What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 (2023) Pre-Order Beta Dates: Aug. 18-21

@xenogorgeous I'm not kidding. Here, they lie to their customer base about products in the name of upsells, sell used products as new, they're staff take games home to play them, and then bring them back and sell them as new, etc.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
@xenogorgeous I'm not kidding. Here, they lie to their customer base about products in the name of upsells, sell used products as new, they're staff take games home to play them, and then bring them back and sell them as new, etc.
man, really ?

this is bad , pretty pretty very bad for business reputation :eek:

if so, there is no way in hell any normal experient gamer would do any kind of business deal with these rats ..... even if they pay you and give you games for free ! .... sure that even those, will come up with something sordid , creepy and evil intention related behind, hehe :D

If I had nickel for every time I bought a "new game" from Gamestop, and it was literally a bare case without the original plastic wrap on....I'd have alot of nickels.

Their clientele at this point is mostly moms and dads buying physical copies for their kids- who don't know enough to think it's questionable when they pull a beaten up disc out of a paper sleeve, then charge extra for a "protection plan"

man, really ?

this is bad , pretty pretty very bad for business reputation :eek:

if so, there is no way in hell any normal experient gamer would do any kind of business deal with these rats ..... even if they pay you and give you games for free ! .... sure that even those, will come up with something sordid , creepy and evil intention related behind, hehe :D
It is so, and yet, lots of people constantly shop there.

@Tony at Home 's comment is normal for the chain here.

The fact that they're a "pawn" shop for games, you can trade in to reduce costs, is also a big reason they get business.

xenogorgeous

Anyone know if beta has local 1v1?
unfortunately, nope

will have the online and the basic tower , the same we had in the stress test

the only diference, is that this build, is a updated one, more optimized and with some changes, like the dash block, etc, and with the new characters Li Mei, Jonhhny and Kameo Frost along with the same ones from stresst test

so, none local 1 vs 1

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I am seriously going to get my arse kicked constantly in Beta. I have been playing Street Fighter 6 exclusively since release and I am now used to back to block. I tried MKX to get used to MK's block button again and it was a massive fail. I was getting kicked the shit out of every game I played. I kept wondering why and then realising I had been pressing back to block!

Ugh!

xenogorgeous

I am seriously going to get my arse kicked constantly in Beta. I have been playing Street Fighter 6 exclusively since release and I am now used to back to block. I tried MKX to get used to MK's block button again and it was a massive fail. I was getting kicked the shit out of every game I played. I kept wondering why and then realising I had been pressing back to block!

Ugh!
yep, I know your pain

Me also cannot play two different fighting games at the same time, my muscular memory just got confused , so, playing SF and MK at the same level and same time, and same rythm regular daily basis routine is just a brain suicide to me .....

can't do it , so, I gave up .... once MK 1 is released I will give up playing any other fighting game

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If I had nickel for every time I bought a "new game" from Gamestop, and it was literally a bare case without the original plastic wrap on....I'd have alot of nickels.

Their clientele at this point is mostly moms and dads buying physical copies for their kids- who don't know enough to think it's questionable when they pull a beaten up disc out of a paper sleeve, then charge extra for a "protection plan"
One of the last times I was there I was buying a PS4 and some games, this was years ago. Anyway, Bloodborne brand new was $20. I asked for it and a couple other games. When I got home, I realized that he gave me a used copy of BB. Didn’t ask for it and he never even mentioned it. So I went back and told him all of this. He was like “well, there’s no difference between the used copy and the new one except the used is cheaper” (it was $5 cheaper, lol). I can’t remember exactly what I said but I was not happy. Like, do you seriously think I’d wanna get a used copy of a game with a box that was super messed up (something else I didn’t notice until I got home) just for $5 cheaper? AND, it’s not like the used disc was in perfect shape. There were clear marks and scratches on it. And I had just spent hundreds on a brand new PS4 system, why would I care about saving $5!?? Like I said, I was pissed so I can’t remember what I said. I just remember him going completely silent, switching the used BB out with a new one, and I left and neither one of us said anything to each other after, lol. Fkn GameStop man.

Smh. Guess every who preordered digitally on PS5 are gonna be sitting around with our thumbs in our arse while the game takes years to download because everyone will be downloading at the same time. While everyone else will actually be playing beta. The reason this is so frustrating is because up until today, they’ve been saying all along that today is when you’d be able to pre-download the beta. Now it’s today and it’s all of a sudden “lol JK, you can’t download until Friday. Haha sucks for you that you believed us, what an idiot :p
View attachment 20525
Man, WB Games just can't do something that was planned accordingly. But if I'm not mistaken, people who pre-ordered in different Stores and got their codes are able to download the Beta on PS5. So it's not that the Beta is not available on PlayStation but PlayStation don't let you access and download it until Friday if you pre-ordered digitally. So if you pre-ordered it digitally in their own Store, they screw with you and no pre-load opportunity for you. How Sony it is... Ever since this generation started I'm more and more discontent with Sony and PlayStation. In the PS4 era it was great to be a PlayStation player but it's so fitting that they moved on from the for the players catchphrase because they are anything but.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
On PS Store it appers when i will be able to donwload the beta, and the date set is today, i wonder if the backlash has anything to do with
It's showing for me as well and I thought the pre-load was going to start any minute, but nothing yet. The actual countdown says 2 days to become available.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Yeah, so downloading the Beta now via digital pre order while they stated it would be available on friday.

It really comes off as if its one big mess at NRS.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Did anyone who purchased the physical copy at a local GameStop for PS5 get their beta code emailed them to them yet?

Last edited:
In some ways honestly this is a bit cleaner than it is on Xbox. PS players won't have to "search" for the client like I did,
FYI, there was no need to search, at least by yesterday evening. It populated in my Full Game Library like any owned game, and let me install from there. Pretty simple and easy.

He was like “well, there’s no difference between the used copy and the new one except the used is cheaper”
That sounds like GameStop to me. Sleezy a-holes. The difference is GameStop makes 100% profit from their used sales.

How Sony it is... Ever since this generation started I'm more and more discontent with Sony and PlayStation. In the PS4 era it was great to be a PlayStation player but it's so fitting that they moved on from the for the players catchphrase because they are anything but.
Meanwhile, Xbox waves "hello" as they're extremely customer friendly and provide value for their customers in so many different ways. I keep telling everyone, Microsoft has it together this generation, and PlayStation is not what it used to be.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
MK1 Beta finally showed up on the PS5 to download and I preordered digitally.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
As I kinda expected, my retailer can't answer me about the beta code.

I should have ordered the digital edition : /