What's new

More on Krypt Chests and Unlockables

That's gotta be slower (and take more effort) than letting your AI fight towers now, right? Since every fatality rewards 3 hearts.
Since re-filling my chests, I get like 50-75 hearts in every 3rd or 4th chest. But I don't need them anymore as I've already opened every single heart chest.

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Since re-filling my chests I get like 50-75 hearts in every 3rd or 4th chest. But I don't neem them anymore as I've already opened every single heart chests.
Oh what the hell. I haven't seen any chests like that of the few I've refilled. But I still need tons of hearts and have like 1.5 mil coins so I'll try that thanks.

At the Palace Entrance (approx. 6400, -440) there's a chest that costs 10K (at least in my case, IDK if the price for that one is different for everyone?). It gives you a Skeleton Key every single time you open and re-fill it! Best way to farm these random f'ckers.

Surielx

Noob
Hi guys! I've seen here some good stuff that helped me, it's time to give something in return.
1/ Hunting Reptile is so far easiest way to get souls
2/ The best way for farming hearts is to go to survival tower on very easy and do Mercy + Brutality. You get 8 heads and 12 souls.
3/ Mercy should also count for head kabob! Ed Boon tweeted this today, guy finished Krypt with ~850 fatalities and ~300 brutalities which is not enough to spike all heads (1250 at least) but he also did Mercy 250 times.
4/ I shouldn't be posting this... Use your laptop and those 3 programs:
  • PS4 remote play to "play on laptop"
  • PS4Macro by Komefai to be able to use your keyboard
  • AutoKeyboard or alike to keep pressing X.
Now launch Survival Tower with AI on very easy and leave it for 25-30 minutes for head kabob or launch AI battle mode and leave it overnight for farming hearts and souls.
5/ There's a glitch to get all heads. Once you enter the Krypt and see loading MK screen, press and hold X/A button. Keep holding all the time. Approach the spike and voila! Repeat.
6/ The glitch also works for the door that you need a skeleton key for.

You're welcome.

Last edited:

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
When you're having Noob S-AI-bot grinding through a ToT for you and you hear that magical reward sound, so you look up thinking it might be a head only to discover it's from a dragon challenge... :(

Kratilim

Noob
I think the guy who "completed" the Krypt forgot about the heads. The math doesn't work, he's done 1268 fights and 863 fatalities. He CAN'T have gotten all of the heads yet.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I have all the areas unlocked besides the ones opened by the amulet and head impalement puzzles. Did a run through to inventory how much resources I need to open everything. Counted 10 chests requiring 100 hearts, 25 requiring 250 hearts (I know this is common knowledge because they're each associated with a character), and 130 soul spires (don't think I've opened any, but the count isn't complete because I know some exist in the area after the amulet puzzle).

Looks like 7250 hearts in total (assuming no 100-heart chests in the areas I don't have access to), but I reckon most just want to unlock the chests specific to characters they play and don't need nearly that many. And then 28000+ soul fragments if we're including the bridge fix, underwater chest and 10k tree. Coins is anyone's guess... especially if the amount needed per chest is randomized, but the number is probably ~5 million.
Whats on the 3k underwater chest?

JINNOCIDE

How many chests have you unlocked so far? I am at 418. But I don't know where the remaining chests are. After forging Shinnok's amulett and inserting it next to the other 2 artefacts, the Krypt seems complete?! There is just nowhere to go anymore...
How do u keep the chests count?

JINNOCIDE

Finally got Cetrion's head for the shrine.

I used fatalities only. But I only did 40 of them. so idk if it counted A.I. fatalities or if I might've done 10 fatalities to her I don't know. I feel defeated despite it being a win. I guess it's kinda worth it for the victory animation and the amulet, but idk. I guess I'll try to go through and get them all. It'll definitely take a while.

It's for sure something that will just come naturally if you're patient.

UPDATE: Literally while writing this I had my A.I. Skarlet going through the timed Kitana ToT and I got Cassie's severed head! A.I. fatalities count 100% :D
So it shows to you when you get to 50 fatalities?

JINNOCIDE

No, I counted myself.
Meh. I plan to do the Suvivor tower at least twice a day so I can get all of them at the same time. It's gonna take a while, but I believe I already got +/- 10 to 15 fatalities to each character since I've been completing Liu Kang's towers and now I'm on level 3.

Thanks for the replies!

Surielx

Noob
I think the guy who "completed" the Krypt forgot about the heads. The math doesn't work, he's done 1268 fights and 863 fatalities. He CAN'T have gotten all of the heads yet.
If he finished the Krypt, he must have been in Shang Tsung throne room, so he must have spiked heads. 863 fatalities + 314 brutalities + 253 mercies, if those count as well.

JINNOCIDE

Just one more question: The character towers requirements count if you do them on the klassic towers?

Any guide/list where I can see how many invisble chests there are? I think I opened them all, but I'd like to know for sure. Otherwise I completely finished the Krypt.

JINNOCIDE

Luckily, yes.
Nice! So I can farm both heads and the towers KB & blood split with Liu Kang.

Any guide/list where I can see how many invisble chests there are? I think I opened them all, but I'd like to know for sure. Otherwise I completely finished the Krypt.
I guess it'll take a while for a guide like this. But most secret chests locations are pretty obvious. I usually can tell when it's gonna be one. They always are on areas and walls that are "empty".

There's a lot on the palace entrance, too.

JINNOCIDE

One thing I haven't seen yet is the warrior statues. So far I only found Raiden's amulet. Can you unlock them all? What happens if you do it?

Nice! So I can farm both heads and the towers KB & blood split with Liu Kang.

I guess it'll take a while for a guide like this. But most secret chests locations are pretty obvious. I usually can tell when it's gonna be one. They always are on areas and walls that are "empty".

There's a lot on the palace entrance, too.
Exactly :)

One thing I haven't seen yet is the warrior statues. So far I only found Raiden's amulet. Can you unlock them all? What happens if you do it?
You can only restore Raiden's statue with the amulet. Behind Kano's statue is "something" that you have to spear down, so you can open a fire chest. But that's about it for thr statues.

JINNOCIDE

You can only restore Raiden's statue with the amulet. Behind Kano's statue is "something" that you have to spear down, so you can open a fire chest. But that's about it for thr statues.
Funny. Why do they all have that circle space like Raiden's? It'd be nice if it was a puzzle as well. Bummer.

Hi guys! I've seen here some good stuff that helped me, it's time to give something in return.
1/ Hunting Reptile is so far easiest way to get souls
2/ The best way for farming hearts is to go to survival tower on very easy and do Mercy + Brutality. You get 8 heads and 12 souls.
3/ Mercy should also count for head kabob! Ed Boon tweeted this today, guy finished Krypt with ~850 fatalities and ~300 brutalities which is not enough to spike all heads (1250 at least) but he also did Mercy 250 times.
4/ I shouldn't be posting this... Use your laptop and those 3 programs:
  • PS4 remote play to "play on laptop"
  • PS4Macro by Komefai to be able to use your keyboard
  • AutoKeyboard or alike to keep pressing X.
Now launch Survival Tower with AI on very easy and leave it for 25-30 minutes for head kabob or launch AI battle mode and leave it overnight for farming hearts and souls.
5/ There's a glitch to get all heads. Once you enter the Krypt and see loading MK screen, press and hold X/A button. Keep holding all the time. Approach the spike and voila! Repeat.
6/ The glitch also works for the door that you need a skeleton key for.

You're welcome.
Farming Reptile didn't work very well for me. He'd almost always be in the 10th spot (wasting a lot of my time) and a few times he didn't appear at any of the 10 spots. I spent an hour doing this and got him five times, that's 1000 souls. Playing an hour of towers gets me less souls, but it gets me fatals, coins, hearts and I don't have to do it myself. If all anyone needs is souls, or if they have better luck than me, this is a nice method though.