What's new

More on Krypt Chests and Unlockables

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Anyone know where to get the 3 items needed for the puzzle in the Kytinn Hive? (NOT the area with the big bee carcass). I'm currently stuck there as I have no idea what the items are...

I'm glad that everyone gets the same chests the first time through, but that doesn't tell us what percentage of the skins and gear we'll have after opening all 600 chests, or how refills work, or if there are mythic skins "in the krypt" with a random drop rate of 0.0000001%, etc. Having an emergency damage-control Kombat Kast, half of which was about the Krypt, and then intentionally only discussing the first time through the Krypt, still sounds shady to me.

Pazuzu

Noob
Anyone know where to get the 3 items needed for the puzzle in the Kytinn Hive? (NOT the area with the big bee carcass). I'm currently stuck there as I have no idea what the items are...
These items seem connected to Shinnok, Kronika and Cetrion. I got the kronika one, but dont remember how. Maybe in the Kronika vaults, but i m not sure

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I'm glad that everyone gets the same chests the first time through, but that doesn't tell us what percentage of the skins and gear we'll have after opening all 600 chests, or how refills work, or if there are mythic skins "in the krypt" with a random drop rate of 0.0000001%, etc. Having an emergency damage-control Kombat Kast, half of which was about the Krypt, and then intentionally only discussing the first time through the Krypt, still sounds shady to me.
You really think there's gonna be still skins left after opening over six hundred chests inside the Krypt? I agree they should have talked about that but it seems unlikely.

You really think there's gonna be still skins left after opening over six hundred chests inside the Krypt? I agree they should have talked about that but it seems unlikely.
Well there are about 25 * 57 = 1425 skins to unlock between all the modes
25 * 84 = 2100 pieces of gear
Plus all the chests with consumables and art and music and whatever.
I would be very surprised if all the Krypt skins were in the first round, and definitely the gear.
Plus they're obviously planning to release DLC characters, whose skins will be randomly found in the refilled chests, and then I'm sure they're going to release more skins for all of the characters, to be randomly filled into chests. That's the whole idea of a refillable Krypt, to make it into a loot-box.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
This does make me feel a bit better about the Krypt, especially since we will be able to get currency a lot faster soon. It’s nice to know we have fixed chests, that’s literally all I wanted. I would kill to have MKX style chests with the 3rd person open world experience tho.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
or if there are mythic skins "in the krypt" with a random drop rate of 0.0000001%, etc.
I think you misunderstood what they said. There is no “random drop rate” - in fact, no drop rate at all. Every item in the Krypt is in its very specific chest, which is the same for everybody. The only thing that’s random is the location of that chest.

I think you misunderstood what they said. There is no “random drop rate” - in fact, no drop rate at all. Every item in the Krypt is in its very specific chest, which is the same for everybody. The only thing that’s random is the location of that chest.
And when you refill the chests? I mean I guess it's possible that everyone gets the same refill chests in the same order, and NRS has a few thousand chests pre-planned. But what about when dlc characters are added? Then you couldn't get any of their skins until you got everything else first. It seems more likely to me that you would be getting a random box from a large pool.

DDustiNN

And when you refill the chests? I mean I guess it's possible that everyone gets the same refill chests in the same order, and NRS has a few thousand chests pre-planned. But what about when dlc characters are added? Then you couldn't get any of their skins until you got everything else first. It seems more likely to me that you would be getting a random box from a large pool.
The refill thing is the only thing that remains to be clarified. I wish I knew the answer to that one.

I have a feeling they’re not additional chests... but maybe relocated from areas you haven’t found yet? I really have no idea, just guessing. Since they specifically said there are about 600 chests in the Krypt, and every single chest has hand-crafted contents (meaning nothing is random).

I wish they would’ve clarified this.

DDustiNN

Found this in the IGN guide:

“Note that chests that contain Forge Items can be "resealed" by using Kronika's Time Vault and paying Koins to revert them back to being unopened.”

So there’s our answer! You get more Forge ingredients.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I suspect the VAST majority of skins will remain locked after completing the Krypt.
The skins you get from Towers and other places, yeah, but I'm pretty sure you should be able to get all of the things that say "Available in the Krypt" on the first go.

EDIT: I also have an update for the Krypt, when you put on the blindfold a guy jumps out and kills you sometimes, but if you manage to kill him instead you get a reward. I got 100 Hearts and a Sub-Zero skin the first time. Gonna try to get and kill him again another time.

EDIT 2: So I found and killed that bastard again but this time I got only 50 Koins.

Last edited:

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
You must be right :) We should test to see if the sanctuary has the other two amulets
Kronikas amulet: donate at least 1,000 coins to the shrine

Shinnoks amulet: craft at the forge (Enscrolled Demon’s Heart, Skeleton Soul, Necromancer’s Eye)

Cetrions amulet: ???????

If anyone knows how to get the last amulet please let us know.

Edit: before someone „wastes“ coins at the shrine. I put in 100k two times. With and without a Naknadas charm active (consumable that gives higher chance for better rewards) and only got skins. So the last amulet is not tied to the shrine I think

I wonder if unlocking everything in the crypt without refilling chests once gets you all the content there is to unlock.
The Krypt is interesting as hell and I like that even now nobody really knows what its secters are.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Past the Dragon Amulet door, at the bottom of the stairs by the Elder God puzzle is a Kahn chest. In it is Liu Kang gear, one of the items is the arm piece that removes his bracers entirely

If anyone knows which Kahn chest has Shao Kahn gear please let me know

Pazuzu

Noob
Kronikas amulet: donate at least 1,000 coins to the shrine

Shinnoks amulet: craft at the forge (Enscrolled Demon’s Heart, Skeleton Soul, Necromancer’s Eye)

Cetrions amulet: ???????

If anyone knows how to get the last amulet please let us know.

Edit: before someone „wastes“ coins at the shrine. I put in 100k two times. With and without a Naknadas charm active (consumable that gives higher chance for better rewards) and only got skins. So the last amulet is not tied to the shrine I think
Great !!! And now the last one...
The cetrion amulet is not in her shao khan chest. Maybe in 100 hearts chest ? Or a coin chests with a specific location ? Or the 10 000 souls chest in the woods ?

Last edited:

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Great !!! And now the last one...
The cetrion amulet is not in her shao khan chest. Maybe in 100 hearts chest ? Or a coin chests with a specific location ?
Highly possible we have to craft it.

I doubt it’s in a chest, would be too rng but who knows

Pazuzu

Noob
Highly possible we have to craft it.

I doubt it’s in a chest, would be too rng but who knows
I've checked the list of the recipicies, and there is only the Shinnok's amulet. So my theory is there are three different amulets, and three different ways to get them : the shrine, the forge and ... ? this is the question. So I suppose the last one is by a specific chest. Or maybe a deal with the Kollector ?

Kratilim

Noob
Someone on Discord pointed this out to me:
How to impale heads on the Warrior Shrine: To the right side of where the meteor crashed (opposite of the tall statues), on the wall you can see the heads of all playable characters. This is the Warrior Shrine. When you move closer to the wall it will change the area to Warrior Shrine in the bottom left. This is where we must impale a head for trophy :bronze: Skull Kabob. You get these heads by doing about 50 brutalities AGAINST the SAME character in Tower matches. So far this is only confirmed to work in towers that require keys to unlock. You find these keys from chests in the Krypt (the expensive ones that cost 250,000 koins), but they can also drop from beating Towers of Time as completion rewards (rare drop). With this key you can go to Towers of Time and unlock a tower that requires a key. In these Towers you must kill the same character 50 times with a brutality. To clarify: it’s not important who you’re playing, it only counts how often you defeated the same opponent with a brutality (e.g. kill Kollector 50 times with a brutality in a Key Tower). It’s unclear if this also works in other Towers of Time or Klassic Towers, so far only the Key Towers are confirmed for this. After you did like 50 brutalities it will give you the head as a reward after the match. Then go back to Krypt and impale the head to unlock the trophy.
No idea what all that work will give you, but at it might help ppl looking for answers.