What's new

More on Krypt Chests and Unlockables

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Do we know specifically what's in the two expensive Soul Vaults in the Dead Woods?
There's one for 10.000 Soul Fragments in between some trees and then one in the water that costs 3.000 SF's.
But what do they contain? Anyone know yet?

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Do we know specifically what's in the two expensive Soul Vaults in the Dead Woods?
There's one for 10.000 Soul Fragments in between some trees and then one in the water that costs 3.000 SF's.
But what do they contain? Anyone know yet?
The 10,000 thing apparently gives you a Forge Material to craft Shinnok's Amulet, which is a Key Item you need to progress in The Krypt. Not sure if it gives you anything else.

The 3,000 thing raises a Chest out of the water. The chest costs 250,000 Koins, but gives you a bunch of Skins and a Tower Key that lets you summon a Tower that you can apparently (not confirmed) grind for as long as you want and get tons, and tons of Koins.

EDIT: You can't grind the Tower forever, but I think it does give you a ton of Koins for playing it.

Last edited:

Mirjitsu

Noob
The chest costs 250,000 Koins, but gives you a bunch of Skins and a Tower Key that lets you summon a Tower that you can apparently (not confirmed) grind for as long as you want and get tons, and tons of Koins.
The Tower lasts for an hour and it's vs one character (Kollector) who has 5 health bars meanwhile you only get one. You get 3 separate completion awards each time you complete the tower (usually more keys and forge material or 3x Koin amounts) along with one big objective completion award only once (Kollector skin, gear, his summoning Koin in the Krypt, etc.) When the hour is up you have to cash in one of the Keys you get from beating the Tower and start again. If you can beat him then yeah, I guess you could theoretically do it as much as you want, but if you can't then it's only an hour and you're GG.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I'm pretty sure I have every regular chest in the krypt. I'm at the point where all I'm doing now is running around looking for invisible chests. All I need are Cetrion and Shinnoks amulets so I can grab whatever is left behind that door.

I'm still missing most of the soul and heart chests. That's a really slow grind. I also found Reptile for the 3rd time. He was hiding in Goro's lair in the room where you get the spear. Hitting him gave me 200 souls.

Afumba

Noob
I am really sceptical about unlocking everything krpyt-specific in one go. (Everything=skins, intros, taunts, fatas, bruts, gear pieces, win poses)

I think i opened every area in the Krypt except the part where you need the 3 amulets. In those areas i opened every coin chest, every invisible chest, all scorpion chests except 1, 5 Shao Kahn chests and around 30 Ermac chests (saving up for the 10k souls one). Also open around 10 Kronika vaults and had a few skins via random events.

I checked my three characters with the most stuff unlocked and they still have combined over 150 items left to unlock in the krypt. So for the whole roster i am still needing something like 1250 Krypt unlocks. In additiom of course they are still backgrounds, recipes, Icons etcetc...

So unless the amulet area is vast or i am missing something huge i dont see it happening.

Pazuzu

Noob
I am really sceptical about unlocking everything krpyt-specific in one go. (Everything=skins, intros, taunts, fatas, bruts, gear pieces, win poses)

I think i opened every area in the Krypt except the part where you need the 3 amulets. In those areas i opened every coin chest, every invisible chest, all scorpion chests except 1, 5 Shao Kahn chests and around 30 Ermac chests (saving up for the 10k souls one). Also open around 10 Kronika vaults and had a few skins via random events.

I checked my three characters with the most stuff unlocked and they still have combined over 150 items left to unlock in the krypt. So for the whole roster i am still needing something like 1250 Krypt unlocks. In additiom of course they are still backgrounds, recipes, Icons etcetc...

So unless the amulet area is vast or i am missing something huge i dont see it happening.
Have you opened the Shang Tsung Throne Room with the head trophies ? there are a lot of chests in it.

In the Krypt you can impale heads. If you impale enough of them you unlock Shang Tsung's Throne Room. Inside are various chests, many of which contain character INTROS & OUTROS. Question is: how many heads do you have to impale to unlock this room? Does anyone know this? Hopefully not all of them!!!

Afumba

Noob
Have you opened the Shang Tsung Throne Room with the head trophies ? there are a lot of chests in it.
No, i have not. Thanks you just gave me hope. Still skeptical though, as it is a lot of stuff that needs to be in there.

kantboy-2

Ripper
I just want Kano's brutalities and his intros/outtros to give him some prostate relief.

I've given up on skins and gear. Lord help me if I want to get good with another character and make him look unique.

I am not having fun with MK 11 at the moment. :mad: