What's new

More on Krypt Chests and Unlockables

I think big changes have been made to head-gathering on the sly in one of the recent patches. I just earned one in Single Fight Versus and another in AI Battle. They can probably be obtained Online as well, but I can't attest to that. So they're no longer Tower-restricted. ALSO, got one from a brutality even though I have not brutal'd the character 49 times previously, so it can be a mix of brutals and fatals -- it's not one or the other.

I like that a fatality now earns 3 hearts instead of one. Feels like I'm making more progress on Kahn chests.
The souls are too few to be honest. At this point I have unlocked most of koin chests, but have barely made a dent in the souls. I spent 3k souls to raise the bridge just for a Kabal chest. Each soul chest costs a hundred souls, and I get 15 per fight. I feel kinda stuck.
Some people got lucky with dailies and got 10k souls, but I did them and all I got was koins.
I don't think I have unlocked any intros (aside from character towers). I have unlocked no outros at all. For the last hundred or so chests I got way less skins and way more icons, consumables and backgrounds. It's weird because the most skins I have on one character is 13.
I visited Kollektor 4 times and despite having 17 of his items I never got to trade anything. The sacrifice tower only gave me consumables and backgrounds despite me using an item (then again I never spent more than 10k).
So overall I feel like the Krypt is pretty good by itself but the weird way you earn things in this game really hinders it.

Does anyone know where the lantern is for the flame chest at the bottom of the pit? I've looked around with and without the blindfold and can't see it anywhere.

Kratilim

Noob
Does anyone know where the lantern is for the flame chest at the bottom of the pit? I've looked around with and without the blindfold and can't see it anywhere.
Its near the back. Between the last pillar and the wall. Look up.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
FYI: There is a consumable called „sindels wedding ring“. It’s a random chest reward. It lowers the cost of chests 50% and it works on heart chests. So keep that item for those chests. Same for the lockpick consumable. Don’t waste it on coin chests

HAMMER

Noob
FYI: There is a consumable called „sindels wedding ring“. It’s a random chest reward. It lowers the cost of chests 50% and it works on heart chests. So keep that item for those chests. Same for the lockpick consumable. Don’t waste it on coin chests
I have the ring. Can you only use it once?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Here's something that mainstream Mortal Kombat media DIDN'T tell you:

• chests are RNG within the 450~600 that are present (the items are consistent, but shuffle to and fro)
  • most normie chest drop jack shit, except for initially (clearly done to dupe dopes too slow to pick up patterns, into continually throwing more koin at them, and at least until they get bored and move back to Fortnite)
  • there are diminishing returns active on all chest loot -- eventually they drop only garbage, and re-rolling them is a waste of koin (once you've opened them all at least once)
  • the Shrine is also infected with diminishing returns algorithm -- it won't drop skins after a while (for 100K), and eventually even gear will dry up for near-useless augments (50~75K)
  • the Kronika ball seems to drop substantive content each time... BUT, it cannot be fully assessed currently, as it only appears once per Krypt load-up, and seeing as everything else has diminishing returns attached to it, the ball is almost certainly the same
tl;dr -- The entire game literally FORCES players to try and fail at its idiotic "Towers" scam, while dangling real-world money euphemisms ("Krystals") in front of the player (with timed shop content, no less -- FOMO abuse FTW!), that can bypass the grind walls explicitly designed to goad said micro-trannies.

In other words, you will NEVER get all the content in the game (in fact, you'll likely never get the full compliment for the few characters you actually want), unless, 1) you pay for it, or 2) NRS-Warner are threatened with a law suit.

How do I know this? I've hacked the game for over 50 hours, that's how! :joker:
Liar.

HAMMER

Noob
Yo. How can I check to see how many chests I've unlocked?

Also, last night I had like 1,000 souls, then started fuckin around in the Forge. Does the Forge use Souls because now I have like 80.

And lastly; where can I use these stupid Time Crystals? I have around 10,000.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Alright, so... I got all the heads earlier today! Unlocked everything but a few heart chests... and ONE SINGLE SOUL PILLAR WHICH IS LOCKED BEHIND A GATE WHICH I NEED A SKELETON KEY FOR!!! But EVERYTHING ELSE is unlocked and there's no Skeleton Key to be found!

What do I do? If that Skeleton Key is in that Soul Pillar, I'm going to cry! D:

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Alright, so... I got all the heads earlier today! Unlocked everything but a few heart chests... and ONE SINGLE SOUL PILLAR WHICH IS LOCKED BEHIND A GATE WHICH I NEED A SKELETON KEY FOR!!! But EVERYTHING ELSE is unlocked and there's no Skeleton Key to be found!

What do I do? If that Skeleton Key is in that Soul Pillar, I'm going to cry! D:
You’re going to have to either use invisible chests or reroll the Krypt :/

Inzzane_79

Yo. How can I check to see how many chests I've unlocked?

Also, last night I had like 1,000 souls, then started fuckin around in the Forge. Does the Forge use Souls because now I have like 80.

And lastly; where can I use these stupid Time Crystals? I have around 10,000.
Pull up your character card (L2 on ps4, LT on xbox) and go to the right (R1, RB) to see all stats like time played, chests opened etc.)

Yes, some stuff in the forge costs souls, even hearts. When you out in an item it tells you the costs for forging. Some items have a cost of 500 souls alone so if you use 3 of them that’s 1,500 souls for crafting! And if you have the wrong item your forge try will fail and use up the souls regardless!!! You won’t lose the items at least but still.

The time crystals are used in the shop (main menu, press R2 or RT to open the shop)

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Hey I got a quick question. I've unlocked the door at the end of the bridge where Reptile appears and also the one near the place where you put Blaze's heart in the sort of pedestal near the gong behind warriors shrine but... as i didnt have enough hearts to unlock those 2 chests there, I just left them there. And now I see that door at the end of the bridge is locked and also the one in the 2nd location. 2nd I opened by pulling the chain before, but now I dont have that option. What to do? Is that a bug or is it happening sometimes? Thanks in advance!

Inzzane_79

Hey I got a quick question. I've unlocked the door at the end of the bridge where Reptile appears and also the one near the place where you put Blaze's heart in the sort of pedestal near the gong behind warriors shrine but... as i didnt have enough hearts to unlock those 2 chests there, I just left them there. And now I see that door at the end of the bridge is locked and also the one in the 2nd location. 2nd I opened by pulling the chain before, but now I dont have that option. What to do? Is that a bug or is it happening sometimes? Thanks in advance!
The door on the bridge needs to be opened with a skeleton key (random chest reward)

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
How do you unlock the scorpion chests in the gardens and lower pit?
The room between the garden and the first room where you get the hammer, there are three chests at the northern part. Look to the left and you will see a hellfire lantern.

In the lower pit, if you look up along the spiked pillars, you will see another hellfire lantern. Can't exactly remember where, but I think it is hiding behind the northern-most pillar.

HAMMER

Noob
Pull up your character card (L2 on ps4, LT on xbox) and go to the right (R1, RB) to see all stats like time played, chests opened etc.)

Yes, some stuff in the forge costs souls, even hearts. When you out in an item it tells you the costs for forging. Some items have a cost of 500 souls alone so if you use 3 of them that’s 1,500 souls for crafting! And if you have the wrong item your forge try will fail and use up the souls regardless!!! You won’t lose the items at least but still.

The time crystals are used in the shop (main menu, press R2 or RT to open the shop)
Thanks. How about those Sub-Zero Ninja Stars. The guide has it where you use Copper + that green bottle thing only like the recipe. It doesn't work.