What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Official Announcement Trailer

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
That Kameo fighter stuff has me very worried
Same here.

It's an excuse to underdevelop proper MK characters and instead throw more guests into the MAIN ROSTER.
That's exactly something that I wanted to avoid, while I was thinking about new MK game.

And more than half of you will be soooo happy to see familiar face/your favourite character as an assist mob.

But let's see - I hope those will be more like: Lin Kuei Assassin, Black Dragon Thug or Netherrealm Zombie rather than Frost, Kira & Drahmin.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
But let's see - I hope those will be more like: Lin Kuei Assassin, Black Dragon Thug or Netherrealm Zombie rather than Frost, Kira & Drahmin.
you chose 3 characters who could be locked away behind assists forever & only a handful of ppl would care. Who's itching for Kira & Drahmin to take up main roster slots let's be honest here.

Because the whole point of being here on this site is to discuss stuff like this.
hes harassing us after the disappointment (to me at least) that mk11 was and we can't be worried? we knew the reveal would be a cgi but i guess no discussion allowed until the gameplay drops

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
you chose 3 characters who could be locked away behind assists forever & only a handful of ppl would care. Who's itching for Kira & Drahmin to take up main roster slots let's be honest here.
Who is your favourite character? Get me your top3, please.

Immortal

Blind justice....
The beta not being available for PC users makes me think there won't be crossplay in ranked between console and PC. Which would suck because I can't shell out for a new console atm
No beta on PC for few simple reasons. First its done by outside studio, second it would get cracked within days and people would play the beta even after it officialy ended, third it would get data mined. Same as it was with Injustice 2, now with Street Fighter VI.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The beta not being available for PC users makes me think there won't be crossplay in ranked between console and PC. Which would suck because I can't shell out for a new console atm

I really hope you're wrong. All the top tier competitive games have this functionality. I can't imagine they'd fuck it up...but I'm not getting my hopes up .

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
No beta on PC for few simple reasons. First its done by outside studio, second it would get cracked within days and people would play the beta even after it officialy ended, third it would get data mined. Same as it was with Injustice 2, now with Street Fighter VI.
I really hope you're wrong. All the top tier competitive games have this functionality. I can't imagine they'd fuck it up...but I'm not getting my hopes up .
Just going off of how it was with MK11. I hope I'm wrong too else I'm effed

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Mileena, Ermac, Shang Tsung, & Sindel.
Then will you be happy if those 4 are NOT be in a main roster of your highly anticipated game, but instead they will be transformed into half-developed creeps that you can pick for "assists" and have only 1-2 special moves each? And after hat you will find out that in the roster are bunch of fighters that you absolutely hate?

If your answer is "YES, Because in such way they are in the game", you are probably a fan of Triborg and Mileena's/Jade's moveset in Kitana's arsenal.

If your answer is "NO, fuck that". You are true MK loyalist.

Pick your side.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Capcom announced a 2 million dollar cup with 1mil to first place, that will undoubtedly go to a dude that has been playing the beta crack religiously since October 2022. Highly doubtful they'd want to make the same mistake.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Then will you be happy if those 4 are NOT be in a main roster of your highly anticipated game, but instead they will be transformed into half-developed creeps that you can pick for "assists" and have only 1-2 special moves each? And after hat you will find out that in the roster are bunch of fighters that you absolutely hate?

If your answer is "YES, Because in such way they are in the game", you are probably a fan of Triborg and Mileena's/Jade's moveset in Kitana's arsenal.

If your answer is "NO, fuck that". You are true MK loyalist.

Pick your side.
My answer is "Every single character in MK lore can't be playable." lol

-I had to wait how long before Mileena was added to MK11?
-Ermac was not only not playable MK11, they were dead in the krypt & locked behind Towers of Time assists
-Sindel was a cameo in MKX...ONE YOU FOUGHT, BUT COULDN'T PLAY
-Shang Tsung sat out MKX

Like, I get it, it sucks. But it's also expected when there's limited spots on a roster. I'd much rather have fan favorites and a handful of 3D era characters, some new faces to keep things fresh. Than them put in characters that nobody's really interested in lol.

At least as Kameos, some of these less relevant characters are getting acknowledged. Like, as much as I'd like to see characters like Chameleon, Kai, Nitara, Darrius, & Ashrah on the main roster, if they do end up being Kameos, I won't be complaining too hard. Especially Darrius. I am quite literally the only person who gives af about that character lol. So him even being acknowledged and making it as a Kameo would be a treat.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
My thoughts on the trailer:

Love the character looks. Loved the gray on old Sub and old Scorp. I’m excited to see what they do with Human Raiden, and how they might potentially use this as a chance to shake up the rest of the cast too. Although that could also have the potential to backfire, since some people get really married to the idea that “their” character/main should only be or play a certain way.

I don’t know how to feel about Kameos. I don’t typically care for tag based games, and I never really liked the assist stuff in MK11. But I’m also open to change, and sometimes it can create interesting depth or variety. I’m more skeptical than optimistic right now, but that could easily change once they show some gameplay.

Only thing I didn’t care for in the trailer was the dialogue. I found it overly cliché and boring.

Thing that I’m initially most curious about is the phrasing “It’s in our blood”. Is that just a line, or is there some clue/meaning in that phrase?

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
My answer is "Every single character in MK lore can't be playable." lol

-I had to wait how long before Mileena was added to MK11?
-Ermac was not only not playable MK11, they were dead in the krypt & locked behind Towers of Time assists
-Sindel was a cameo in MKX...ONE YOU FOUGHT, BUT COULDN'T PLAY
-Shang Tsung sat out MKX

Like, I get it, it sucks. But it's also expected when there's limited spots on a roster. I'd much rather have fan favorites and a handful of 3D era characters, some new faces to keep things fresh. Than them put in characters that nobody's really interested in lol.

At least as Kameos, some of these less relevant characters are getting acknowledged. Like, as much as I'd like to see characters like Chameleon, Kai, Nitara, Darrius, & Ashrah on the main roster, if they do end up being Kameos, I won't be complaining too hard. Especially Darrius. I am quite literally the only person who gives af about that character lol. So him even being acknowledged and making it as a Kameo would be a treat.
This is where I'm at

I feel like kameos will be reserved for the characters who literally NEVER had a shot of being playable anyways. This gives them a chance to actually garner a fanbase outside of like 6 people.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
OK, I actually agree with your answer.

I'm speaking from the position of underdogs lover (Rain, Sektor, Fujin, Reiko, Frost) and the thought that I COULD have them all fully-fleshed playable and instead I will press one button and then BANG! Rain pops up, throwing the bubble and walking away, kinda freaks me out.

But let's park this discussion until we see HOW exactly these Kameos works.

Ok, but I have another question now on other topic.

Will we see any BRAND NEW FACES?
Not like Female Nightwolf or FireGod Liu (who is technically new).

But a brand new guys like Kollector, Geras & unfamous Cetrion.

What are your thoughts?