What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Official Launch Trailer

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.

Finally got some Shang and Reiko gameplay, just as I figured we would. Although they didn’t give us TOO much, and apparently Shang is like half Wolverine now, lol.

2 more days for early release!!
oh my gawd ! :)

fucking cool , fucking badass !

Damn, Shang Tsung looks so damn awesome, wtf that fatality ? Pure Alien homage ! ;)

Amazing !

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Based on this trailer and a couple clips I’ve seen, I don’t think I’m gonna be too interested in Reiko. And that’s not because he doesn’t look good or anything. It’s just I’m already wanting to use so many characters, and he didn’t “wow” me like the other characters have so far. That said, as I’ve already said, I’m still gonna at least try everyone out even if it’s only for like 15-20 mins or so in training mode. So who knows ¯\(ツ)

Also kinda feel similar with Shang, but to be fair, with both characters, haven’t seen all that much with them yet. Again, just gonna have to wait and see. All I know is that I cannot wait!!

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Really dropped the ball on this.... after hearing a remnant of the MK Theme in the live action trailer I was hoping that we would get the MK Theme again like with MK11 Launch Trailer. They should use the theme in every launch trailer as a gimick. Everyone loves it. Even people that do not play MK love it.

molambo

(X ౪ X )
Great trailer for a hopefully great game.
I am still curios how the final day patch switch version is gonna perform. Just in case I want to have it on the go.

Jynks

• Playable : Kung Lao, Mileena, Scorpion, Lee Mai, Reiko Radian, Nitara, Jean-Claude Van Damm / Jonny Cage, Sub-Zero, Lou Kang, Geras, Baraka, Kitana, Reptile, Shang Tsung, General Shao
  • Kameos : Scorpion, Shunjinko, Darriuss, Sareena, Sonya, Jax, Frost, Sector, Striker
  • Modes : Story Mode, Invasion Mode, Test Your Might, Match Modifiers, Skill Tests

Based on this trailer and a couple clips I’ve seen, I don’t think I’m gonna be too interested in Reiko. And that’s not because he doesn’t look good or anything. It’s just I’m already wanting to use so many characters, and he didn’t “wow” me like the other characters have so far. That said, as I’ve already said, I’m still gonna at least try everyone out even if it’s only for like 15-20 mins or so in training mode. So who knows ¯\(ツ)

Also kinda feel similar with Shang, but to be fair, with both characters, haven’t seen all that much with them yet. Again, just gonna have to wait and see. All I know is that I cannot wait!!
Reiko's animations seem like a Li Mei redesign....their fight pose, the 12 string, even the knee...weird maybe they had to rush a bit with his animations

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Shang looks veeeery interesting. And Shujinko steals Scorpion's spear move! This alone makes him quite an interesting kameo I'd be sure to pick up. The stages look awesome in motion too, defo a step up in regards to mk11

Jynks

Yeah.... have to do a BOSS BATTLE..

Shang + Shu vs Shao + Motaro

Jynks

Shujinko + Sindel.... that is something I need to lab.... oh.. you ice balling frost? Here is ice ball right back at ya, faster than you can cast it.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Shang looks great. And has good fatality but... bed? really? fucking bed? why couldn't he put the opponent on the ground?
Reiko - quite ok, but as was mentioned in his topic - I can't unsee the idea of him rocking Jacqui/feminine moves in general.

why the hell they put JCVD in the launch trailer? how relevant is that? It's not even a base game skin. Plus it's not like he wasn't presented literally couple days back in his own trailer. Pointless af and instead they should include all of the missing characters into the trailer. But yea, marketing...

and speaking of marketing advertising "NEW ALIANCES" and then showing Sub Zero & Scorpion - I mean, really?

both MKX and MK11 launch trailers were way better.

Jynks

why the hell they put JCVD in the launch trailer? how relevant is that? It's not even a base game skin.
Because it is a culmination into reality of the dream that birthed MK... It is so MK having him in the game that they should have just not had Jonny in it at all and just had JVD.

Next dream is MK vs SF

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
They did it. Those last few moments confirm they finally found the bloody line of gore I don't think I can cross. Oooof
(They were kind of there with the last one I suppose)