problems and flaws of this game.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Exited to see Fujin. Less exited seeing his moves involve so much weapon attacks. ill wait for his trailer
Considering we saw what appears to be only 3 special moves, 1 string, and a tidbit of his FB, I think we can be safe assuming he has more kung fu / wind normals, strings, and specials yet to be seen.

Art Lean

Noob
I know, but to be fair, I spend more money than the cost of this DLC per week on beer. Which is just making me fat and not doing my liver any good. I spend money on much more stupid shit, so whilst I'd prefer it cheaper, I'd be a hypocrite in respect of my own spending if I made a big song and dance about it personally. Especially since I've had fun with MK11 literally every day for the last year.

Anyway, one thing that really sells this for me, is not just that it's story mode DLC, that wouldn't have necessarily interested me that much... it's the fact that it's a story mode centred around Tagawa's Shang Tsung!

That for me has me excited; I get the 1995 movie Shang I loved when I was 13, in his MK1 visual form (and hey, maybe his youthful movie form too?), chewing the villainous scenery in the story mode for the new game? Sign me up!!!! I loved having him back in Legacy, so some of the cost for me is like paying for my cinema ticket to see a proper follow-up to the original movie in a weird way (at least, my favourite part of it). If he wasn't part of this story (or indeed if he was just some stock voice-acted version of bland Shang like in MK9 and Legends) I'd probably be cringing at the cost a bit more, but Tagawa's history with the franchise is a huge part of what I'm looking forward to finally seeing play out like an interactive movie! :cool:

Levaranoia

War God
I really hope they overhaul the character select and automatically have everyone's variations available to use instead of having to set ourselves. Like I can't believe that was overlooked for custom bullshit.

It would also be nice if they dropped another variation on us for each character or had some major changes to spice things up a bit.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I really hope they overhaul the character select and automatically have everyone's variations available to use instead of having to set ourselves. Like I can't believe that was overlooked for custom bullshit.

It would also be nice if they dropped another variation on us for each character or had some major changes to spice things up a bit.
What if they removed tourney variations all together?