What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Official Launch Trailer

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Who gives a flying shit about a trailer.
My humble persona.

Spoiled by how great all the previous trailers were. This last one was supposed to rule them all and be a cherry on the top. Instead, I feel that they underdelivered a bit. And it's not only because fighters mentioned by me are missing but there are some more reasons why I think like that.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Reiko is bland. Absolutely nothing interesting about his gameplay.
Very disappointing after all these years

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
This is very interesting, and kinda...inconsistent? A couple things to note:

In the KK with Shao, Sindel & Rain, the combination of Shao+Motaro kameo gave Shao 950 health. In this most recent KK, Shao+Motaro kameo gave Shao 1150 health.

Other health values from this recent KK:

Shang+Shujinko gave him 1000 health. Shang+Goro? 950 health. Mileena+Darrius? 1050 health. Scorpion+Kano? 950 health.

This will be a weird thing to keep track of.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Normally I'm camp Health should not be a balance dial, but this thing looks like a balancing free for all, so there will be some top tier pairings and that's just how things are probably going to roll

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
This is very interesting, and kinda...inconsistent? A couple things to note:

In the KK with Shao, Sindel & Rain, the combination of Shao+Motaro kameo gave Shao 950 health. In this most recent KK, Shao+Motaro kameo gave Shao 1150 health.

Other health values from this recent KK:

Shang+Shujinko gave him 1000 health. Shang+Goro? 950 health. Mileena+Darrius? 1050 health. Scorpion+Kano? 950 health.

This will be a weird thing to keep track of.
Yeah, I'm ok with it not being super consistent. Maybe there's a cameo that offers little to nothing in terms of set play, but the health boost could make it a worthwhile option if you're using a character that plays well with no kameo to begin with.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
We have, in MK11. Basically a band-aid that changed absolutely nothing, balance-wise. I'll just roll with it now and gladly eat my words if it turns out that 5% more or less health does anything significant longterm for the balance of this game, but I'm skeptical.
Oh okay I thought you were saying it was gonna be overpowered

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
We have, in MK11. Basically a band-aid that changed absolutely nothing, balance-wise. I'll just roll with it now and gladly eat my words if it turns out that 5% more or less health does anything significant longterm for the balance of this game, but I'm skeptical.
Gotcha. I can't see it making a huge difference, but it's not entirely nothing. It only ever amounted to "I can get hit by one more projectile" or something like that.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
He has a spear in all of his cinematics and his ending…but doesn’t use it in gameplay at all :laughing: WTF
Also, it's a spear. I don't think anyone's using a spear as their primary weapon in this game. If he was flipping around like the Red Viper in Game of Thrones and using the spear in cool ways I'd be down for it. Since it's a piercing weapon he could have shittier combo potential but great range and higher damage normals or something. I don't know if that's out of character for Reiko but fuck Reiko, who cares.