What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 (2023) Pre-Order Beta Dates: Aug. 18-21

if you wanna try an ass cheap, high quality xbox controller that is great for MK, look no further than here: HORI HORIPAD Pro Controller Schwarz für Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PC, Xbox One | MediaMarkt

it is hard wired (no usb) and the triggers have very low resistance which is weird first, but its actually great for blocking. sensitivity is adjustable.
I've actually heard very good things about that Controller, a top Killer Instinct player is in favour of it.

How is Kitana compared to other characters? I’m having trouble in neutral with her. B24 is the only good mid but too slow at 15f.
i went through all and no one has super-dominant mids. liu kang f43 might be the best as it has ok range and 3 hits before confirm.

It’s likely one of those assists that have amazing up front power but fall off after a while. Kinda like how Sonya was top tier at the beginning of MK11 but fell off after her on paper potential tapped out really fast
i dont see a fullscreen low combo starter and free fullscreen pushback falling off anytime.

Last edited:
I ran into this little moment. I experienced it twice with only Li Mei. The first is in the video and the second was against Kitana where everything disappeared except her tiara.

Agilaz

It has begun
god this game feels great to play.

also big shoutout to the UI guys, cause the menus are super quick and smooth this time around. i feel like MK1 got a lot of QOL compared to MK11. things like the cursor memory in char select, the shortened intros on rematch, and rematching itself is really quick too.

intros are about the perfect length now.

release day can't be here soon enough

Anyone know how to keep Jax out so he does two ground pounds?

The AI just kept him out for 3 ground pounds bruh bro kept creeping up on me.

Last edited:
[So I'm enjoying the game, but I haven't had a single smooth connection. I'm playing wired. Even with low pings its a lag fest.

Anyone else?

Amirluc

Kaballin'
[So I'm enjoying the game, but I haven't had a single smooth connection. I'm playing wired. Even with low pings its a lag fest.

Anyone else?
I’m just trying to do towers and the game froze about 6 times in a 30 min span

I know that’s not related to what you’re talking about but it’s worth mentioning

Any tips on how to get a versus match? I been trying all day and it just searches forever. So I been just playing tower, but I'd really like to fight a real person. Anyone else having issues?

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Any tips on how to get a versus match? I been trying all day and it just searches forever. So I been just playing tower, but I'd really like to fight a real person. Anyone else having issues?
I’ve gotten into a few, first guy stomped me, then bailed, second guy I stomped and we played 2 more matches with him getting closer each time.

It matches fairly quickly for me, but some of the connections have been dogshit. It seems to fluctuate, the aforementioned dude I beat 3 times started off jittering all over the place, but was smooth in the 3rd match.

So I just get the error connecting to the mortal kombat server message. Did you guys get this message too?? Do I just keep trying or what? Goin on 20 mins now

EDIT: nevermind it worked the second I posted this.