What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Official Launch Trailer

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Because it is a culmination into reality of the dream that birthed MK... It is so MK having him in the game that they should have just not had Jonny in it at all and just had JVD.

Next dream is MK vs SF
ok, but he got his own, dedicated trailer like 3 days back? we really don't need to be reminded about the fact that he is in a game every hour or so.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
ok, but he got his own, dedicated trailer like 3 days back? we really don't need to be reminded about the fact that he is in a game every hour or so.
pretty sure a launch trailer is seen by a lot more people than other trailers.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
With the air kombos in MK1 I was sure "up fireball" and "3 Up Fireball" would be a move for Shang... we only saw "3 Strait Fireball"... funny as "2 up Water Ball" is a thing for Rain.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Did Mileena use Tarkatan blades in her throw whilst the Sai's were stuck in the opponent? Maybe this has been seen already and called out (may have missed it), but that's pretty damn cool

Last edited:
Shang looks great. And has good fatality but... bed? really? fucking bed? why couldn't he put the opponent on the ground?
Reiko - quite ok, but as was mentioned in his topic - I can't unsee the idea of him rocking Jacqui/feminine moves in general.

why the hell they put JCVD in the launch trailer? how relevant is that? It's not even a base game skin. Plus it's not like he wasn't presented literally couple days back in his own trailer. Pointless af and instead they should include all of the missing characters into the trailer. But yea, marketing...

and speaking of marketing advertising "NEW ALIANCES" and then showing Sub Zero & Scorpion - I mean, really?

both MKX and MK11 launch trailers were way better.
  1. It’s most likely a gurney for where he does his experiments.
  2. I guess you’re gonna ignore that they showed reptile and Baraka working with Liu, Kenshi, and Johnny in the “new alliances” portion?

Shang looks so fucking sick. He's definitely my favourite character in the roster so far - great design, great animations, great move list, hopefully actually great role in the story

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
  1. It’s most likely a gurney for where he does his experiments.
  2. I guess you’re gonna ignore that they showed reptile and Baraka working with Liu, Kenshi, and Johnny in the “new alliances” portion?
  1. Yea - I get it, looks nice, but it's same thing as Johnny brings his fucking lambo into the Netherrealm. Unnecessary and pointless object that couldn't have been transported in certain battlefield. And yes, I get that Shang is sorcerer and he could have just materialize it out of thin air. I think opponent lying on the ground, being kept by some weird skeletal hands appearing from some magic holes would be better. Aesthetic-wise - I have to agree - it's a very good fatality. One of the best in this game.
  2. Of course I ignored it :) only because the first thing I saw after "NEW ALLIANCES" was the bloody cliche alliance. That's it. If they went straight to Baraka/Liu and Reptile/Kung Lao - that would have the proper WOW factor from the very beginning. It's just the matter of how certain pieces were put together and in what order.
Cheers!

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I mean it's just a standard launch trailer but the lack of the MK theme does make it less impactful...
Some scenes make me think a good chunk of the gameplay were meant to be another trailer revealing Reiko and Nitara but it was scratched and then added onto this (which implies that there wasn't even a final launch trailer to begin with but that's a story for another speculation thread!)