What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Official Launch Trailer

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think a reason a lot of people aren’t getting as hype from this trailer especially compared to the other ones is because pretty much every trailer before this one has been amazing. And just about every new trailer was better than the last. Although I do think the EVO trailer was the most hype. And every trailer except the Geras and Nitara one had multiple reveals, whereas this one only had one reveal and we all already knew for a fact who was going to be revealed. I think they needed to show more Reiko and Shang as well as focus solely on all the characters that haven’t been shown much or any gameplay. I know that they did do this, but I think even showing other characters gameplay was a waste, like what was the point in showing Sub-Zero’s back throw that we’ve seen a hundred times already? Obviously it was just a couple seconds but there were a few things in there we have already seen.

But with all that said, ultimately, I think this final trailer was good enough. It’s just, as I said, not as good or as hype as pretty much any of the other ones. And the fact that with the other ones, even though we pretty much knew the roster, we didn’t know 100% the full roster but we also didn’t know who was going to be revealed. And like I said, for this one, everyone knew they were gonna reveal Reiko and show Shang Tsung gameplay.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Overall a nice trailer, but a huge downgrade compared to MKX's launch trailer with Chop fucking Suey and 11's launch trailer with the remixed MK movie theme

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Hidy tags are for cowards. Should remove them and force people to use real names.. Might reduce toxicity

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Hidy tags are for cowards. Should remove them and force people to use real names.. Might reduce toxicity
Lol i mean for the funny name im not a toxic player.. and thats retarded , you beat hacker online warrior he gets butthurt and doxxes you or someother malicious shit

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Yeah bro, I'm sure women and other minorities would love having their personal details made public so they can be targeted by creeps and bigots. Dogshit take.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah bro, I'm sure women and other minorities would love having their personal details made public so they can be targeted by creeps and bigots. Dogshit take.
I’m pretty sure He’s talking about the players who use hidey’s on PSN or XBL so that people don’t know they just faced NinjaKilla or whatever. I get it from both sides, just depends on the reasoning.

If he meant “real names” as in their actual real name, then yeah, I agree, bad take.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Using real names = bad. Using your actual PSN ID or Xbox Gamertag, good.

Can someone define "doxx?"
I think its when someone finds out your real name on the internet and uses this info to harass you (online or not), like, finding your social media profiles and commenting dumb things on all your photos, or something to that degree.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Using real names = bad. Using your actual PSN ID or Xbox Gamertag, good.

Can someone define "doxx?"
Doxxing is when your personal information that can be used to identify you is presented online. Typically, this is used by someone as a means of encouraging people to harass an individual in real life. For example, if I wanted to Doxx you, I would post your real name, phone number, pictures of you, and/or address online like here or Twitter so that people could harass you in real life. Often times the goal is not only to harass the individual, but to get them fired for things they've posted online by revealing the person under the account.

People can also self Doxx when they (typically accidentally or without thinking) reveal their own personal info online.

Doxxing is when your personal information that can be used to identify you is presented online. Typically, this is used by someone as a means of encouraging people to harass an individual in real life. For example, if I wanted to Doxx you, I would post your real name, phone number, pictures of you, and/or address online like here or Twitter so that people could harass you in real life. Often times the goal is not only to harass the individual, but to get them fired for things they've posted online by revealing the person under the account.

People can also self Doxx when they (typically accidentally or without thinking) reveal their own personal info online.
Thanks for clarifying. It's awful what people do.