What's new

More on Krypt Chests and Unlockables

Colares

Noob
I have seen almost everything. So far in this route I'm in I have seen chests that cost from 1000 to 80000 koins, the Ermac chests cost from 100 to 10.000 Souls (the latter is inside the group of 4 dead trees close to the dead end with the 250 Heart chest), and some chests that cost from 90 till 250 Hearts. I have seen those flaming chests without anything to point on how to unlock them.

Any idea what are those flaming chests and how do you open them?
I am too stupid. Do I have to spear something down?? There is nothing at the statues. not behind them, not in front of them. Just this stupid burning chest downstairs behind the statues.

EDIT: Is accdentally put on Kenshi's blindfold an then I got to spear something down behing the Kano statue.
Yes, that's how you open all the hellfire chests. :p

Ah right, I forgot about that. Ugh, that means there are other chests like that as well.
Is this the one?

I opened a 15,000 chest and got the "couldn't connect to server" message. It still took my coins and when I go back to the chest it's open. I have no idea whether I actually got the items or if they're gone forever.

I still need 2 Skeleton Keys. So I just refilled over 400 chests, and opened about 300 of them. Spent 1.5 million Koins on them. Not a single Skeleton Key. Fuck you NRS!!!!!!!!!! Make them available at the premium store already or give them a fixed location. I am so tired of this random sh!t,

Last edited:
Some different question

I read Smoke is in the Krypt as well or at least mentioned as dead and we see some ashes.

Is this true? If yes where?

How do you find him and where is he usually at? Like, do you just run around with the blindfold and he just stands in the middle of the pathways? And when you find him, then what? Whack him with the hammer?
First find and disturb him behind a secret breakaway wall at the Halls of Tortue. Then there are 10 fixed locations where you can find him. Once you found and hit him with the hammer, he spawns in another of these 10 locations (random pattern). First time you hit him he'll give you a Scorpion skin and 200 souls. Every other hit/kill he'll give you 200 souls. Here's a cool video that explains it very well:

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
First find and disturb him behind a secret breakaway wall at the Halls of Tortue. Then there are 10 fixed locations where you can find him. Once you found and hit him with the hammer, he spawns in another of these 10 locations (random pattern). First time you hit him he'll give you a Scorpion skin and 200 souls. Every other hit/kill he'll give you 200 souls. Here's a cool video that explains it very well:
Thanks! ^^

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Are you telling me I can grind some souls doing this? I'm going to the Krypt right now!

In my case his first (second?) apparition was in the Palace Entrance.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Jesus. I went down to visit the Kollector and there was a hanging body glitched in the middle of the room. I almost had a hard attack omg

xXRagingFlameXx

In Shang Tsung's throne room there's literally a chest for everyone with an intro and a victory animation. But, for the life of me I can't find one for Jacqui. I've looked around with the blindfold on, but I can't find it.

Kratilim

Noob
In Shang Tsung's throne room there's literally a chest for everyone with an intro and a victory animation. But, for the life of me I can't find one for Jacqui. I've looked around with the blindfold on, but I can't find it.
Apparently its one of the gargoyles you need to smash with the blindfold on. Its here on TYM somewhere.

xXRagingFlameXx

Don't know exactly, I haven't been there as I have yet to use the exploit :p But I thought someone mention it was in one of the side rooms.
Ayyy, you're right! I got it :D Now I just gotta hope they lower the character tower requirements in ToT so I can get the rest of the intros & victories for everyone.

Kratilim

Noob
Ayyy, you're right! I got it :D Now I just gotta hope they lower the character tower requirements in ToT so I can get the rest of the intros & victories for everyone.
I know the feeling. I still want to collect every brutality eventually. But without a ToT adjustment, thats never going to happen.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
You can actually farm hearts from that guy. Just take the elevator up and down, and he will respawn.
That's gotta be slower (and take more effort) than letting your AI fight towers now, right? Since every fatality rewards 3 hearts.

xXRagingFlameXx

I know the feeling. I still want to collect every brutality eventually. But without a ToT adjustment, thats never going to happen.
Apparently they're still working on ToT difficulty. So I can expect that lowering those requirements are (hopefully) next on their list. It really feels like they just had grind on the mind when making this stuff. Despite them saying they wanted it to be 'fun'. I don't find a lot of this stuff fun tbh. We've gotten rid of the major Krypt grinds with these exploits thank God. But ToT need some definite tweaking.

I said before, It's not an issue if you only want stuff for your main. But if you want stuff for everyone then it's just too much.