What's new

More MKX DLC Konfirmed; Koming First Half of 2016

It is underwhelming, but it makes sense. Think of everything that they have to do - Make complete functioning characters with fatalities, brutalities, intros, outro, they have to get most of the voice actors back in the studio to record lines, mocap work, balancing, etc. I'm glad they didn't just give us half assed rushed characters to appease the masses. When the characters come out in 2016, the fans that truly appreciate those characters will be there to play them. That's about all I can say on the matter, we're getting more support for the game and that's great, if you're unsatisfied that's too fucking bad. I've waited for Fujin for 4 years, I can deal with a few more months of waiting and so can you.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
Oh stfu. The game will live well into 2016, sorry they're not rushing out shitty broken characters and actually taking time to make them complete and playable. Yeah it sucks they didn't announce who will be in the KP2, but that's Boon for you, he's a fucking troll.
So I should stfu but you agree that ed boon trolled us think about that for a second, i dont give a shit if they're released today next month or whatever i care that hes a bullshitter and we give him our money consistently and hes still bullshits us.

Monarchos159

BALANCED
2016 is fine, but this "big reveal" was really a letdown. Honestly, I don't think they could have given us any less information.

So I should stfu but you agree that ed boon trolled us think about that for a second, i dont give a shit if they're released today next month or whatever i care that hes a bullshitter and we give him our money consistently and hes still bullshits us.
He didn't promise us a trailer, he didn't promise us a reveal, he posted a picture of 4 silhouettes and the word "Tomorrow..?" which made people go apeshit when they really shouldn't have. I didn't get my hopes up because I know how Boon is. Granted, I took part in the speculation because that's part of the fun. You joined the site last month and I don't know how long you've been around in the MK community, but Boon has been doing this for years.

Kokoko

Somehow
If new characters will be in 2016, I hope they will give us the opportunity to vote for at least one character. For example: Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, Baraka. And then they will join the first three in one :)

And it would be cool if they would give us a little bit of free content in these 4 months. Classic skins or fatalities.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
It does say "all of which will be avaliable in the first half of 2016"

Perhaps we're looking at one or two being released by year end. I mean if they release starting as early as October and we get one a month then that takes us through to January. It would then technically all be avaliable in 2016.

Aren't they doing some kind of twitch cast this weekend or next week, maybe they're spreading the info out?

I can see their mindset. You see it in MMO's all the time. New expansion coming for one game? Rival game releases a huge content patch around the same time or just before. However, I don't think that strategy will work well vs. street fighter. if I were someone with limited disposable income and I had to choose: KP2 or SFV, SFV wins hands down. As it stands I'll get both. KP2 better be real shiny though to compare to SFV...

HammerZeit88

Just some guy searching for a main
To anyone that says they are quitting the game cause its "unfair/getting stale/cause F NRS" just leave now and quit posting on TYM to spare the rest of us having to read your crap.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Well, they could still announce who they are because remember when Tyler said to pay attention to social media this week? Someone asked which one and he said facebook, twitter and YOUTUBE.
This is like the only hope we have now.

Hope Tyler isnt a liar. :DOGE

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
It is underwhelming, but it makes sense. Think of everything that they have to do - Make complete functioning characters with fatalities, brutalities, intros, outro, they have to get most of the voice actors back in the studio to record lines, mocap work, balancing, etc. I'm glad they didn't just give us half assed rushed characters to appease the masses. When the characters come out in 2016, the fans that truly appreciate those characters will be there to play them. That's about all I can say on the matter, we're getting more support for the game and that's great, if you're unsatisfied that's too fucking bad. I've waited for Fujin for 4 years, I can deal with a few more months of waiting and so can you.
It's not so much as when they're coming out, but how they went about announcing it. Showing us silhohuettes, teasing for awhile saying pay attention to social media this week! Just to announce what everyone was expecting, more dlc. If this is all the info we get for today, it'll be huge dick tease

They had to do all of that with the first set of characters too, no? Tanya was super broken. Predator's damage was absurd, yadd yadda. More time doesn't mean they will be any better. There's no reason to think that.

The fans that truly appreciate the characters (or at least pretend to) being there to play them depends tremendously on who those characters actually are.

I'd wager quite a bit that most of the people screaming "omg I'll quit if I have to wait!" or complaining at all about the release being so far away are the same ones constantly demanding reiko, bo rai cho, lei mei, frost, spawn, alien, freddy, or some other such nonsense that no one gives a fuck about.

If that's what this KP actually consists of?, those people won't stick around to see it, and the P will be stupid for everyone that actually waited it out.

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
What if Fujiin isn't included though

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
He didn't promise us a trailer, he didn't promise us a reveal, he posted a picture of 4 silhouettes and the word "Tomorrow..?" which made people go apeshit when they really shouldn't have. I didn't get my hopes up because I know how Boon is. Granted, I took part in the speculation because that's part of the fun. You joined the site last month and I don't know how long you've been around in the MK community, but Boon has been doing this for years.
I've been around since deadly alliance, but I've never seen a blatant bait and switch to this degree. If you were a betting man the odds would be 9/1 he announced the characters today going from what he said yesterday, thats bullshit that he trolls a community that makes him rich.

JDM

Noob
You're joking right? He clearly posted 4 silhouettes that could be speculated as MK characters and you think we overreacted? Nah. Even casual fans were expecting some kind of reveal, this is a huge letdown.

I just wish I wasn't such a fan of MK, he strings me along so hard :((

It's not so much as when they're coming out, but how they went about announcing it. Showing us silhohuettes, teasing for awhile saying pay attention to social media this week! Just to announce what everyone was expecting, more dlc. If this is all the info we get for today, it'll be huge dick tease
I agree with that. It is underwhelming and like I said I get it, but maybe they'll reveal a character later today, who knows?

They had to do all of that with the first set of characters too, no? Tanya was super broken. Predator's damage was absurd, yadd yadda. More time doesn't mean they will be any better. There's no reason to think that.

The fans that truly appreciate the characters (or at least pretend to) being there to play them depends tremendously on who those characters actually are.
Tanya and Predator were both patched. They're improving, and they're continuing support for the game. One of the main criticisms of MK9 and Injustice was the lack of continued support after a period of time. Generally for NRS games the time period of patching is finished about 6 months after the games release. MKX was released in April and will be given continued support into 2016. If you don't see how that's not huge, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

What if Fujiin isn't included though
That would fucking suck, but I could live with it. lol

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
I'm not pissed that it's coming out 2016. I'm fine with that. I'm just tired of being trolled. When you say there's a "big update tomorrow" with four silhouettes, you'd think there would be some news.

There wasn't. The only thing I know today that I didn't know yesterday was that KP2 is coming out 2016. Beyond that, they didn't announce shit. I'm just tired of the NRS marketing.