What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 - Official Banished Trailer

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Flawless trailer. Can we just appreciate the music too? The small techno vibes present at the start and throughout were perfect, by fucking god
yep, much much better than those old rap hip hop whatever bs they were using on MKX and MK11, so, this techno industrial rock stuff fits much better and is much more exciting to see during the gameplay scenes ! ;)

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
These did not seems as custom , more like story related outfit, that maybe they are using as disguise to enter in some areas .... you see that Johnny Cage looks like as a Kotal Kahn soldier, lol !

Also Johnny with sword seems to be story related only, another disguise stuff he probably was obligated to use
Yea but almost 100% of the time those “story” costumes alway end up being alternate… The very first trailer we got Kenshi had like 3 off the bat all story related but playable lmao.

xiskza

Underworld
Easily the best trailer so far.

Loved how they did Reptile, probably the best ever?

Ashrah and Havik look great too

Designs look great.

Repitles story feels extra cliche (exiled because i'm different with fries and a coke), but whatever. Just odd given I think they've done a decent job doing low effort but decent plots with the rest, his somehow feels off. But whatever.

Sad we didn't get more of Havik's "deal" other than, yes he's got all sorts of wacky bullshit. Would love to know what his lore is for this one.

Either way looks like he's not hanzo so that's a swing and a miss for me.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Since Reptile stole the show, I didn't pay much attention to Havik and Sareena but damn do they both look incredible. Havik's redesign is a 10/10 for me.

Really hoping Sareena makes DLC.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Just woke up.

Trailer dropped so I decided to watch it 3 times and it's - by far - I think the most surprising trailer out of everything we saw.
Side note: I haven't read a single post in this thread yet - not to be unconciously biased by anyone's opinion, so here is mine.

Reptile - when I saw the trailer for the first time, I was like WHAT THE FUCK THEY DID WITH HIM? But then I watched again and again and I'm all in for the new Syzoth's backstory and motives. Damn, he has depth! He will not be a jobber, it's so freaking good to see that. Plus his "human" design is interesting. Simple, yet kind of disturbing. His Zeterran/Lizard form is definitely a throwback to MK movie. But this form is also kind of likable (from lack of more suitable words that are coming to my mind now). His moveset is smooth, his appealing is nice, his story relevance seem to be bigger than in any other MK and his fatality & fatal blows are decent! I have to admit that I love new Reptile.

Ashrah - here is a bit worse. But probably due to all the amazing AI pictures/artworks of talented artists that were posted here and there. There is simply not so much on the WOW factor with her appearance. She looks decent, not gonna say she is not, but based on how she COULD be reimagined, I still feel that she is lacking a bit. In some of the scenes she looks like D'Vorah undercover with human skin. Cannot also say more about her gamestyle/specials, because she is not that memorable in comparison to other kharacters that were presented in the trailer. She is definitely the low light of it, but 1) I will definitely give her a chance 2) it's always nice to see her. I just can't understand the reason they took out her kriss and gave her the plain blade. Her fatality is quite nice though. Feeling the "angelic" vibe.

Havik - I really wait to check the opinion of @Nikolaidas as he was waiting for Havik like crazy. So, it's awesome that we got him! We saw a glimpse of how he plays and it's sick and all, but it all happened so fast that I couldn't focus on what he is doing. So chaotic and yes, some of his moves didn't make sense but that's Havik. Wonder how his moves will be explained in the story, because ye - we know that the guy is breaking his own bones and stuff but what's the explanation for all of this? So the approach on how they gonna motivate it will definitely be something that I wait for. From what we saw on the trailer he looks properly brutal and properly crazy. Less monstrous, but this is ok. And yea, I can see that he takes the position in the pantheon of jobbers in this game. I can't wait to see more of his moves. Btw, sometimes due to the design of his costume he looked a bit similiar to Reiko, not sure if that was only mine impression.

Bonus: Sareena - cool to see her and the moment when she transformed into the demon was like WHOAAAAAH! So good and so cool! Hopefully there are Kia & Jatakaa sneaking somewhere too. Even as NPCs in the story but would be great to see all 3 of them together in one game.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Did she turn into a demon chick in the old games. I don't remember that.. But a fan art doing it seems to say it is actual lore.
This is the first time we get to see Sareena transform into a Demon, before it was only mentioned that they do have a demon form but can maintain human form through Quan Chi's magic.

So i think they gave into fan service, every Fan who portrais Sareena through art or mugen has her in demon form, and NRS is known to have pulled this fan service before, there used to be a video around before NRS era, where nightwolf could fire 3 arrows at once, they put that move in mk9, so i think they fleshed this demon design