What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Official Announcement Trailer

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Q: What are Kameo Fighters and how do they work in Mortal Kombat 1?

A: Kameo Fighters are a unique roster of partner characters to assist during matches, creating expanded gameplay possibilities for players. These characters are chosen separately from the main roster of fighters.

watch them put all 3D era characters as Kameo instead of main roster ones :DOGE

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Q: What are Kameo Fighters and how do they work in Mortal Kombat 1?

A: Kameo Fighters are a unique roster of partner characters to assist during matches, creating expanded gameplay possibilities for players. These characters are chosen separately from the main roster of fighters.

watch them put all 3D era characters as Kameo instead of main roster ones :DOGE
This is what I'm expecting lmao

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Bruh, no one knows yet. We know as much as you do. Just relax, be patient, and wait for more info and gameplay footage, lol
Well, obviously. I'm asking how fighting games with assists usually work, like Marvel vs Capcom, which I never played. Anyways, someone else in this thread already answered what I wanted to know, thanks.

Zviko

Noob
The Kameo fighters stuff worries me. Will they really add actual characters you can't even use other than as an assist? Even seeing Reptile's Froce Ball in towers or slide only as a special move for Shang was depressing enough, now there's a chance he is ALMOST playable but still not really?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I can only assume these kameo people are going to be less relevant 3d era characters? Imagine locking a fan favourite or staple to that. It's going to be a slippery road....
Eh I wouldn’t look at it like that. I take it as if NRS is trying to get as much people in as possible

For example. Nitara has been talked about for a while now. If she just makes it as a kameo, at least it’s better than nothing. They acknowledged her and we can’t be mad at that

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Holy shit some of you are too pessimistic even for me (which is hard to do). Instead of freaking out and worrying about the “Kameo Fighters”, why not just wait to see what it actually is and how it all works?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'll say this, the reimagined "MK11" reboot done this way is the best possible and most interesting way it could have been done while keeping all the originals. Great job.

Hopefully gameplay is revamped to allow more freedom of expression, we'll see soon enough I'm sure if launch is in September.

Crimea

Noob
The Kameo fighters stuff worries me. Will they really add actual characters you can't even use other than as an assist? Even seeing Reptile's Froce Ball in towers or slide only as a special move for Shang was depressing enough, now there's a chance he is ALMOST playable but still not really?
I can already see how Jade will be just a summoned Shadow kick special lol

Agilaz

It has begun
Holy shit some of you are too pessimistic even for me (which is hard to do). Instead of freaking out and worrying about the “Kameo Fighters”, why not just wait to see what it actually is and how it all works?
Can you blame them? MK has always been focused on 1v1. Yeah NRS has the tendency to just throw out entire game systems between entries, and that tends to piss people off.

Just look at how many people hated MK11 because it lacked most of the bullshit MKX had. With NRS' balancing track record, people are more than right to be worried lol

Best case scenario it's gonna be a 1v1 fighter with well balanced assist moves, worst case scenario it's gonna be MK11 holiday towers but in online PVP

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Love everything I saw pretty much. Strong art design. Expecting some kind of return of conquest mode with all we saw and the talk about choice. Are Scorpion and Sub actually brothers now? The hair buns.. might make sense with Kitana Mileena apparently bring buds. All triple A games are going to 70$ in the future it seems.

Love to see Shang, but I'm gonna whine about his wolverine claw. Gonna feel like a cop out if a quarter of this cool martial arts master warlock guy's moveset is stabby stabby slash

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I wish they would have answered if it was cross platform between consoles and PC. I'm not buying a new console. Fuck that.
The beta not being available for PC users makes me think there won't be crossplay in ranked between console and PC. Which would suck because I can't shell out for a new console atm

REYTHEGREAT

For the ballers "A $249.99 Kollector's Edition will be available too for just PS5 and Xbox Series and includes all Premium Edition content plus a 16.5 inch Liu Kang sculpture, three exclusive art prints, a steel case, and 1,450 additional Dragon Krystals."