What's new

More on Krypt Chests and Unlockables

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Maybe someone can help with this. I'm looking for a specific Sonya skin, said to be unlocked in TOT. Thing is, I've done all her towers. So wtf. Is it the gauntlet? I'm in stage 23, I don't think it's there. Might it be her boss skin? Haven't seen her as a boss yet.
It's probably for a tower that comes up occasionally, or maybe from Race Against Time (in which case you'll have to be ready for the grind when it comes up).

Bliss

Noob
Why the hell are the sound/noises different every time I enter the Krypt?

Also, I just did a 50 chest refill in the Courtyard. I went around looking for all 50. I probably got about 35-40/50 (15-20 being Soul chests). I noticed it refilled one of my Shao Kahn chests, WTF? Is that normal? Of course I don't have enough to unlock it. Inb4 it's a duplicate.

I probably missed 4-5 invisible chests but I'm not seeking those out.

I notice that every time I kill Reptile on the top level, he's always on the bottom next and vice-versa.

I've also NEVER seen him in the Armory like the YouTube video suggests. He's also barely in the beginning room with Shao Kahn's hammer.

I did kill him once in the Kytinn Hive (outside area). But, the video didn't list that as one of his locations. Last week I killed Reptile and I got a mesely 50 koins WTF?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I hate how when you use the blindfold you expect those damn demons to scare you and yet when they jump out, still makes me jump a little lol. Warning: don't blast your speakers when playing the krypt lol.

lol the krypt depending on which section you're in makes weird noises.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I hate how when you use the blindfold you expect those damn demons to scare you and yet when they jump out, still makes me jump a little lol. Warning: don't blast your speakers when playing the krypt lol.

I swing the hammer right after putting the blindfold on every single time! Just in case. :p

Bliss

Noob

No. The sounds change. They aren't the same as when I first started the Krypt is what I'm saying.

I'm done with the Krypt for the time being until I unlock the 10,000 Soul chest (I used Shinnok's Amulet glitch to complete the Krypt), and use the lottery system for kostumes/gear.

I was hoping these assholes at NRS would have a way to unlock a secret character in here. But the time has passed, and it's a big fat "NO."

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
No. The sounds change. They aren't the same as when I first started the Krypt is what I'm saying.

I'm done with the Krypt for the time being until I unlock the 10,000 Soul chest (I used Shinnok's Amulet glitch to complete the Krypt), and use the lottery system for kostumes/gear.

I was hoping these assholes at NRS would have a way to unlock a secret character in here. But the time has passed, and it's a big fat "NO."
I'm not hearing differences in sounds honestly, so not sure what you're referring to. They patched all the glitches if I'm not mistaken unless there's new ones, for example the head glitches has been patched. But it's 25 fatalities now instead of 50 so at least they cut it in half.

You talking about the shrine system? the one where you dish out 100 k per skin?

Elias6999

Mournful Master
How do we get in the door on the left side of the path between the warrior shrine and the courtyard? Its been driving me insane that I can’t get in lol.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
How do we get in the door on the left side of the path between the warrior shrine and the courtyard? Its been driving me insane that I can’t get in lol.
On the other side of the Warrior Shrine, just before the doors leading into the Path to Goro's Lair, there's a little nook by the Shrine. Go in there and use Kenshi's Blindfold to find a Breakable wall and smash it with the Hammer.

Blakexton

Shinnuk
@Blakexton

I'm experiencing the same. I've completed a whole lot of towers with fatalities and brutalities and haven't unlocked one head. Do we have to unlock the whole krypt before the heads start counting? That's the only thing I can think of which is why no heads are unlocked.
I'm not too sure on that but I've unlocked the majority of the krypt. I've still been doing a few towers per day using a fatality each time since my last post, and still haven't unlocked any heads.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I unlocked and opened the last of the shit in the krypt this weekend. What a let down. Still several skins and gear pieces left for my fucking main that are supposedly in the krypt. The best Johnny Cage belt is still in there somewhere....

I really don't want to refill the chests and soul spires and do it all over. Please tell me there's another way....a better way.

Bliss

Noob
I'm not hearing differences in sounds honestly, so not sure what you're referring to. They patched all the glitches if I'm not mistaken unless there's new ones, for example the head glitches has been patched. But it's 25 fatalities now instead of 50 so at least they cut it in half.

You talking about the shrine system? the one where you dish out 100 k per skin?
Yes. Shrine system. And they didn't patch that Shinnok Amulet thing. I did the head glitch before it was patched. Then the update came out, and the Shinnok Amulet glitch still worked. I'm still going to buy the 10,000 Soul chest because it's the only thing I haven't unlocked in the Krypt.

The Shrine sucks though. I only use Sub-Zero/Scorpion right now. The chances of getting their skins/gear are low.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Yes. Shrine system. And they didn't patch that Shinnok Amulet thing. I did the head glitch before it was patched. Then the update came out, and the Shinnok Amulet glitch still worked. I'm still going to buy the 10,000 Soul chest because it's the only thing I haven't unlocked in the Krypt.

The Shrine sucks though. I only use Sub-Zero/Scorpion right now. The chances of getting their skins/gear are low.
If you haven't checked it out, there's a recipe for souls of the Forge. 2x Lost Soul Essence and a Necromantic Runestone, cost of 40 souls and 4 hearts to create 250 Souls.
You can get Lost Soul Essence reliably from the Kollector Summonable tower if you spam the tower until the timer runs out.
Still working on where to reliably get the runestones, so you don't have to deal with Krypt RNG.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
If you haven't checked it out, there's a recipe for souls of the Forge. 2x Lost Soul Essence and a Necromantic Runestone, cost of 40 souls and 4 hearts to create 250 Souls.
Necro runestones i Kollector tower if u grind....but souls become useless after krypt, only used for char towers after shin ammy

Bliss

Noob
You can get Lost Soul Essence reliably from the Kollector Summonable tower if you spam the tower until the timer runs out.
Still working on where to reliably get the runestones, so you don't have to deal with Krypt RNG.
Yes. I've used that recipe. But, I didn't know you can get the Soul Essence like that. I'll try it when it rolls around next. Thanks!

Speaking of the Krypt. Why was it the other day I was in the Pit Bottom and someone screamed like they fell on a spike while I had my blindfold on. Then I removed it and looked in every area but no ninja was on the spike. WTF!?

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Necro runestones i Kollector tower if u grind....but souls become useless after krypt, only used for char towers after shin ammy
If they expand the Krypt with DLC, like some suspect, hopefully they'll do something to make Souls and Hearts more useful.
I liked the idea from Maximilian about opening it up to being able to purchase skins, gear, brutalities, etc. with hearts and souls from the Kustomization menu.

SubZeroIce

Runway
I only have opened 460 chests according to my game. IDK why. I ran through the entire krypt and opened like 30 hidden chests and still coming up short, is there a hidden area?

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
If they expand the Krypt with DLC, like some suspect, hopefully they'll do something to make Souls and Hearts more useful.
I liked the idea from Maximilian about opening it up to being able to purchase skins, gear, brutalities, etc. with hearts and souls from the Kustomization menu.
I saw one Noob Saibot mask...makes him look like Jason kinda...looks like dlc...1 or two or five of his masks look tgtbt imo...Expect DLC, until then grind char towers...simple

Last edited: