What's new

More on Krypt Chests and Unlockables

Marinn

Noob
Whats the name of the item that allows you to get one free chest ? Can it be crafted ?
Is there a place in game we can see all our inventory and read item descriptions?

Error404

Noob
Wait , what?!? I'm going to have to grind for DLC character gear too? Whoever came up with that stuff needs to be fired ASAP.

Absolutely horrible.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Kronikas amulet: donate at least 1,000 coins to the shrine

Shinnoks amulet: craft at the forge (Enscrolled Demon’s Heart, Skeleton Soul, Necromancer’s Eye)

Cetrions amulet: ???????

If anyone knows how to get the last amulet please let us know.

Edit: before someone „wastes“ coins at the shrine. I put in 100k two times. With and without a Naknadas charm active (consumable that gives higher chance for better rewards) and only got skins. So the last amulet is not tied to the shrine I think
Centurion amulet is found when you get 50 fatalities or brutalies . You take her head spike it on her thing . Then you get it .

Kratilim

Noob
Anyone know what the puzzle with those amulets in the hize unlocks?

Also, when you stand on the pit bridge, then look back towards the island and look down a bit. There's a platform with a jade dragon thing. Anyone know how to get there?

Gamer68

Fujin!
Anyone know what the puzzle with those amulets in the hize unlocks?

Also, when you stand on the pit bridge, then look back towards the island and look down a bit. There's a platform with a jade dragon thing. Anyone know how to get there?
Pretty sure the Amulet puzzles unlocks that area.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I wish we could just buy whatever skin we wanted whenever we wanted.

I really want the Skarlet Blood Pixie skin, but apparently you have to run through the AI Battle bullshit. Eh, I'll pass.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Okay, so a couple things:

I can confirm that you can kill the demons that run at you when you have the blindfold on. As soon as you put it on, swing your hammer and if any are coming at you, you will have enough time to get the swing out and kill it. Killing your first one will reward you with 100 Hearts and a Sub-Zero Skin called "Ice Wine"

Secondly, I have no idea where Reptile is. I've search the whole Goro's Lair, and pretty much all of Shang Tsung's Island. The only places I haven't been are the room you unlock with the Amulet puzzle, and across The Pit bridge that needs to be repaired. That's it, I've been everywhere else and have spent hundreds of Souls trying to find him. I've even check areas that some said he was at, like the room where you get Scorpion's spear. This confirms that his location is randomized, I guess.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!

I can confirm that you can kill the demons that run at you when you have the blindfold on. As soon as you put it on, swing your hammer and if any are coming at you, you will have enough time to get the swing out and kill it. Killing your first one will reward you with 100 Hearts and a Sub-Zero Skin called "Ice Wine"

Secondly, I have no idea where Reptile is. I've search the whole Goro's Lair, and pretty much all of Shang Tsung's Island. The only places I haven't been are the room you unlock with the Amulet puzzle, and across The Pit bridge that needs to be repaired. That's it, I've been everywhere else and have spent hundreds of Souls trying to find him. I've even check areas that some said he was at, like the room where you get Scorpion's spear. This confirms that his location is randomized, I guess.
Found Reptile (again) today in The Dead Woods by the heart chest. Smashing him to smithereens with your hammer rewards you with 200 souls and a green/yellow Scorpion costume (called Forest something). You need to wear Kenshi's blindfold to see him, and he makes a distinct sound, as if digging through dirt.

He can appear in the following places according to this Reddit post:

• Cave area right of the elevator to Goro's Lair
  • Facing away from Ermac's body in the bottom of the Pit
  • In the Dead Woods somewhere on the left path, near the walls.
  • Opposite end of the Pit Bridge (once built)
  • Hidden area (L-Shaped) from the elevator located before the bottom of the pit elevator, to the right of Goro's Dining Hall.

Last edited:

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah

Did you already find him for the first time? He's behind a hidden wall in Goro's lair. You need a Skeleton Key to get to the wall.

After that he'll be on the end of the put bridge, then he'll be in the spear room

Gamer68

Fujin!
Found Reptile (again) today in The Dead Woods by the heart chest. Smashing him to smithereens with you hammer rewards you with 200 souls and a green/yellow Scorpion costume (called Forest something). You need to wear Kenshi's blindfold to see him, and he makes a distinct sound, as if digging through dirt.

He can appear in the following places according to this Reddit post:

• Cave area right of the elevator to Goro's Lair
  • Facing away from Ermac's body in the bottom of the Pit
  • In the Dead Woods somewhere on the left path, near the walls.
  • Opposite end of the Pit Bridge (once built)
  • Hidden area (L-Shaped) from the elevator located before the bottom of the pit elevator, to the right of Goro's Dining Hall.
Did you already find him for the first time? He's behind a hidden wall in Goro's lair. You need a Skeleton Key to get to the wall.

After that he'll be on the end of the put bridge, then he'll be in the spear room
Okay, thanks!

I have already found his statue and he ran off and everything. I haven't fixed the bridge yet because I've been saving up for the 10,000 Soul tree in The Dead Woods.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Okay, thanks!

I have already found his statue and he ran off and everything. I haven't fixed the bridge yet because I've been saving up for the 10,000 Soul tree in The Dead Woods.
Wait there's a 10,000 soul tree? How'd I miss that? I only saw the 2k or 3k thing in the pond.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Wait there's a 10,000 soul tree? How'd I miss that? I only saw the 2k or 3k thing in the pond.
When you enter The Dead Woods, continue down the main path and eventually you will see a new path that splits off to the left. Take it and keep moving, and you will come across a fairly big tree with a glowing green center. Getting close to it will reveal it's price, and it costs 10,000 Souls. It gives you one of the items you need to craft Shinnok's Amulet, which is for a puzzle that allows you to open up a new area.

10,000 Souls is a lot. I've been playing the game a lot since it came out, and I only have 4,400-ish Souls. To be fair, a spent a few hundred on Heart Chests and another few hundred on using Kenshi's Blindfold, but even if I didn't I would only be around 5,5000 Souls MAYBE.

However, some people have gotten 10,000 Souls as a reward from Daily Challenges or even Daily Login Rewards (that you get from linking to mobile). Something tells me this is unintended because all of the rewards I have gotten have been fairly small. Like we I get Koins, I only get 10,000 Koins always so far. When I get Hearts or Souls, I only get 50 of them.

Maybe it isn't unintended and they will keep these big, rare rewards that you get occasionally. But even then, rare is rare, and you can't really count on getting it. So for now, if you are wanting to complete The Krypt so you can earn all of the locked items associated with it, it's probably a good idea to start saving up your Souls.

pure.Wasted

From what Daanash said on Twitter there are Chests that don't shuffle (Heart Chests, Krypt specific and Kharacter Specific) but the others can be obtained anywhere. You can unlock all basic Chests and never leave the courtyard. But what would be the fun in that?
Ooh I might do this actually. I have (almost?) every chest except past the pit, kytinn hive, and the palace now. Waiting for 3k and 10k souls will be a bit of a drag.

Kal

<3
PSA:

As most of you know by now, Kenshi's blindfold consumes souls every time you use it and keep it running. If your souls hit zero with the blindfold activated then you will lose it from your inventory, you will also bug out and will not be able to progress as you will not be able to receive rewards.

pure.Wasted

Tempting idea to just re-fill chests. But I want to explore the entire Krypt, too.
Well you're gonna have to explore the whole thing anyway to get all the heart chests, soul chests, and other shit.

It's just a question of putting your gold to work in the meantime. That's how I look at it. :D

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So I don't know anything about anything with the Krypt stuff, just starting out for the first time with like 350k coins. Are all the boxes random or is there a list where each box has a specific item? Also, any tips I should know in advance? Thanks.

jakehk

Noob
So I don't know anything about anything with the Krypt stuff, just starting out for the first time with like 350k coins. Are all the boxes random or is there a list where each box has a specific item? Also, any tips I should know in advance? Thanks.
The palace entrance chests are not random, and the shao khan chests are not random. 5000 range will get u gear or brutalities and 10-20k range will usually be skins

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The palace entrance chests are not random, and the shao khan chests are not random. 5000 range will get u gear or brutalities and 10-20k range will usually be skins
Ok great thanks. So I just avoid the 1-2k chest altogether if I don't want like Concept Art or Augment tower stuff to save coin, or do they sometimes surprise you with a skin or gear?

Ok great thanks. So I just avoid the 1-2k chest altogether if I don't want like Concept Art or Augment tower stuff to save coin, or do they sometimes surprise you with a skin or gear?
2-3K chests got me many brutalities, some fatalities and skins. Most fatalities were unlocked by those green soul fragments though. Each costing only 100 souls.